Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 pm Dai Jin
HP: 1

Hearing the archer mention his little sister, and how the two of them had once lived normal lives before some unspoken tragedy forced them to rely on one another for survival from then on. It made her think of her own brother, the one person who made her feel like life was something worth living. "I... Had an older brother myself. He taught me the basics of how to use a sword, and we mock-fought in spite of how improper it was for a girl such as myself. He was a soldier. Would often leave for months before coming home and showering us with a new souvenir he picked up in his travels. After a long campaign North against the Huns- a band of ruthless barbarians..."

Brow pinched, her eyes become harder as she looked back at that day once more. "The only thing that came home was this armor. I continued to learn how to fight in his honor after leaving home and finding my way here. An Onna-bugeisha who served within lord Nobunaga's court taught me the meaning of Bushido and how to handle a real sword rather then an old stick. I owe him my loyalty for giving me that chance to fulfill my dream."

Looking down at the bronze blade at her hip, she noticed her knuckles had gone white while she struggled to maintain her discipline. A soundless breath helped release some of the tension she still felt. They didn't need to hear her entire story. Why she even felt the need to speak at all instead of focus on the task at hand was something she couldn't say. A slip of judgment at an ill opportune moment.

Jin hunched her shoulders and moved her gaze forward again, while her lips remained in a tight expression of carefully manufactured calm.
AKIHITO
Getting off Bofu,the Yakuza Archer allowed one of the more tired Monks to ride for a while(the monks were some of the few people besides himself the cantankerous Warhorse would let ride him),akihito walked beside Dai Jin for a spell before he spoke to her,a little quieter so the other's might not hear
"I think he'd be proud,your brother,for all that you've done and acomplished.I know i'm proud of Akemi for making the most out of our situation...."
Giving a short laugh,he continues speaking
"Look at us,crying and mopping about a past we cannot change,when we have within our hands the power to prevent other's from suffering a similar fate...."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
HP: 0
But you are a mystery, seeming neither shackled by obligation nor slave to honor. What brought you to his service, and what do you intend to do now that he has left us?"
The question was fair, and honestly, Yahata wished he had an answer himself. Pleasing Amaterasu, the special someone he had spoken of, was his ultimate goal; only she could return what was taken from the warrior. What he had to do to make that happen was so unclear, however, since the Goddess of the Sun saw fit to rob him of centuries of experience when she cast him out. All he really remembered was her look of contempt! What had Hachiman said? What had he done? If she wanted to teach him a lesson, why steal his memories? Why curse him to walk in this younger form? If it were not for his own actions, Hachiman would be nothing but a true mortal, mere flesh and blood. How could he ever make her happy like that?

Despite a swell of frustration, Yahata quickly pushed it down, keeping the grin on his face. "When I came to Lord Nobunaga to offer my services, he saw past my appearance when few others did. He recognized what I had to offer and that I was worthy of respect. I will be always grateful to him for that. If he is now gone..." Yahata rubbed his chin, pondering. "I suppose the first thing I'll focus on now is making sure you all stay alive. I mean, if I left now, you probably wouldn't make it through the night!"

It was unfortunate to hear of Akihito's and Jin's losses. Jin's brother was a warrior, however, and Yahata knew, perhaps better than anyone, that there would always be victors and losers in battle. He may have been a good man, but he was ultimately just another victim of War.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

The woman could only afford to give Akihito a slow nod as a show of thanks, an act that helped release the rest of the tension she still felt. It was true, there wasn't a need for them to reminisce when they had a task at hand. Yahata implying that she or any other soldier here wouldn't be capable of surviving without his presence was nearly enough to make her break character again with a scoff. It was her force of will and weeks of interacting with the man that helped her ignore the slight entirely.
Once again, continuing with her Tactical Awareness (Danger sense, visual).
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Path to Owari

Post by Camus »

As the virtues talk between each other, sharing memories, both sad and joyful, Kuro kept to the shade of the trees lining the edge of the forest.
As the evening shadows grew larger, and everything got an orange tint to it, the spirit of darkness could feel his senses heighten. As he scans the forest for possible threats, he cought in the corner of his vision someone moving further into the woods. He couldn't see much, but he saw a bright yellow and green yukata. The colour of Nobunaga's robes.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze offers no personal stories. "Simple speak - I am meant to be here, this moment, this place, as are we all."

He continues plodding along the road.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Conversational
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"When I came to Lord Nobunaga to offer my services, he saw past my appearance when few others did. He recognized what I had to offer and that I was worthy of respect. I will be always grateful to him for that." "I myself, do owe him a similar debt. He recognized power where others only saw a girl, and extended the respect I was due where his retainers did not. So", Hama paused.
Her father was a sore spot for her and a warrior as fine as Yahata would surely have heard tales of him. To mention him by name would invite comparison, would shadow her glories with his. But Yahata seemed to understand discretion, so...
She continued, her voice a notch lower and harsher. "My father was content to live in the shadow of his past and keep me trapped there as well. I stand free and Lord Nobunaga has offered me a path forward. If he or anyone else think they can close that path, I must crush them underfoot."

"If he is now gone... I suppose the first thing I'll focus on now is making sure you all stay alive. I mean, if I left now, you probably wouldn't make it through the night!" "Oh? Those are large words for the smallest of our group.", Hama teased, her voice light once more. "Why, I imagine that you and I seem less threatening than anyone else here. Do you intend to protect us by being the first set upon by wolves? Shall we ask our unsociable old man if his pockets hold sauces and spices he may aid you with?"
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

Kuro gave a sharp call of "Follow me!" to the other Virtues and without further explanation flew in mistform further into the forest after the figure he'd seen.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

McGuffin wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:33 am Kuroi Kiri

Kuro gave a sharp call of "Follow me!" to the other Virtues and without further explanation flew in mistform further into the forest after the figure he'd seen.
AKIHITO
HP- 0 Condition-On Alert

Immediately notching an Arrow into his Bow(mostly out of Reflex),the Archer said to the other Virtues
"Sofu,Yahata and Hama-chan stay here; let's go Dai Jin....Yahta's in charge 'till we get back."
With that,the former Yakuza immediately lights out after the Demon,assuming that the Swordswoman would follow...
OCC: Using my "Eagle's Vision"(Mostly for tracking) and my "Wolf's Ears"to try and keep kuro at least in distance....

And i just now realized the"Split the Party" trap Camus just used....;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

Damn that demon, she thought to herself, if only he could've stayed just long enough to get across what he'd seen. She felt no need to disagree with Akihito's orders and raced alongside him with a her hand upon her sword's hilt.
------------
Camus

The woods

Post by Camus »

Kuroi follows after the man, his mist form finding no hindrance in the overgrowth. However when he reaches the location the man is not there. He can hear the running pair at his back, probably two of his companions. As he returns his face forward he sees the man in green and yellow again, further into the woods; this time he sees him looking back at him, before turning behind a tree trunk.
Dai Jin's heavy armour proves a problem in the woods, as branches and roots find purchase in the crevices and straps, holding her down. She is unable to keep Akihito's speed, and soon lose sight of the nimble Archer as he wades into the forest. The sound of crunching branches catches her attention and looking at the source, she sees a man in green and yellow yukata, just like the one used by Nobunaga, pulling the robe free from a branch and then moving further into the woods.
Aki keeps advancing and soon finds Kouri, but turning back he can't see where Dai Jin is!

From the road, the three virtues watch as the two disappear into the thick vegetation.

Ooc: Kuroi and Dai Jin please roll insight. Dai Jin and and Akihito need perception checks to find each other, although Dai Jin is conditioned by her insight roll.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze watches as folk disappear into the woods. The older man shakes his head sadly. He knew the kinds of tricky spirits lived in the woods. Most were harmless, their roll in the Celestial Bureaucracy was as teachers imparting some lesson the recipient needed to learn - often through pain and misfortune as that was an admittedly effective if not kind instruction tool. He wondered what lesson those others would learn tonight.

If reasonable for someone to have rope, Soyokaze will instruct the rescuees to lash a line connecting to their belts (in a quick release manner) together just in case his companion's lesson tonight was 'don't separate from the others'.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Re: The woods

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:56 pm Kuroi follows after the man, his mist form finding no hindrance in the overgrowth. However when he reaches the location the man is not there. He can hear the running pair at his back, probably two of his companions. As he returns his face forward he sees the man in green and yellow again, further into the woods; this time he sees him looking back at him, before turning behind a tree trunk.
Dai Jin's heavy armour proves a problem in the woods, as branches and roots find purchase in the crevices and straps, holding her down. She is unable to keep Akihito's speed, and soon lose sight of the nimble Archer as he wades into the forest. The sound of crunching branches catches her attention and looking at the source, she sees a man in green and yellow yukata, just like the one used by Nobunaga, pulling the robe free from a branch and then moving further into the woods.
Aki keeps advancing and soon finds Kouri, but turning back he can't see where Dai Jin is!

From the road, the three virtues watch as the two disappear into the thick vegetation.

Ooc: Kuroi and Dai Jin please roll insight. Dai Jin and and Akihito need perception checks to find each other, although Dai Jin is conditioned by her insight roll.
AKIHITO
HP- 0 CONDITION -on alert

Coming quickly upon their demon companion,the Archer say's quietly as he hunkers down(Though at this point it didn't really matter,he thought ruefully,as he'd blundered in here like a newborn first outside...)
"Kuroi,what did you see?..."
Turning back,the Archer tried to catch sight of Dai Jin,again cursing at himself for not thinking this through.Nobunaga's dissapperance had ratled him more than he though....
OOC: OK,let's see if coyotecode's got over it's fit....
10+5+ 3(Wolves Ears:Extended Hearing)=18
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Amused
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"She trusts in the woods as she trusts in Kuroi's restraint, yet when Kuroi darts for the woods she is fast to follow?"
Hama chuckled as she watched the three disappear into the woods, before turning her attention back to Yahata.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri

Kuro turned from side to side, trying to catch sight of his quarry again. "I saw Nobunaga-sama, or someone wearing his colors, run into the woods."
Last edited by McGuffin on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

Jin's eyes narrow at the apparent form of her lord, completely loosing sight of her fellow human companion.
Insight: 30 Well- If there was ever a time for a critical roll I suppose. :P
Perception: 10 Her perception on the other hand... she just might need some glasses.
------------