Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Tavern rumble

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:57 pm

The tengu produces a cacophony of bird songs as she laughs at you. "Waste our lives? As if a pitiful spirit of darkness like you could do much harm to the higher kin! Perish like these fools!" despite her threatening words her knife strike is aimed poorly and swoosh by you.


Tengu 1 attack: 14
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Boy scouts

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm

The sharp vision of the yakuza proves useful at spotting a sentry not too far away from the place they are scouting from. He also makes up the rough composition of the army, as well as the number of siege engines. He is sure Yahata and the Tiger of Owari would love to her those details. As they are getting ready to leave he spots something. A pair of men on horseback riding towards the east, away from the camp. Akihito focuses his sight on the men and he can make out the expensive outfit of an envoy and the shining plates of armour of a bodyguard, likely an Imagawa hatamoto samurai.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Strategic thinking

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:38 am
Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Normal
o===)---------------

Standing around in this room for so long was startling to chafe, she wanted to get out of here and do something not discuss it on end for a lifetime. Wishing to move things along, she decided it was best to be direct, looking between both the men as she spoke. "What would you propose we do?"
"Well" commences the Tiger. "I think Saito can cut Takeda off from Imagawa's army, if it turns out Takeda is on his way. If he is not, then Saito can approach Imagawa from behind, and either cut his escape of help us in case our defences start to fall apart." the chief strategist suggests.
Such strategic plans are being laid out, and analyzed, outcomes thought out, possible complications planned in advance. It is all so terribly interesting that Dai Jin's fatigue starts to grab hold on her. Her eyes slowly and irrevocably start to close, and she finds there are gaps on her attention, several times he head almost bumps against the table.
Suddenly she is woken by a sour taste in her mouth, and the clarity of the first hours of the night-break. Her eyes open to see the proximity of scrolls and things to her face. She fell asleep! Quickly rising she can see Nobuhide looking at her, dedicating a warm smile in his tired face towards you. "Seems that even the Everlasting Warrior needs some rest, does it not?" he says. "The soldiers are surely awake now, Yahata here tells me your discipline and martial training are exceptional, perhaps you could help my men with that. While most of them are capable enough to tell the blade from the hilt of a katana, I am afraid that some are not as bright."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Boy scouts

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Camus wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm
The sharp vision of the yakuza proves useful at spotting a sentry not too far away from the place they are scouting from. He also makes up the rough composition of the army, as well as the number of siege engines. He is sure Yahata and the Tiger of Owari would love to her those details. As they are getting ready to leave he spots something. A pair of men on horseback riding towards the east, away from the camp. Akihito focuses his sight on the men and he can make out the expensive outfit of an envoy and the shining plates of armour of a bodyguard, likely an Imagawa hatamoto samurai.
AKIHITO
HP-1/0 Condition-Normal/Fatigued after actions

Getting an intresting idea,the Yakuza turns to the other Scouts as he say's quietly as he writes down Exactly what he saw
"3 of you come eith me,the rest get back to Owari and give this directly to the Tiger or Yahata.Tell them i'll return shortly bearing 'Gifts'...."

Taking the 3 other Scouts,Akihito raced to get ahead of that Envoy and his guard.Ounce he does,he'll set-up Sniper Position's as he tells the other 3
"there's an Imagawa Envoy headed this way.We need these two men Alive,so we're going to Ambush them and knock them out with these..."
He hand's out 3 of his Suimin(Sleep) arrows as he continues speaking quickly as he get's into position
"If any of you don't want to do this you don't have to as no honor will be lost,but you MUST stay hidden untill it's over...."

Sitting atop his tree spot,Akihito rumenates as he prepares to fire on the unsuspecting Imagawa soldiers
"Sofu would be SO upset with me right now for doing this,but what other choice was there?If i don't cut this Envoy off,Imagawa get's reinforcements and Owari'll fall faster.If i cut him off,i look like a 'typical Yakuza Thug without any Honor whatsoever.I'm literally stuck in an Oni's Choice here...."
Alright,here's my plan: Using Extra Effort,i burn an HP to to quick use Artificer and 'claim to have' 3 Sleep Arrows to give to my Red Shirts.Next is to set-up the Ranged Ambush on this Envoy...
Stealth check:9+5=14 Not bad considering i probably didn't have a lot of time...
Ranged Ambush attack:10+8 =18 Perfect! If it connects,that Hatamoto needs to make a DC 20 Fort save(i figure the Red Shirts can easily take the Envoy...)

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:34 am

YAHATA
HP: 0

Despite the efforts across the last several hours, ranging from the destruction of Zenshō-ji to the strategic meeting, Yahata was still of high energy. He would need sleep eventually, like any mortal would, but for now he could continue working as long as he was needed. There were so many matters that warranted discussion. Fortifications, ranging from reinforcing the walls to ditches that should be made. Resources, namely food and water, and evacuating civilians so there was more to go around for the combatants. Hopefully Akihito's mission was swift and successful so that defensive countermeasures could be planned effectively.

"Yahata here tells me your discipline and martial training are exceptional."

"I said she was alright," Yahata smirked, obviously downplaying his true compliments. Dai Jin was a woman of focus and commitment, and the demigod respected her will. "If it's alright with you, Lord Oda, I would like to tour the city," he continued, rising to his feet. "I think personally taking in the lay of the land will serve me in ways charts can not. And Jingu needs to stretch her wings."

Yahata was of course as much a warrior as he was a strategist; he wanted to be able to visualize himself on the field of battle to get better insight on how the war would be conducted.
Didn't think Immunity: Sleep, even at half-effect, would be useful so soon. Yahata will agree with Lord Oda's plan to have Saito intercept Imagawa's potential reinforcements.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 am

[Speaking of Immunity-Sleep(half effect)...]
Soyokaze bow's deeply to the elder monk, and starts drafting a formula for the analgesic incense balls he was interested in
Healing, Temporary, Limited to Others, Sense-Dependent-Smell, Area-Burst, Triggered-when lit, pr 8 (So DC16) [normally 6 hours Design, 24 hours construction, but quickness 2 brings it to 1.5 hours design and 6 hours construction.]
alchemist design: 1D20+11 = [16]+11 = 27

If he can find someone to assist and give +2 Aid, that would be cool too.
alchemist construction: 1D20+11 = [4]+11 = 15
1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20
1D20+11 = [11]+11 = 22
1D20+11 = [16]+11 = 27

3 (or 4 if aided) completed successfully. That is a day's worth of effort.
"Something pithy this way comes."

McGuffin
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:32 am

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


"We'll see who is pitiful when I feast on your flesh!" Kuro rushed at the tengu with taloned hands spread wide. However, in the last moment he dissipated into mist, flowing around his foe before reforming behind her, ready to strike.
Acrobatics: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25 to use Agile Feint, opposed by Acrobatics or Insight.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 am

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Normal
o===)---------------

She merely bowed her head to the man and accepted his offer, before leaving to find these men and see just what they were capable of.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Boy scouts

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:42 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Alright,here's my plan: Using Extra Effort,i burn an HP to to quick use Artificer and 'claim to have' 3 Sleep Arrows to give to my Red Shirts.Next is to set-up the Ranged Ambush on this Envoy...
Stealth check:9+5=14 Not bad considering i probably didn't have a lot of time...
Ranged Ambush attack:10+8 =18 Perfect! If it connects,that Hatamoto needs to make a DC 20 Fort save(i figure the Red Shirts can easily take the Envoy...)

I will not allow that as you describe it. Getting an advantage is one thing, claiming you already did the design and crafting of 3 devices is another. I will allow the use of a HP to edit scene and make you and the scout, the single one that has followed you (the others went other places, as per the IC description), get ahead of the envoy and the guard. Then I will resolve your stealth check and attack roll as a combat situation. Please roll initiative in the OOC. I'll edit this post with the surprise round (if any) and the first round of combat.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Boy scouts

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Camus wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:42 pm
MacynSnow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Alright,here's my plan: Using Extra Effort,i burn an HP to to quick use Artificer and 'claim to have' 3 Sleep Arrows to give to my Red Shirts.Next is to set-up the Ranged Ambush on this Envoy...
Stealth check:9+5=14 Not bad considering i probably didn't have a lot of time...
Ranged Ambush attack:10+8 =18 Perfect! If it connects,that Hatamoto needs to make a DC 20 Fort save(i figure the Red Shirts can easily take the Envoy...)

I will not allow that as you describe it. Getting an advantage is one thing, claiming you already did the design and crafting of 3 devices is another. I will allow the use of a HP to edit scene and make you and the scout, the single one that has followed you (the others went other places, as per the IC description), get ahead of the envoy and the guard. Then I will resolve your stealth check and attack roll as a combat situation. Please roll initiative in the OOC. I'll edit this post with the surprise round (if any) and the first round of combat.
rolled and posted for you Camus!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Tavern rumble

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 pm

McGuffin wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:32 am
Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


"We'll see who is pitiful when I feast on your flesh!" Kuro rushed at the tengu with taloned hands spread wide. However, in the last moment he dissipated into mist, flowing around his foe before reforming behind her, ready to strike.
Acrobatics: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25 to use Agile Feint, opposed by Acrobatics or Insight.
The tengo falls for your trick and trips over while trying to attack your mist form. He's vulnerable now!

OOC: Your turn
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The more than incapable warriors

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 am
Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Normal
o===)---------------

She merely bowed her head to the man and accepted his offer, before leaving to find these men and see just what they were capable of.
Dai Jin makes her way to the barracks, where there were already some activity. The men were gathering their stuff lazily. They sported worried faces and depression of the likes Dai had seldom seen before. She needed to bring those spirits up, and also tell them their grip and stance was terrible!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Boy scouts

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:26 pm
Camus wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:42 pm
MacynSnow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Alright,here's my plan: Using Extra Effort,i burn an HP to to quick use Artificer and 'claim to have' 3 Sleep Arrows to give to my Red Shirts.Next is to set-up the Ranged Ambush on this Envoy...
Stealth check:9+5=14 Not bad considering i probably didn't have a lot of time...
Ranged Ambush attack:10+8 =18 Perfect! If it connects,that Hatamoto needs to make a DC 20 Fort save(i figure the Red Shirts can easily take the Envoy...)

I will not allow that as you describe it. Getting an advantage is one thing, claiming you already did the design and crafting of 3 devices is another. I will allow the use of a HP to edit scene and make you and the scout, the single one that has followed you (the others went other places, as per the IC description), get ahead of the envoy and the guard. Then I will resolve your stealth check and attack roll as a combat situation. Please roll initiative in the OOC. I'll edit this post with the surprise round (if any) and the first round of combat.
rolled and posted for you Camus!
Akihito manages to not only outrun the envoy and his escort but also set up on high terrain at the ready and apparently undetected. The acher takes the string of his bow to his lips and releases.
The arrow flies through the air an solidly connects with the Hatamoto. However to his surprise, the man is shaken but not affected by his special arrow. The scout also shots but his aim is poor and he seems visibly stressed out.
With a scream the hatamoto halts his horse and spots you among the bushes. The envoy is surprised as well, but quickly ushers his horse to a stop and unsaddles. "Oda scum I'll split your head in two!" threatens the samurai as he charges forward.

OOC: You attack and hit a vulnerable enemy, but he resists. The scout misses the envoy. The samurai charges, he will reach you in his next round. The envoy unsaddles.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Soyokaze

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:52 pm

The work of the gentle elder takes mot of the day, even with the monks at his disposal. 4 of his incense balls are made and tested. Living up to their expectations the devices are stored for later use. The spirit of the wind has some time still to invest in something else, be it aiding his comrades or in another venture alone.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Yahata

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 pm

Lord Oda nods and shows you the door. "Go with my blessing, I'll prepare a most convincing letter for our ally." he says parting you farewell.
The old strategist then sits at his table and writes a very convincing letter.
The city is waking up just now, and from the palace Yahata can see Dai Jin reaching the barracks and Soyokaze at the door of the temple. The whereabouts of Kuroi were unknown.
From this vantage point Yahata can think of many ways to improve the defenses, too many actually! Which could provide the best effect in the shortest time?

OOC: You can roll an expertise to find out!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply