Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1
o===)---------------

She clicked her tongue in disappointment at the sorry sight, before marching in with her head tall. "Get off your asses, you're this city's finest men, their protectors, and the way you mope about right now I wouldn't trust you to guard a cabbage patch. Pick up those swords, tighten those faces, this battle isn't anywhere near as hopeless as your imaginations are telling you. You have family out there who are counting in you; wives, daughters, sons, sisters. You have friends you have known for years that are placing their faith in you. There are strangers who may not know you, but they trust in your protection all the same. Even your enemies, childhood quarrels or the drunkards you toss out of the bar after they've grown rowdy are praying to their ancestors to grant you the strength you need in this coming battle."

Brushing past one of the men roughly, she kicked up the sword he had neglected to finish tying around his waist and held it out to him. "Finish gathering up your things, and meet me out in the in the yard. I want to see what you're capable of, for you to prove to me what it means to be a proper soldier."
Persuasion: 26
Man, I was willing to blow my Hero point to make it stick, but it seems she's firing on all cylinders this evening.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

Kuro seized the opportunity and pounced on the opening his prey had left him.
Full Power Attack : 1D20+8-5 = [14]+8-5 = 17 against the Vulnerable Tengu. Dc 28 Toughness check if this hits.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze will seek out Yahata. The old alchemist would not use his knowledge of the fundamental forces of the world to cause harm, but that didn't mean he couldn't offer to make an entire flank unpassable by a ground-hugging knock out gas or an unpassable mote or ditch. Something obvious so the enemy knew not to go there. It would Control the battlefield better for the defenders of this city and allow them to focus elsewhere.

Perhaps the Defense of the city would be strengthened by it.

He would rely on the Dove Warrior to tell him which section or side would be best reinforced in this manner.
[Doable, GM? Maybe a strategy roll from Yahata and an Alchemy roll from me to see if we can raise Defense by a point of two?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA

Once outside, Yahata produced Jingu from his pocket, who with a small fluttering of wings came to perch on her owner's shoulder. A breath of the morning air was a pleasant change from the smell of parchment and candles in the strategist room; almost pleasant enough to ease his concerns for the state of defenses. There was a satisfaction to be had in partaking in an absolute victory, yes, but any mortal could win when the odds were easy. Overcoming incredible odds is what attracted the attention of the gods themselves, and Yahata embraced the challenge. He had much work to do.
As I said in the OOC thread, I'm going to use Skill Mastery to get a 20 on Expertise: Warfare to identify the weaknesses that require the most attention.

This next bit is if Soyokaze and Yahata do meet up. Honestly, Flynnarrel had the same ideas I had, although I don't think Soyokaze would help in throwing in some spikes with those motes. ;)
"How did your efforts go, Soyokaze?" Yahata greeted with a smile. "Will the injured have a proper place to lick their wounds? I won't be needing it myself, of course, but I worry for the others."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[No Spikes, nothing to harm. Soft ground to land on even.]
"Hospital is set up, resources for healing are being gathered. The Path will be paved that former soldiers may one day lay down the spear and sword." Soyokaze says wistfully. "And your endeavors with the planners and thinkers?" he asks more out of polite or professional interest than anything else.
Camus

Tavern rumble

Post by Camus »

McGuffin wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:24 pm Kuroi Kiri

Kuro seized the opportunity and pounced on the opening his prey had left him.
Full Power Attack : 1D20+8-5 = [14]+8-5 = 17 against the Vulnerable Tengu. Dc 28 Toughness check if this hits.
The bird woman yelps as your claws dig deep into her stomach. She separates from the melee and seems intent in fleeing, nursing her wound.

Tengo rolls a 17 and suffers one injury and is stunned. You go again.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

The pious instructor

Post by Camus »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:22 am Dai Jin
HP: 1
o===)---------------

She clicked her tongue in disappointment at the sorry sight, before marching in with her head tall. "Get off your asses, you're this city's finest men, their protectors, and the way you mope about right now I wouldn't trust you to guard a cabbage patch. Pick up those swords, tighten those faces, this battle isn't anywhere near as hopeless as your imaginations are telling you. You have family out there who are counting in you; wives, daughters, sons, sisters. You have friends you have known for years that are placing their faith in you. There are strangers who may not know you, but they trust in your protection all the same. Even your enemies, childhood quarrels or the drunkards you toss out of the bar after they've grown rowdy are praying to their ancestors to grant you the strength you need in this coming battle."

Brushing past one of the men roughly, she kicked up the sword he had neglected to finish tying around his waist and held it out to him. "Finish gathering up your things, and meet me out in the in the yard. I want to see what you're capable of, for you to prove to me what it means to be a proper soldier."
Persuasion: 26
Man, I was willing to blow my Hero point to make it stick, but it seems she's firing on all cylinders this evening.
The men are taken by surprise by Dai Jin, and quickly but disorderly gather up their weapons and supplies. Half scared and half inspired, the ashigaru meet the eternal warrior in the courtyard, legs wavering. After all this was the famous man eating Dai Jin everyone was speaking about.

OOC: You can take a military roll or even better, a swordsmanship check to show those whelps how to grab a sword ;)
Last edited by Camus on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 am YAHATA

Once outside, Yahata produced Jingu from his pocket, who with a small fluttering of wings came to perch on her owner's shoulder. A breath of the morning air was a pleasant change from the smell of parchment and candles in the strategist room; almost pleasant enough to ease his concerns for the state of defenses. There was a satisfaction to be had in partaking in an absolute victory, yes, but any mortal could win when the odds were easy. Overcoming incredible odds is what attracted the attention of the gods themselves, and Yahata embraced the challenge. He had much work to do.
As I said in the OOC thread, I'm going to use Skill Mastery to get a 20 on Expertise: Warfare to identify the weaknesses that require the most attention.

This next bit is if Soyokaze and Yahata do meet up. Honestly, Flynnarrel had the same ideas I had, although I don't think Soyokaze would help in throwing in some spikes with those motes. ;)
"How did your efforts go, Soyokaze?" Yahata greeted with a smile. "Will the injured have a proper place to lick their wounds? I won't be needing it myself, of course, but I worry for the others."
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm Soyokaze will seek out Yahata. The old alchemist would not use his knowledge of the fundamental forces of the world to cause harm, but that didn't mean he couldn't offer to make an entire flank unpassable by a ground-hugging knock out gas or an unpassable mote or ditch. Something obvious so the enemy knew not to go there. It would Control the battlefield better for the defenders of this city and allow them to focus elsewhere.

Perhaps the Defense of the city would be strengthened by it.

He would rely on the Dove Warrior to tell him which section or side would be best reinforced in this manner.
[Doable, GM? Maybe a strategy roll from Yahata and an Alchemy roll from me to see if we can raise Defense by a point of two?]
Yahata meets the old alchemist, and the two of them start to survey the city and its weaknesses. Yahata identifies a couple of broad streets the enemy is likely to take to move towards the castle, that could be used as choke points. However, what would the alchemist do instead of what the god of war had planned? Certainly a spiked pit of death would be too much.

OOC: Certainly doable, the strategy roll is done, roll an alchemy and state what are you going to actually create.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri

"Tell me who sent you or perish where you stand, pathetic fowl!"
Attack: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 dc 23 Toughness check
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze inspects the avenues of approach. The old man proposes a three stage means of blocking off one of the avenues of approach. It starts with a perfectly smooth stone incline starting gradual then getting steeper and steeper. Littered throughout are pustules filled with a textile-only acid that can eat through cloth and leather readily and pit wood and eventually can compromise even metal. Any touch will expel their contents in a wide burst. And though it will not harm living flesh, the hiss and steaming from their garments will make even the most hardened soldiers shriek and if forced to press on they will be naked after only a short time. About a third of the way in, at a place of sharp incline, they discover the final countermeasure - a slime coupled with an application of chaotic wind fu in rolling horizontal cylinders which renders footing precarious, but it is no ordinary slime. It more closely resembles the secretions of a toad, the very touch of which is a short-acting long-lasting stunning agent. The near-naked folk should succumb then be blown down the incline, sliding to spread the slime even further to those struggling behind them. Like this but with more nudity.

It would constitute a loss of assets (armor, clothing, and maybe some weapons), morale (hard to fight while naked), and time (slow and futile approaches) for the enemy.

What Soyokaze didn't say, but likely obvious, was that the roiling wind would keep their own archers from capitalizing on the enemy's nakedness and the slime is deliberately designed to be non-flammable.
first roll was 5 on the die, using HP for reroll.
OOC: Alchemy: 1D20+11 = [16]+11 = 27
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1>0
o===)---------------
Swordsmanship: 17 (Ehhh... I'd like to reroll that actually.
Reroll: 12+10 Good enough.
Though she schooled it excellently, in truth this entire experience was nerve wracking. It'd only been a year prior that her master had deemed her fit enough to wield her blade in battle proper, so to be here now trying to school soldiers who've no doubt been at this for far longer then she has was almost unthinkable. Yet she pushed through, allowing her raw potential and talent to show through while guiding the contingent of soldiers through the same motions.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
"And your endeavors with the planners and thinkers?" he asks more out of polite or professional interest than anything else.
Yahata's grin widened into a brash smirk. "All I will say is that Imagawa will regret making an enemy of the greatest military strategist in all of Japan." In truth, he believed he was the greatest in the world, but humility was just one of Yahata's many admirable qualities. "We will hopefully have the aid of a samurai named Saitō Dōsan. Known also as the Viper thanks to his brutal tactics... so I'm sure you two will get along great!" The demigod snickered, but then had to reconsider his comment when Soyokaze outlined his plan for defense.

"Although even the Viper might turn pale at the thought of subjecting men to such humiliation."
Camus

Tavern rumble

Post by Camus »

The kenku is unable to dodge the deadly claws this time, and they burry deep in its torso. The creature gurgles up blood, grabbing its executioner's hand, "Never..." is its last word before falling limp, slipping from the now bloodied hand of Kuroi.

The son of the Tiger is still struggling to get off his ass, constantly standing to then fall again. No normal alcohol would do that to anyone, less so fast. It seems he has been trying to stand up for the duration of the fight, although Kuroi didn't notice.

OOC: With only a 10 the tengu is out. You have foiled the enemy's attempt to lower your defences.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

The trio

Post by Camus »

Yahata and Soyokaze have studied the possible flow of the armies and erected a dire trap for those soldiers fool enough to take the obvious path to the castle. Yahata is sure even the gods would turn pale at such sights, but he also thinks it might be highly entertaining, for some odd reason.

Dai Jin imparts her teachings to the soldiers, who bolstered by the unbreakable spirit of the maiden, copy her moves and swordsmanship as best as they can. It is clear some will struggle, but their spirits are high, and they will surely serve the clan with redoubled fervour. He task completed, she finds that Yahata and Soyokaze are waiting outside the barracks, having spotted her earlier.

Still there was no news from Akihito, Kuroi nor from Hama.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri

Kuro flicks his claws to the side to clean the blood of the enemy from them. It was only then that he paid the son of the Tiger any heed.

Grabbing the man by the collar he hauled him to his feet and started half walking, half dragging him out of the room. The other assailant had already fled, clearing the noble's head was the only thing left now.

"Come on you, lets get you the help you need." Without waiting for a reply, Kuro searched for Soyokaze at the palace, calling to the guards on the way. "Send for the old healer, the noble lord needs something to clear the poison of the enemy from his head."