3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

I was giving an automatic attempt to break the grapple.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The woman with flaming hair continues to hold Intrepid fast. He almost feels his fingers popping from her grip. He might have noticed something had his hand not been in a vice-like grip...

The Vegan cruisers do well to hold their own against the killbots, and Solarhawk seems poised to strafe Dawnfire. Her eyes widen and she pulls up.

"Grife !!! She's a nexus ! Dragonmage, Lantern, use whatever you can to scan her. She's drawing power from somewhere else and using it to power the robots. The fewer there are, the more powerful they and this broad are gonna get!" Solarhawk's voice echoes through comms.

OOC
Strength Check: 1d20+18 36 Dawnfire

Warpcore is up...

Dawnfire: Init: 1d20+13 28
Warpcore 26
Solarhawk Init: 1d20+7 25
Dragonmage 24
Green Lantern 20
Killbots Init: 1d20+0 14
Quantum Kid 9
Superman (acting on Quantum's turn)
Bastion 5
Intrepid 4
Vega Cruisers 1
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

WarpCore

Willing to spend an hp to do this. No current copy of the character sheet exists with Bladewind nullifying the mechanics.

Through editorial decree, WarpCore was no longer merged with the ship. One second an awesomely augmented small craft, the next floating freely through space.

WarpCore opened his senses, seeking the truth in (unclear from Bladewind's post on who is speaking)'s words. Seeking the wavelength that is being broadcast... and then unleashes energy in a similar spectrum wildly, not with enough control to force the machines to do as he wills, but rather causing a storm, thrashing any signals that may be sent.. but then again, it might be on an entirely incorrect wavelength too.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sorry. Was clear to me... Solarhawk was speaking. And what exactly did I nullify? :D

Warpcore's energies wash over the area, and he is able to get an idea and perspective that indeed, the woman at the center of the Vega system is drawing energy. Some comes from the sun, but most comes from elsewhere. She in turn relays it to the killbots. Which would explain why three were a match for Wildfire and Dawnstar and yet this virtual army has been going down quickly.

Dawnfire's halo of fire flashes brightly and she sends a burst of energy towards Warpcore, missing as most of her attention is focused on holding Intrepid.

Solarhawk makes an attack run on Dawnfire, hoping to loosen her grip on the half-Daxamite... (He gets a +5 to his next attempt to break free.)

Dragonmage?
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

Seeing the Killbots falling to the Vega forces, he turned his attention to Dawnfire. She was the threat here
ooc
Turn nullify on Dawnfire to prevent her from using power on the killbots
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Solarhawk makes an attack run on Dawnfire, hoping to loosen her grip on the half-Daxamite... (He gets a +5 to his next attempt to break free.)
Quantum Kid will communicate with the Superman of the future Intrepid's situation and move to assist Solarhawk with an attack of his own.

<"Maybe my ability to disrupt the molecular structure of an object can help by splitting Dawnstar and Drake.">
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The sun beats down on the surface of Starhaven. You find yourselves standing over the remains of a killbot. A man in a Superman uniform is standing next to two Havenites surveying the scene. His uniform is slightly more militaristic than the one you read about in history vids... But his demeanor matches that of the legends more than the version that Kid Quantum encountered in the Vega System.

"Your timing was impeccable. You have my thanks." Superman says. "I am known as - but do not claim to be the original - Superman.I am Kaleb of Hydros. My allies here use the names Nightwing and Flamebird. I have to admit, The logo and rings... Courageous... Bold statement in the face of the Imperials. But then... who am I to talk?"

Superman indicates your mid-sections and the Legion emblem on your belts. Looking around, Kid Quantum, Dragonmage, Solar Hawk, Intrepid, Dawnfire, Satur9 and Bastion exchange looks with each other. You all clearly have the Legion utility belt... (see the image of Satur9 as an example...)

The last thing you remember was an assault against the remaining killbots by Intrepid, Superman and Kid Quantum. Kid Quantum attempted to split Dawn Star and Wildfire... There was a flash of light, an explosion, and then... this.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

Sebastion-El took a bewildered look around at the unfamiliar planet, at his companions, and at the ostensible Superman.

"Uh...guys? What just happened?"

Taking in Dawnfire's presence he added to her specifically, "weren't we just fighting you?"
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

He unleashed a disruption spell on Dawnfire at the exact moment Kid Quantum struck her, ensuring they were attacking her on both the physical and metaphysical level at the same time. The intent was to split Dawnfire from Dawnstar and Wildfire. The result …
Something wasn’t quite …
What is going on? Where are we?
We weren’t here a moment ago.

He cast a couple of spells in quick succession to catch any remaining sign of what happened;
One to establish if there had been any magical interference
The other to establish if there had been any temporal interference
The timeline had been changing somewhere due to Dawnfire’s existence before they struck her. Now…
OOC
Using Magic senses - detect magic 5 for the magical = 16
Expertise Magic: 2#1d20+15 16 30

Using cantrips for the temporal spell - variable - detect temporal disturbance
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Solarhawk removes her helmet, letting her hair fall around her shoulders. Holding the protective device in one hand she nodded at Bastion's question, energy coalescing around her free hand as she took in the sight of Dawnfire. The latter raises her hands defensively.

Superman speaks up. "You truly are unaware of battling this metallic beast?"

"Um, guys? Relax. That's like ancient history... you freed me from the control of the Destroyer... we've been chasing leads to determine his point of entry into the continuum... Keep fighting these things..." Dawnfire indicates the downed probot while still keeping her hands visible. "Every once in a while after a fight this happens... Quantum, you gave me the code phrase... that my very existence has been blocked out of the memory of the other Legionnaires... until an occasion such as this arose! My power has been kept secret -- but these overgrown fugitives from an erector sets will get a full dose!"

Dragonmage's spells immediately detect temporal energy, centered on Superman. There is no temporal shockwave to suggest tampering with the timeline. You also have no idea what Empire Superman refers to, and now that you look at him, although he fits the general description, long brown hair doesn't match with history... and Hydros?

"If it of any help, the one called Dawnfire was the one to direct our efforts to down this robot." Superman adds, an eyebrow still arched, "And although Dragonmage I believe you are called, everyone defers to you as their leader, you relied heavily on her knowledge and tactics, trusting her as if she were a long time ally.

"I am very curious as to what has happened to you, and although you would be a great help to the Rebellion, I sense that you are on a mission even greater than mine. Come. We must move away from the view of the Empire..."
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Intrepid, until this moment, has had his back to the group, and the long blue cape on his shoulders has obscured his frame. Dropping the portion of the arm that he had ripped off and turning to join the conversation you immediately notice another change Intrepid colors and uniform might be a near match, but, he is definitely different. In place of the well known flirtatious Daxamite is a definite relative based on features, but most definitely not Lor Gand.

The woman in Intrepid's colors wipes some dirt from her hands as she walks a little closer. She will find Solarhawk`s and Bastion's behaviour odd, as she remembers saving Dawnfire from the Destroyer but no more of this battle than the rest of you.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid
Lauren Gand

Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Woah ! Easy does it 'Hawk ! And 'Fire, what, you're the Weirdo Legionnaire now? Can someone tell me what the sprock is going on with you guys? I get it, time shift. but we came here following these Probots. The Time Sphere is parked over there... Meeting Kaleb is a bonus, but anyone who honors the House of El is okay in my eyes...

"Um, why are you looking at my like I just grew a pair of..."
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

The son of a Superboy nods at the "new and improved" Intrepid. "As if this day couldn't get any stranger...some serious temporal shenanigans are going on. 10 seconds ago you were a guy..."

Bastion lowered the spherical force field that had been selectively washing over the assembled party, retracting it until is was back to being skintight.

"But that doesn't matter right now. We need to get up to speed, and if Superman says we need to mosey, then we mosey. He can fill us in on the way to...you have a Fortress of Solitude Supes?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"A Fortress? No. There is a planet I call Solitude, but not one to visit very often as, well, that is unimportant. I have ship ready, they will deploy to destroy or remove the debris from the battle.

"I don't know about ten seconds ago regarding your friend's gender - that's a new one for me, but then, there aren't too many superhumans around. Emperor Luthor sees to it that they are destroyed. We had assumed this robot was another of his means to instill fear in the populace and to call me out as it were. I was lucky to encounter it in this region of space on this somewhat primitive world.

"You arrival initially took me by surprise and only your immediate and unconditional desire to stop the robot convinced me that you were allies, at least of now. I have many questions for you, but the first is, who are you?"

During this time, you are lead to a cruiser, a rather large ship, that is landed on the surface. Likely cloaking tech or somesuch protects it. A blonde woman rushes to greet Superman, hugging him warmly. Another male, balding with his remaining curly hair a deep black, holds a device up to the Legionnaires and gasps as he scans Solarhawk, Bastion and Intrepid - apparently, he is quite taken aback that your energy signatures all register on something he calls the Krypton Protocols. Even Superman cannot hide his surprise at this new information.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.