Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The final confrontation

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze
CND: -2 Toughness, Dazed until next round
HP: 0
Camus wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:15 pm Another burst damage effect, dodge 16. Dai Jin and Soyokaze are affected. If you fail the dodge save you are impaired and take DC 21 damage. If you succeed you take DC 18 damage and are standing.
Wind sweeps most of the flying shrapnel aside but a large piece still makes it through and impacts the old man with a painful sound of a rattan switch on tender flesh.
Dodge plus evasion: 1d20+8+5 30 not impaired, lower dc toughness.
Toughness: 1d20+8-1 12 uhg failed, 2 degrees, another -1 toughness, Dazed until next round
Soyokaze fights through his pain and sweeping motion of one arm casts a dust into the air and shaped by his magics to settle on the Warrioress's two foes (and if it can reach the Kurio's foe).
AE: Befuddle dust; Affliction pr 8, Area-Shapable, Cumulative (Resist by Fort, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Subtle

Dodge DC18 then Fort DC 18 or 14
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------
Dodge: 23
Toughness: 16 Another -1

Attack: 9
Though she does not get hit by the assaulting sammurai, thr underhanded trap again manages to knock into her. Her footing is kept, but the dazing hit clouds her movement when she tries a retaliatory strike.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

"Damned coward, fight me yourself!" Kuro slashed at the hatamoto in front of him in annoyance, before dissipating into mist and flowing around his opponent to move to engage Imagawa directly.
Attack: 1d20+8 18
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Camus

Final battle

Post by Camus »

The wind rushes into the fray, bringing blinding dust with it. The to Hatamaoto closer to Dai Jin find their eyes filled with dirt, and their disciplined minds can't resist the urge to rub and try and clean their eyes. Kuroi's foe has more time to shield his eyes from the small dust devil conjured by the old alchemist.
Dai Jin tries in vain to use the opening given by Soyokaze, but his aim is far from true. Kuroi on the other hand, sinks his claws deep into the Samurai engaging him. The man grunts in pain, but is not going to give up so easily. His head turns around as Kuroi turns into mist and flows towards Imagawa. "My lord! He is going for you!" Imagawa, however, does not seem concerned. As the black mist flows towards him menacingly, Iamgawa simply blows with his Iron fan in the direction of Kuroi. A sudden, powerful wind erupts from the fan, pushing Kuroi's ethereal form away from the enemy leader!

Hatamoto 1 and 2 are stunned by Soyokaze, as they are vulnerable against the attack. H3 saves. Dai Jin misses. Kuroi hits true, Hatamoto 3 takes 1 injury and is dazed. He moves following Kuroi and thats it for the samurai this turn. Imagawa uses his magical Iron fan. Kuroi is hit by an area attack, Dodge DC 16 or be knocked back 6 feet, and hindered and take DC 21 damage. If you suceed the dodge save, you only take damage DC 18 and are not hindered nor pushed back
It is the Pcs turn again.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Re: The final confrontation

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze
CND: -2 Toughness,

Soyokaze wastes no time in casts forth a second handful of special dust. The third of the guards is likely out of range in his pursuit, but seeing the state of the other two, the old man is confident the new application of dust will leave them gasping on the ground.
AE: Befuddle dust; Affliction pr 8, Area-Shapable, Cumulative (Resist by Fort, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Subtle

Dodge DC18 then Fort DC 18 or 14

Since it's Cumulative and they were stunned, if they fail again by even one degree they will be Incapacitated.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------

Shaking her head, she finds her mind clear again, no longer rattled by the man's dishonorable attacks. With a spit to the side to purge the blood from her mouth, she faces the two before her once more.
12 Ah... I see we're going for a war of attrition here huh. Blasted dice...
------------
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Cnd: -1 Toughness, Dazed, Hindered

A howl of frustration can be heard as Kuro's wispy form is blown away by the Iron fan. The yokai skids to a halt, before flowing forward to engage the enemy leader anew.
Dodge: 1d20+8 13, Toughness: 1d20+8 11, spend my one action to move back into Close range with Imagawa.
Camus

Final battle

Post by Camus »

Soyokaze conjures another cloud of dust to pelt the enemy samurai with dirt and sand. On of them is unable to escape the effects of the spell, dropping his weapon and contorting in the ground, rubbing his face continuously. The otherone, however, is able to cover his face in time to avoid the onslaught.
The two warriors, however, do not fare as well as the old alchemist. Dai Jin is unable to land a blow even on the affected samurai, while Kuroi is buffeted away by Imagawas iron fan.
More satisfied with the flow of battle than before, Imagawa snorts. "This is what a battle should look like! Press on men, glory awaits!"
The hatamoto seem encouraged, even by this simple words. They seem to grow more menacing, bigger even. Their swords glow with a faint white aura...
Inured, he is unable to make a great progress towards the enemy Daimyo, when the third hatamoto catches up with him, delivering a crippling blow! His sword glows as it goes through the misty demon, damaging instead of passing harmlessly as would have been with a normal weapon. The hatamoto facing Dai Jin simply pushes her aside and charges Soyokaze. His swordsmanship is prodigious, delivering a well aimed cut at the old mans midsection.

Hatamoto 2 is out! Imagawa uses Inspire. Hatamoto 1 attacks Soyokaze, rolls a 22 on the attack. It is a toughness DC 23 if it hits. Hatamoto 3 attacks Kuroi with a 24 toughness DC 23 if it hits.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze
CND: -2 Toughness,

Even injured by the rival Daimyo's foul treachery, Soyokaze's partly spirit-endowed flesh resists the blow. It is a measure of the sobriety of the situation that the old man offers no quip.
Toughness: 1d20+8-2 24
"Do not despair warrioress... fight on!" The alchemist calls for/to the immortal bladeweilder.

For his robes a white feather, dripping with a slimy neurotoxic film launches itself at the soldier in front of him.
attack: 1d20+6 24
AE: Paralytic Darts: Affliction pr 10, Ranged, Accurate 3, Homing 2, Extra Condition, Limited Scope (Resist by Will, Vulnerable and Impaired, Defenseless, and Disabled)
Will DC 20. Fail means -2 all checks (I think including toughness) and half defenses, fail by 5 or more, -5 all checks, no defenses
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------

The woman spits onto the ground, and looks to Imagawa now that the two samurai have left. "Fine then. If they want to give me a straight shot at you, then who am I to turn them down?!"

She tries to make a desperate charge at the man, all her force behind her blade, but her swing is far too wide. It slashes a deep gash instead into the ground just behind him as he sidesteps.
Power Attack: [urk=http://orokos.com/roll/729945]8[/url] The hell is with my rolls for this character!?
------------
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Cnd: -2 Toughness, Hindered

Kuro shrieked more in surprise than pain as the glowing sword of the Hatamoto bit into his elusive flesh. He lashed out furiously at the mortal that thought to strike at him.
Toughness: 1d20+8-1 20, fail by 3. Full Power Attack: 1d20+8-5 11
Last edited by McGuffin on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze frowned to see Dai Jin leave the enemy warrior engaged with the pacifistic healer.
Camus

Final battle

Post by Camus »

The Hatamoto assaulting Soyokaze finds himself covered in feathers, sticking out of the joints of his armour in the precise location of his chakras. He looks down befuddled, then rises his gaze to look at the old man. His grip of the sword falters, and despite he tries to push off the effect he cant do anything in this state. The other samurai, however, is pretty much lively, as he dances around, avoiding the deadly claws of the darkness fiend like a hero of legends, and delivering cut after cut with his glowing sword.
The leader of Imagawa clan is not concerned by Dai Jin, as he also dodges her attacks with ease. "My, that is precisely why women should brandish brooms instead of swords! Pitiful display, I would take you as my consort, however, your beauty is unmatched. Unlike your swordsmanship." he taunts, taking a step back and pressing a lever underneath his foot. A wooden spike surges up from a secret location on the floor, exactly where he was standing before, and threatens to impale Dai Jin!

Hatamoto 1 fails its will save and is at -5 and no defenses. He attacks Soyokaze regardless, but with a -5 his roll turns into a 15 on the attack. It is a toughness DC 23 if it hits, which is unlikely. Hatamoto 3 attacks Kuroi with a 21, toughness DC 23 if it hits. Imagawa uses his Traps, this time it is a perception attack, so no avoiding taking the hit. Dai Jin is entitled to a Dodge DC 16 save to half the dc 21 damage (to 18). If she fails the dodge save, she is immobilized.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------

She curses as she leaps back just a half second too late, catching most of the attack on her armor rather then fighting herself completely impaled through. "I never would've known that the great Imagawa clan was led by such a coward of a man!" The woman calls as she tries, and fails, to land a solid hit upon the lord.
Regen goes off.

Dodge: 16 Passed by the skin of her teeth.
Toughness: 12 (2 degrees)

Attack: 12 This is getting a little bit frustrating by this point...[/qupte]
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
o===)---------------

She curses as she leaps back just a half second too late, catching most of the attack on her armor rather then fighting herself completely impaled through. "I never would've known that the great Imagawa clan was led by such a coward of a man!" The woman calls as she tries, and fails, to land a solid hit upon the lord.
Regen goes off.

Dodge: 16 Passed by the skin of her teeth.
Toughness: 12 (2 degrees)

Attack: 12 This is getting a little bit frustrating by this point...
------------