3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Sun May 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Redstreak
He addresses his teammates. "We'll head out and run the plan as intended, but only after we secure a ground base below. We aren't sure yet if those are hostile forces or not, so We'll recon that once we're down there.
Redstreak’s mind ventured back to the picture of Apokolips and began to ponder what issues would await them once they landed. Usually, she had music to quell her thoughts, now her mind began to race wondering if she would be at her best when or if trouble arose.

Her head rose when Maverick spoke. Redstreak mustered up her best smile and gave him a quick thumbs up. “I hate being Miss Pessimistic, but I don’t see too many of those people giving us a warm welcome and leis. If you need me to give them a once over, just say the word."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 am

Everyone gets a Power Point and a Hero Point for the delays,

"That's probably not a great idea." Solarhawk responds to Redstreak, "Hunger Dogs - the people of Apokolips - aren't known for their sunny disposition. And that was with Darkseid in control and at least making things work. With no one and nothing to impose order, they have likely reverted to some form of gang control.

"Stepping in the wrong territory or addressing the wrong person could have dire consequences. And although most of us, if not all, could probably handle a large quantity of assailants, we also don't know what kind of weaponry is available to them. Or, for that matter, if there are any of Darkseid's elite that still live here.

"We need to go in pairs at the very least. I wouldn't want to go out there without backup and I can burn a hole in the side of a planet. Not even Super-Intrepid over here should be alone."


Taine comes in from the cockpit, or at least one part of him does.

"I agree with Solarhawk. I've scanned the area, I don't find technology signatures, but that doesn't mean its not there. I also don't find any evidence of parademons, but that could be because they are inactive.

If Maverick and/ or Intrepid scan the area with their own formidable senses, they might gain some insight to what's out there. The ship isn't picking up anything, but the technology operates under certain parameters. Your minds can interpret what you see differently, we can only interpret what the computer reports. If that makes any sense."

Intrepid and Maverick can post appropriate rolls and intentions, Maverick gets a +5 bonus to his rolls.
I'll also take Initiative from everyone at the same time please. And if anyone steps off the ship despite the warnings, let me know. :lol:
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Fri May 25, 2018 6:20 am

Hawkangel

Horus peered through the runabout's porthole, attempting to see if hawk-vision would be able to discern details that sensors and monitors could not...

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Sat May 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Redstreak

"That's probably not a great idea." Solarhawk responds to Redstreak, "Hunger Dogs - the people of Apokolips - aren't known for their sunny disposition. And that was with Darkseid in control and at least making things work. With no one and nothing to impose order, they have likely reverted to some form of gang control.

"Stepping in the wrong territory or addressing the wrong person could have dire consequences. And although most of us, if not all, could probably handle a large quantity of assailants, we also don't know what kind of weaponry is available to them. Or, for that matter, if there are any of Darkseid's elite that still live here.

"We need to go in pairs at the very least. I wouldn't want to go out there without backup and I can burn a hole in the side of a planet. Not even Super-Intrepid over here should be alone."
“Noted, staying far, far away from Hunger Dogs.” Redstreak said with a hint of humor in her voice. “Welcome to Apokolips, where every side of the tracks is the wrong side.”

She glanced around at the others in her vicinity when the idea of pairing off was mentioned. “How are partners going to be chosen? I guess we can go with pairing off the people that already know each other and have some form of chemistry.”

Redstreak Initiative Roll : 1D20+16 = [5]+16 = 21

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed May 30, 2018 1:55 am

Maverick
Status: Normal
Feeling: Analytical
HP: 2


Maverick senses for lifeforms in the area, preferring not to be surprised before heading out of the shuttle and using an x-ray vision to circumvent any hiding places.

"I generally move easiest on my own, but I think we'll have the Hawks team up and Red and Intrepid with me staying nearby but unseen as possible."
Going to switch his senses to Detect Lifeforms, Ranged, Acute, Extended 2(-1 per 1000ft)
Perception (Detect lifeforms): 1D20+15+5 = [3]+15+5 = 23


Then switch them once he leaves the shuttle to Penetrates Concealment on vision with Extended (-1 per 100ft)
Perception (X-ray): 1D20+15+5 = [18]+15+5 = 38


And initiative: Initiative: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14


Just to clarify, he is using both from inside the shuttle. He doesn't want to be surprised.

User avatar
Jewel
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 am

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Jewel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 am

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP:

Nodding almost unnoticeably, Intrepid floats towards Maverick.

"Copy that," She whispers, all business. "Your senses are better than even mine, but I'll sweep the area too.

"Red, I've his right. You take his left, we need to avoid colliding with each other."

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:15 am

Hawkangel

Horus nodded, still feeling that subtle magnetic pull towards the other hawk.

"Shall we reconnoiter now?"

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:33 am

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
"Red, I've his right. You take his left, we need to avoid colliding with each other."
Redstreak looked around at the others, making sure that everyone had a partner. "Ok," she responded, walking toward Maverick. "We should spread out a bit. If we go running around together like the Three Amigos we're going to get caught. I really don't want to face off with a gaggle of Hunter Dogs. That being said, I'm going to do my best to watch both of you like a freaking hawk."

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Hawkangel

Horus cocked an eyebrow at Redstreak's comment. "Excuse me?"

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
Horus cocked an eyebrow at Redstreak's comment. "Excuse me?"
Redstreak playfully pointed at Intrepid, using her index and middle finger in the shape of a V. Her smirk faded when she turned her head in Horus' direction to see the reaction on his face. Redstreak's showed confusion, until it dawned on her what she'd just said. A hint of concern filled her eyes and was shown in her body language. "Ohhh no, that wasn't a shot fired in your direction." She quickly responded.
"I was just saying that I would keep an eye on them.... you know so they won't end up being a Hunger Dogs snack. Maybe I should have gone with watching them like a creepy stalker. For the record, I have no issues with Hawks or Hawk people, or Hawk people doing hawk things. As long as Hawks aren't doing things to hurt people, I'm a you do you kind of girl."

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:08 am

Hawkangel

No longer able to maintain the serious facade of offense, the cracks in Horus's cantankerous expression began to crack, turning into a snickering smile.

"For our resident speedster, you sure are slow on the uptake...should've seen the look on your face just now..."

It seemed the warrior hawk had a sense of humor after all, no doubt honed over many years with the X-Men of yore.

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 am

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
No longer able to maintain the serious facade of offense, the cracks in Horus's cantankerous expression began to crack, turning into a snickering smile.

"For our resident speedster, you sure are slow on the uptake...should've seen the look on your face just now..."
"Oh,Oh," Redstreak's manner changed as she looked around to make sure no one was looking at them. "You son of a gun." She folded her arms as she looked at Hawkangel sternly. "If I live through this whole Darkseid Hell hole grotto, I'm going to get you back." she joked. "You're not even going to see it coming."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 am

Correct me if I got any intentions wrong here:

Intrepid floats out of the protective confines of the cloaked ship, Maverick close by making good use of his teammate's Kryptonian class invulnerability. Redstreak makes a quick dash out to scan the area, staying close to the Mav and Intrepid.

Hawkangel and Solarhawk make a quick exit and use their own abilities to take quick cover in the ruins of the palace wall to reconnoiter. Although they would be more useful in the air, doing so at this time would draw immediate attention from anyone and everyone in the area.

Taine maintains an open comm frequency, but all of versions of him stay on board the ship.

Maverick picks up movement - at first likely just dust scattered by the wind. But then he sees figures in the shadows. Scrawny, nearly feral humanoids with hunger etched into their faces. They hold makeshift weaponry at best. For the moment, they are too frightened to move on you, but that could change if you continue a passive approach and don't appear threatening.

Intrepid spots the fallen statue of Darkseid and immediately feels that something is wrong. The cracks in the stone seem to show some kind of metal beneath it. Both she, and Maverick if he glances that way, see evidence of not just metal reinforcement, but tech of some kind. Maverick can easily tell that that statue, fallen and damaged though it may be, is the right size and volume to represent proof to the theory that caused Intrepid to dawn the symbol of the House of El. Hopefully, that's just a coincidence.

You have a pretty open area to explore at this point. The ship is protected by Taine's choice of a landing spot - in the corner of the palace wall with the entrance to the wall allowing for you all to take full advantage of her cloak. You are able to move quite far unaccosted, assuming that's what you wish.

Solarhawk sees a child, and she motions to Hawkangel, concern perhaps not visible behind the helm of her armour, but apparent in her body language.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 am

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
Redstreak makes a quick dash out to scan the area, staying close to the Mav and Intrepid.
Redstreak will run around the base camp (30 yards) or "drop spot" making sure that it's either safe to set up a base camp or making sure that the base camp is safe.

_: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 am

Hawkangel

*A child? In this hellish place?* Horus said to the team via their telepathic link. *To survive here on its own is unlikely. It must be bait, or a trick of some kind. Be on guard...*



Image

Post Reply