Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Our tale is a long one and we'd rather not repeat it multiple times. Please, continue leading us to the lord of this castle." Soyokaze says, stalling the awkward conversation.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1

Jin keeps her back straight in the face of this man. "Soyokaze is correct. What we have to discuss must be face to face with the chief strategist. There's little time."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

The strategy room

Post by Camus »

The samurai looks ahead quickly, not daring to look at Dai Jin in the eyes directly. "Yes my lady, I am sorry to have delayed you!" Among the men of the Oda clan there is the rumour that looking at the fiercely beautiful woman for too long might not be beneficial for one's lifespan. Specially the lifespan of the reproductive organs, she is said to have severed those in equal number as she has severed any other extremity. Dai and the others know of this shenanigans, and have tried to refuse it several times already, to no avail. There are things, such as gossiping that are even harder than her own stubbornness.
The way up is taxing on the legs, but the fresh night air gives some respite.

Yahata: In your way up you realize the intelligence of the designer and architects that built this place. The only access up is via these narrow stairs, this would allow archers to easily pick enemy soldiers and the garrison to effectively repel the attackers at the gates. These stairs would be a very good defence position, although it would require to abandon the rest of the city to its fate, if Imagawa sieges Owari. Certain goddess wouldn't be too happy about that.

After a few minutes climbing up you reach the entrance of the castle/palace.There are several guards and archers posted on the niches above your head, and the interior itself is spartan, with simple paper sliding doors and polished wood, but nothing opulent. The hatamoto samurai leads you in the maze of corridors, until you reach a certain room. You've heard of this room but never got to enter inside of it. It was the strategy room, where Nobunaga came up with his plans alongside his strategists, most of them members of his close family.
You can't help to feel your heart race in anticipation, as the samurai kneeled besides the paper door and gently slides it open. "I have no excuse for interrupting your most important work, Chief strategist, but the virtues have arrived and request an audience with you." the samurai says, not opening the door completely. He seems to see something, a gesture of approval perhaps, as he stands and opens the doors completely, then bows to the people inside, then to you, and then walks away.
As you stand in the doorway, the smell of incense beacons you inside. There is a large table, with maps and rolls of paper scattered over it, with several candles, several almost exhausted.
Behind the table, sitting on a large pillow is a middle aged man. You instantly recognize him by who he is. Oda Nobuhide the Tiger of Owari, fearsome warrior of the last age, unifier of Owari, mortal enemy of the Imagawa, and more importantly, father of Oda Nobunaga. To his side are 4 more men, all with sharp resemblances to the Tiger of Owari. The man rests his hands on the table and raises to his feet, before bowing to you, much to the horror of the other men "I am honoured to receive the warriors of Nubunaga-dono in this humble palace. I am the chief strategist serving Lord Oda, what is that you wish to speak with me?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------

Jin wisely choose to let the samurai's blatant disrespect towards her and Hanna pass, though the knuckles of her hand had grown white the tighter she gripped her sheathed sword. These men needed to respect her for her strength and skill, not act like cowards in the face of mere rumor and speculation. While she couldn't speak for the hot tempered wu, to strike an opponent in such a way in any circumstance is to sink to a low contrary of a true embrace of the warrior's spirit.

The mere implication that she wouldn't adhere to this was a strike against her own personal pride and sense of honor.

"Chief Strategist," The woman greeted, bowing low in response as a sign of deep respect for the man and his family. She dared not raise from it until told otherwise. "We bring news from the front. The temple was destroyed in an unexplained fire far before the Imagawa even crossed over the horizon line. Our Lord himself, we were unable to locate any sign of his presence after the attack."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"The fire itself had more in common withe an explosion of fireworks than an arson's razing. Not our Lord's enemies's normal style." Soyokaze adds.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

AKIHITO
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Seeing Dai Jin's reaction to the soldier's behavior,he gently placed a hand on her shoulder briefly in reassurance and smiles at her if she looked over.While he didn't know WHO started these ugly rumor's(yet), he could easily figure out WHY.It was the same reason why his sister had the rumor of sleeping with his adopted father to get where they were.To just be spiteful cause they didn't have the Courage to say their opinion's directly.He'd like to track down who started all of it,but didn't think either women would like him interfering...

Bowing deep alongside the other's,the former Yakuza continued speaking after Soyokaze did
"Not only that,but we ran into advanced Imagawa Calvary,so it's fairly certain the rest of their forces are heading this way..."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
HP: 0
"I am Soyokaze, high healer, alchemist, and oracle of the court of Oda Nobunada.
"I am Yahata," the demigod called up. "I also have many titles and am very important."

Although his demeanor was casual (certainly there was no threat to himself in the inevitable upcoming conflict?) he understood that the mortals of Owari did not share his capabilities. They would need the strength and skill of himself and the other Virtues to see it through this battle. Already he was designing the path to victory in his mind. Considering the resources available, the lay of the city, the defenses that could be mounted. No matter how little they might have to work with, Yahata would claim victory. Anything less would be an affront to his former title.
"Not only that,but we ran into advanced Imagawa Calvary,so it's fairly certain the rest of their forces are heading this way..."
"We need to begin preparing a defense against a siege right away," Yahata continued after rising from his bow, sitting himself down at the opposite end of Oda Nobuhide. It may have been arrogant to assume he should be involved in such talks, but the fact that he had never been invited to this room before was a bit insulting, honestly.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

Kuro bowed in greeting, then assumed his accustomed position off to the side of the main group. His face was an impassive mask as he studied the chief strategist and his party intently.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Camus

The strategy room

Post by Camus »

The men around the Tiger of Owari seem shocked and surprised, but that reaction is soon mixed with anger, and for what you can see, ambition and fear. Nobohide calms their whispers with a raised hand. "You bring grim news for the people, troublesome news for the house Oda, and worrying news for a caring father." He falls silent for a moment, as he thinks what to say next.
One of the men around him exploits the silence to interject. "Father! We must not falter even in this dire situation. If our elder brother has fallen to the enemy, we should chose a new Daimyo for our clan and cursh Imagawa!" Others around the table nod or voice their disagreement. "You say that because you are next in line, Nobuyuki!" on of them finally proclaimed. This, of course, created a more heated discussion. "How dare you accuse me!" "Traitor!" and all such words were said, until Nobuhide slams his fist on the table. As if they had been deprived from speech, all around the Tiger of Owari fall silent like a grave.
"Enough of this foolishness! If we fight ourselves, it would mean I have accomplished nothing in my life! I alone unified this clan, I will not see to fall apart divided again." he says, scanning the faces of each of the strategists, and also the virtues.
Finally, he looks up at you "Imagawa is no fool. If he is going to attack Owari is because he knows he can win this siege. I know him well, he has probably gone over the numbers a hundred times already." Nobuhide explains. "Do you think we could pull out a defense that would be a thing of legend? Otherwise, I fear there is little hope."
Kuroi is able to catch a glimpse of repressed anger from the man who spoke up, Oda Nobuyuki.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

AKIHITO
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Quickly thinking on his feet,Akihito say's(more to himself than anyone present,but all can hear him)
"As you said,Imagawa is no fool.Given the size of the Scout force we briefly met,it's a good wager he's bringing the majority of his forces here.Problem with that is,it'll take him several days to get everything he need's for a Seige here not to mention he'll want to see Owari fall himself.If we can make him think we're more prepared than he though originally,he'll take time to re-examine his plans.Which'll give US enough time to evacuate...."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------

She frowned at how easily Akhito dismissed their chances of survival. "Evacuate? Hmph." The woman rose from her bow, if only to more easily shoot the bowman a scathing look. "If we mount a proper defense, keep the men in line with high spirits, such a move would be a waste of time and the citizen's patience."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze frowns. "An evacuation may be temporarily disruptive, but the lives of the people of this land are worth any such precautions and I'm sure after all the many years of valiant protection and rulership that their patience will not be tested by such an event as an evacuation for their safety." The old man counters. "A nation's heart IS its people after all. Just as it's head are the wise rulers assembled here." A bow accompanies his words.
"I volunteer to see to the relocation and evacuation plans and leave the military strategy to the more tactically minded here." Soyokaze says smoothly.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

Kuro stepped forward, hands hidden in his sleeves. "Lord Oda wielded me like a weapon to cut down his enemies. A weapon does not need to know why he strikes, only when. I have no counsel to offer you, but if you need to cut down the enemies of the Oda Clan, I will do this. If you stand and fight, I will be there. Otherwise my duty is still to try and seek my Master."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Irritated
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"Which'll give US enough time to evacuate...." "What is this talk of fleeing?", Hama growls. "What good will giving Imagawa this place do? Do you think Nobunaga hid an army just beyond the next town? That Imagawa will grow tired of conquest if left unopposed? Nonsense! If we cannot win here then we cannot win, so we shall fight here and let come what may!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“I thought we were just talking the non-combatants.” Sozoyake says. "Am I incorrect?"

"I mean, defend the walls and the sanctity of the city. And if the necessity of conflict cannot be avoided let them break upon our defenses and make them pay for every step. And, by the Fates, may it be so vicious that the horrors of war will not be forgotten in living memory." says the pacifist. "But if they should succeed, let us not hand them the fair and noble people of this city to bend to yoke and lash. Let us away with them to safety that they may strengthen this empire elsewhere."