Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Death finds all equally

Kuro seemed to coalesce enough to give a shrug before flowing out once more to skirt the land between forest and open road for any possible dangers.
please feel free to make any necessary rolls for me if you deem them necessary Camus.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze frowns at the descent but does not evince a preference of his own. The road could hold more mortal threats but the woods at night... creatures there could cause wounds no poultice could heal. Which would be the worse he could not say.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1

Jin spits to the side, before turning to their gathered group of soldiers and monks. "You heard the man. We're sticking to the road for now. Move out!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Impatient
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"You don't go hunting without sharpening your Weapons first ,agreed?" "My whole life I have misunderstood hunting, then. I always thought that the hunter sought their prey, not sought to be prey." Hama shoots back. "But," she shrugs "Imagawa's men may be plentiful yet I suppose we've seen they're nothing to fear. He must have some men of merit somewhere though, and if they find us anywhere it will be on the road."
"Well, it shall be all the more glory for us in the end." Hama sighs before falling into step beside Yahata.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

Jin follows her own advice and says nothing, seeing no more point in continuing to argue with Hama or anyone else on this matter. Instead she keeps ahead, a hand resting atop her swords hilt to draw it at a momment's notice. Her eyes are locked forward, keeping a consistent look upon whatever's up ahead, hoping to catch whatever might come their way.
Tactical Awareness: Danger Sense (Visual)
------------
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
HP: 0

The road or the forest? Road? No. Forest? Yes. Wait, no. Road. Mortals always seemed to find the most amusing things to squabble about. Whether it was the mysteries of the nighttime woods or the potential military forces on the open path, there was no obstacle this group could not face. Especially with Yahata.

"You heard the man. We're sticking to the road for now. Move out!"

"Well, that's too bad," Yahata commented, putting Jingu up on his shoulder to perch. "I think getting closer to nature would have done us all some real good. Maybe Kuro will find Jingu a friend." The demigod didn't actually have a preference, but he wasn't simply following orders either; he just appreciated the company of the few people who could keep up with him.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:06 am Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Impatient
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"You don't go hunting without sharpening your Weapons first ,agreed?" "My whole life I have misunderstood hunting, then. I always thought that the hunter sought their prey, not sought to be prey." Hama shoots back. "But," she shrugs "Imagawa's men may be plentiful yet I suppose we've seen they're nothing to fear. He must have some men of merit somewhere though, and if they find us anywhere it will be on the road."
"Well, it shall be all the more glory for us in the end." Hama sighs before falling into step beside Yahata.
Soyokaze shrugs. "I am a vegetarian whenever possible. Cutting up carrots does not need so sharp a knife."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Conversational
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

The bird had caught Hama's attention. Before long, she was staring openly at the dove on Yahata's shoulder as she walked. Soon her curiosity got the better of her, and she turned her gaze to his face. "What in the world is that bird? It moves, it blinks, yet it is most clearly as bloodless and dead now as the sword it became. Moreover, while your skill with it speaks for itself, by what virtue did you come to possess and come to so evidently cherish such an unusual thing?"
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
HP: 0

Yahata gave a puzzled look to Jingu, as if the bird had the answer to his confusion, then turned to Hama. "Wait, you mean not all birds can turn into swords?" He snickered at his own joke while considering how to answer.

"Jingu... was a gift from someone very special. She," he put emphasis on this, a subtle way of showing he'd prefer Jingu not be referred to as "it", "means a lot to me."

It obviously wasn't the full story, but it was all Yahata cared to give for a number of reasons. He didn't want anyone to know the former god of war was in a such a mortal states, not to mention the attention that would bring could only distract from reclaiming his status. And besides, it's not like he ever questioned Hama on where those water powers came from, right?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

Though her eyes were mainly locked upon the road ahead, they did flicker once towards the man and his odd, folding bird. It may've been more unusual if it wasn't for the fact that one of her companions was an obvious Yaoguai, another a powerful alchemist, with the third being a very talented Wu. Herself and Akihito were very likely the only two normal humans among them, aside from the monks and soldiers. What a strange place, this nation.
------------
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"Wait, you mean not all birds can turn into swords?" Hama snickers and replies "Around here it is generally the old man turning swords into birds. I imagine he would be upset if they turned back."

"Jingu... was a gift from someone very special. She means a lot to me." "Ah," Hama says calmly, "then my apologies to the lovely Jingu for any offense I may have caused."

A moment passes in silence before Hama looks Yahata in the eye. "I served under Lord Nobunaga on promises of fame and glory, and will see that he delivers it with his actions or his life. Our hard-headed warrior is clearly bound to him by some foreign honor. I can make guesses at the yokai, the bowman, and the sage. But you are a mystery, seeming neither shackled by obligation nor slave to honor. What brought you to his service, and what do you intend to do now that he has left us?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:30 am "I served under Lord Nobunaga on promises of fame and glory, and will see that he delivers it with his actions or his life. Our hard-headed warrior is clearly bound to him by some foreign honor. I can make guesses at the yokai, the bowman, and the sage. But you are a mystery, seeming neither shackled by obligation nor slave to honor. What brought you to his service, and what do you intend to do now that he has left us?"
Other then giving Hama a sharp look at her comment about her supposed 'hard-hardheadedness', Jin gave away little else. Her reasons for why she served Lord Nobunaga were her own alone, and not something she felt the need to comment upon or even clarify. To do so would be a pointless exercise.

Focusing back on the road, she continued to keep a watchful look.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:30 am Hama
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"Around here it is generally the old man turning swords into birds. I imagine he would be upset if they turned back."

Soyokaze opens his mouth as if to say something but stops with a considering look on his face. He walks along in ponderous silence.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:30 am Hama
A moment passes in silence before Hama looks Yahata in the eye. "I served under Lord Nobunaga on promises of fame and glory, and will see that he delivers it with his actions or his life. Our hard-headed warrior is clearly bound to him by some foreign honor. I can make guesses at the yokai, the bowman, and the sage. But you are a mystery, seeming neither shackled by obligation nor slave to honor. What brought you to his service, and what do you intend to do now that he has left us?"

AKIHITO
HP-0 Condition -Normal

Akihito's voice cut's through the din of Conversations as he say's to his companions(his voice having taken on a strangely hypnotic quality)
"I and my little sister Akemi grew-up around the Kyoto Province,children of Hunter's&Trapers.We didn't really care about our social status,the ongoing disputes,or anything else really.All we cared about was if Hunting season would be good enough to live on and to trade for the thing's we needed that we couldn't make ourselves.We were deeply spiritual,myself and my family.We would pray to our Ancestors and the Spirits of the Forest daily for their protections and blessings....(a mildly bitter laugh escapes his throat),but maybe we should've been more concerned with the Physical than the Spiritual....I remember it very vividley(?) what happened on that day....."

The flames were all consuming,like Hungrey Wolves attacking a lone deer.Tightly holding his sister's hand so as not to lose her to it's hunger,Young Akihito's voice was thick with coughing as he called for his parents.The attack had come from out of nowhere,as one second he was happily talking to his friend Denki about just starting to learn to hunt when an Arrow suddenly slammed into Denki's back and he hit the ground with a sickening thud.Now here he was,less than 10 minutes later,calling horsely for his parents with tears in his eyes as he got her out of the burning Village.He manages to get Akemi out and up the hill towards their home when they finally stopped and he collapsed,taking in gulps of fresh air.He can hear his sister crying beside him as he sit's up,groaning lightly as his small muscles protested the effort.Holding akemi gently,he allowed the tears to fall as he looked on as the flames created a tableau of Carnage....

".....there really isn't much else to tell.We managed to get to Kyoto proper,spent some time as Street Beggar's,managed to get in the good graces of the Boss of the Hiruma Yakuza who inducted us into the "Family",and here i am with all of you...andBofu,of course."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

Hearing the archer mention his little sister, and how the two of them had once lived normal lives before some unspoken tragedy forced them to rely on one another for survival from then on. It made her think of her own brother, the one person who made her feel like life was something worth living. "I... Had an older brother myself. He taught me the basics of how to use a sword, and we mock-fought in spite of how improper it was for a girl such as myself. He was a soldier. Would often leave for months before coming home and showering us with a new souvenir he picked up in his travels. After a long campaign North against the Huns- a band of ruthless barbarians..."

Brow pinched, her eyes become harder as she looked back at that day once more. "The only thing that came home was this armor. I continued to learn how to fight in his honor after leaving home and finding my way here. An Onna-bugeisha who served within lord Nobunaga's court taught me the meaning of Bushido and how to handle a real sword rather then an old stick. I owe him my loyalty for giving me that chance to fulfill my dream."

Looking down at the bronze blade at her hip, she noticed her knuckles had gone white while she struggled to maintain her discipline. A soundless breath helped release some of the tension she still felt. They didn't need to hear her entire story. Why she even felt the need to speak at all instead of focus on the task at hand was something she couldn't say. A slip of judgment at an ill opportune moment.

Jin hunched her shoulders and moved her gaze forward again, while her lips remained in a tight expression of carefully manufactured calm.
------------