Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

To the temple

Post by Camus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:10 am
Camus wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm
Soyokaze is able to see someone moving inside the temple. However to get there (and possibly take the survivors out) he and the others would need to find a way to clear the flames of the entrance.
The Archer needn't bother to come up with something fancy. The fires at the temple's entrance stemmed the old man's movements.

He pondered the dilemma. His hiketsu of alchemy could affect a fist-sized stone in weight for every animal of the zodiac - 12, the Mystic number. It could change 12-stone of water to a much more compact 12-stone of iron. It took up much less physical space that way; it 'collapsed' in on itself. But his Wuxing wasn't limited to just the Elements. The domain of the Wind God had long since been opened to him. He knew that without Fujin's touch, fire would not burn. He wondered if this would work. Reaching into a pocket he withdrew a light, grey powder that was not altogether in (or even of) this Realm. He flung it into the air above the flames and concentrated on changing 12-stone-weight of air into 12 stone-weight of sand.
AE: Wuxing; Transform (Anything to Anything) 4, Continuous, innate, Precise, Activation - Move {12 lbs.}
He's turning 12-pounds of air (which should cover a large volume, into sand. The absence of air should douse the flames and the sand that drops over the area should further tamp any smouldering. That's Soyokaze's thought any way.
The old alchemist's art proves highly effective! There is a sudden void of air in the centre of the flaming garden of the temple, drawing air from the surroundings into the vacated space. Sand suddenly appears in the centre of the garden, falling over the smouldering wood and rubble. Smoke raises from the remains, but the flames have died. The path is clear.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Outside the temple

Post by Camus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Dai Jin and Kuro exchange words, but they seem not to be going to exchange steel with Imagawa forces for now. Their banners advance at a steady peace it would seem.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Soyokaze
HP: 1
CND: Hopeful

Hoping the increased smoke is hidden in the surrounding fires Soyokaze waves anyone of his companions around to follow him and he todders forward. He made a show of wrapping a cloth around his face to guard against breathing smoke but his Wind Fu was strong enough that such wasn't really a concern for him, it was a good reminder to others though.
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:02 pm
Soyokaze
HP: 1
CND: Hopeful

Hoping the increased smoke is hidden in the surrounding fires Soyokaze waves anyone of his companions around to follow him and he todders forward. He made a show of wrapping a cloth around his face to guard against breathing smoke but his Wind Fu was strong enough that such wasn't really a concern for him, it was a good reminder to others though.
Akihito
HP - 1(didn't need to spend it after all,so nevermind) CND-Normal

He was always amazed ever time he saw Soyokaze work his alchemy.Like a child that,even though they knew how the trick worked,loved watching a grandfather "pull his finger away from his body"....
Snapping his thoughts back to the present,The Yakuza archer took the hint Ojiisan was hinting and,taking his headband of his head,quickly wrapped it around his mouth and followed the old Alchemist deeper into the temple.

Nunya B
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Drowning, Fatigued
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


"You can't do anything about the smoke, then?" Hama complains as she follows Soyokaze and Akihito into the temple, turning her attention backwards long enough to sweep a barrel's worth of water from the air outside the temple into attendance next to her. "Still, if you can keep that up, the temple m - kkk" Hama coughs as the smoke slams back into space Soyokaze cleared. She swats angrily at the dry air to little avail. With a furious scowl she plunges her head into the blob of water in a flurry of bubbles, emerging from a much smaller blob with a relieved look on her face.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Nunya B wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm
Hama
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


"You can't do anything about the smoke, then?"
Without looking Soyokaze takes a spare rag and reaches out to offer it to the complaining woman.
With a furious scowl she plunges her head into the blob of water in a flurry of bubbles, emerging from a much smaller blob with a relieved look on her face.
He tucks his rag away again as Hama finds her own solution.

"Yes, keep a bubble of water over your mouth." he says, though whether that's to keep her protected from the fumes and smoke or because they would hear her pratter less it was hard to say.

"And keep casting about for bodies, please." Soyokaze reminds the Elemental. "And we'll need your sharp eyes and strong back Akihito-san." the old man says, continuing forward.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1136
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: At the Ready

McGuffin wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:32 am
"Although the natures of some may sometimes be inscrutable to the rest of us."
Her eyes briefly followed the spirit's gaze toward the temple, and at once knew who he referred. "I've known many samurai with enough sense to know not to rush into a raging inferno. Yet of them all, who had the courage to set aside that sense and charge in even still? His heart is in the right place. I only hope the rest of him follows suit."

The tension from holding her readied stance this long would have started to ache lesser men and woman. Jin knew however that even though the Calvary had yet to be sent forward, it could come at any moment. To be ill prepared for that eventuality would leads to her death as well as the others.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Nunya B
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 am

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Drowning, Fatigued
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


"Yes, keep a bubble of water over your mouth." "And keep casting about for bodies, please."
Hama returns a wry grin and a curt nod, picking up her pace to advance into the temple abreast of Akihito.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: Assuming no retry on the perception check until circumstances change.

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 am

YAHATA
HP: 1

"Did you find anyone yet,ojiisan?We'll Have to leave shortly,regardless...."

"Well, not too shortly, I'm sure," Yahata spoke from a place of expertise. "Imagawa wont' risk sending in his cavalry if his victory is already assured. Which means the only thing Kurio has to kill is time." The former god smirked at the yokai. Jingu poked its head out of Yahata's pocket, only for him to push the bird back in. A mortal running into the burning temple? That was unusual. Then again, their group was about to go in too, but at least they had a good reason for it.

"And we'll need your sharp eyes and strong back Akihito-san."

"And you'll need me when what's left of this temple comes crumbling on top of us," the young warrior offered, following close behind the others. He kept his face uncovered, not considering the smoke a worthy enough opponent to bother with.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Inside the temple

Post by Camus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Soyokaze leads the way into the temple, followed by the yakuza archer, Hama and the once god of war. The bird in the last one's pocket protests at the smoke that fills the space between them as they enter the remains of the building. While the alchemist's trick doused off the flames on the inside, there were still fires burning inside. You spot several corpses, some burnt to death, others blue with suffocation.
Soyokaze: Your sensitive nose can pick up strange components in the smoke that seem odd. Like rotten eggs and nitre. Quite similar to the gun powder the new weapons of the gaijin have brought to Japan.
Hama: You can pick up moving bodies of water just bellow you.
Yahata: As far as you could tell there doesn't seem to have been any sort of combat in here, the dead samurai and ashigaru still have their weapons in their sasha.
Akihito: Among the creaking of wood and the roar of fires, you can hear someone shush just under your feet.

As each of you pick up the different bits of information, a section of the roof collapses some 3 meters from you. While the rubble is far from crushing you, the heavy smoke and black dust from the fires above descends like a waterfall! Hama and Soyokaze are unfazed by this, but Akihito and Yahata begin to suffocate!

Suffocation hazard, you will need a Fort DC 16 or suffer suffocation each round.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Outside the temple

Post by Camus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm

The spirit and the ming warrior stand still, as the wind lashes against their clothes and armour. Dai Jin's red ribbons flap against the family heirloom and Kuro's robe wrap around him. The coldest time of the day is the sunrise and he sunset, and the chill begins to sweep into your bodies. You silently wish for a cavalry attack, if at least to keep warm.
The others seem to have gone into the temple, but as you turn away from the holy place to scan the horizon, a crack and crash sound snaps your attention to the temple again. A section has collapsed! Smoke and debris comes flooding out through the entrance and windows. Would your friends be alright?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Inside the temple

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Camus wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm
Soyokaze leads the way into the temple, followed by the yakuza archer, Hama and the once god of war. The bird in the last one's pocket protests at the smoke that fills the space between them as they enter the remains of the building. While the alchemist's trick doused off the flames on the inside, there were still fires burning inside. You spot several corpses, some burnt to death, others blue with suffocation.
Soyokaze: Your sensitive nose can pick up strange components in the smoke that seem odd. Like rotten eggs and nitre. Quite similar to the gun powder the new weapons of the gaijin have brought to Japan.
Hama: You can pick up moving bodies of water just bellow you.
Yahata: As far as you could tell there doesn't seem to have been any sort of combat in here, the dead samurai and ashigaru still have their weapons in their sasha.
Akihito: Among the creaking of wood and the roar of fires, you can hear someone shush just under your feet.

As each of you pick up the different bits of information, a section of the roof collapses some 3 meters from you. While the rubble is far from crushing you, the heavy smoke and black dust from the fires above descends like a waterfall! Hama and Soyokaze are unfazed by this, but Akihito and Yahata begin to suffocate!

Suffocation hazard, you will need a Fort DC 16 or suffer suffocation each round.
Akihito
Hero Point- 1 Condition-Normal
first the fort save...
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=207149: 13+8=21 i have a really goof bandana...:D
Waving his hand in front of him to get as much of the smoke an dust away as possible,Akihito tiltes his head suddenly to the side,almost like a wolf hearing something in the distance.Looking down,he taps both Soyokaze and Yahata on their shoulder then points down to the floor,indicating that someone's down there...

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Inside the temple

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Soyokaze
MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 pm
...he taps both Soyokaze and Yahata on their shoulder then points down to the floor,indicating that someone's down there...
As the old healer waves away the soot he feels the tap and notes the direction of the point.

"I am Soyokaze." He says loud enough to carry to below but hopefully not loud enough to reach outside. "I am physician to the Lord of this temple and have treated many in here numerous times. We have a safe way out." He glances to Hama, hoping that, indeed, they had a safe way out. "If any can hear me let me know and we will rescue you."
Feel free to roll Persuasion if you think it's warranted, +10
"Something pithy this way comes."

Nunya B
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Drowning, Fatigued
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


Hama nods back to Soyokaze, using her fingers to signal the number of bodies of water under the floor before pointing to them each in turn as she focuses further on the whispers of the water under the floor.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: The moving water is clearly (at least I assume, Hama would be able to tell the difference) people's blood, but Hama wants more information: How many people are there, is anyone bleeding, is anyone covered in blood, is anyone carrying anything covered in blood, is anyone missing a limb, is anyone's blood not flowing in their body, etc. Perception: 17 if needed.

McGuffin
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1
Cnd:


"Soyokaze!" The damnable fool, I should've known his charity would get them into trouble!

Kuro disappeared like a puff of mist dispersed by wind. The black gaseous form roiled to the temple, searching for any opening to seep through into the collapsed structure.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

Post Reply