3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Corrigon

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

"What is this Empire that you speak of?" he asked the faux Superman "and I have never heard of Hydros. Is that out on the Outer Rim?"

Over the telepathic communication of the Flight Rings, he spoke to the rest of the team. Everything had changed and right now, he needed them focused.
A lot has changed suddenly. Play along for now and let us learn what is going on. I am detecting temporal energy on this Superman, but nowhere else. We need to find somebody like Kid Kong or Brainiac 5."

He was going to say not to trust Dawnfire, but if she was part of the Legion, then she would be able to hear what he said. Best to speak to the others separately when he had chance.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"How can you not know of the Empire? Centuries ago, when the Cataclysm took Earth, those that could fled to the stars. It was discovered that a man from even earlier than the Cataclysm had survived by transferring his mind from body to body. When the time was right, he seized control of the new world he had called home, and then began to expand. This would be my namesake`s old foe, Lex Luthor. Or Lex Luthor the 60th - LXI.

"As for not hearing of Hydros, that is not surprising. We were a simple people, with no contact with the outer galaxy. And now, my world is gone.
Destroyed by the Empire.

"It is worth noting, that Luthor believes that I am the original Superman in a new body. I am not. I was a simple fisherman with this mantle thrust upon me to give hope to the masses. I strive to be worthy of it, and of the hope that those who have me wear it have in me."

He looks at Dragonmage expectantly, waiting for an answer to his questions.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

He looked at the Superman with a look of confusion.

"Empire, Cataclysm, Earth destroyed? What year is this?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Superman looks at you with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean what year is this? Where or when are you from? I cannot answer your questions until you answer some of mine.
Who are you, and what is that logo you wear on your belts. I do not recognize it."
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

"We're the Legion of Superheroes. Multiversal adventurers extraordinaire. Man, we must've really slipped a few too many realities sideways if the Legion's not even around."

He stepped forward a pace. "For example, I'm the son of an alternate dimension's hybrid clone of Lex Luthor and yet another alternate dimension's son of the original Superman and Lois Lane. The mind seriously boggles...but we're not exactly unused to it."
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Okay. Easy does it." Intrepid's jaw almost hits the floor when Bastion makes the declaration of being a partial clone of a Luthor, any Luthor. This version of Superman just said that Luthor was the evil ruler of an Empire that he was fighting! "My memories are starting to catch up with this time shift.

"I think I know what happened. Myself, my version of the confused versions of you alongside Dawnfire are not only an alternate version of your timeline, but further down the timeline. I'm the second Legionnaire to carry the name Intrepid, and I do so to honor the original. He gave his life fighting Dawnfire, allowing the rest of you to cut her off from the source of her enhanced powers and allowing her 'parents' to reassert long enough to form her personality and give her individuality. We still do not know what the source of that power is. We thought it was Darkseid, but we can't find any proof or leads to him.

"We determined that this multi-versal threat was also time spanning and we are traveling forward in time to try and find the origin point. It was thought to be your era following the arrival of Superman X. We're now in the 50th or 60th Century, I'm still trying to figure it out, and standing next to another incarnation of Superman.

"That cannot be a coincidence. But I have no idea further than that..."

She thinks for a moment.

"To make things easier, I am Lauren Vidar-Gand. I have my mother's powers, and from the efforts of my father I am essentially immune to temporal anomalies. Which is ironic, because judging by your reactions, I just replaced the original Intrepid among your ranks... Dawnfire is exaclty what you would expect the child of Dawnstar and Wildfire to be, if they could have children, both in terms of personality and power."

Through the mental link...

I sense the temporal energy centered on Superman as well. I am still trying to understand it.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Superman assumes a defensive, borderline hostile stance, ready to take a step towards Bastion when Intrepid speaks. He relaxes a bit as he appraises the situation a little more, looking to you expecting more information.

He glances at the one who scanned you. The latter is focused on Intrepid and Bastion, more Bastion given his statement.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Name's Solarhawk. I have no idea what a Kryptpn Protocol is, but if I had to guess, it scans for Kryptonian or Kryptonian-like DNA. In other words, genetic predisposition towards massive and insane amounts of power. So yeah, these guys fall on that spectrum.

"Dunno if I would have lead with that particular declaration, Bastion, but I'm guessing Superman knows that attacking us, regardless of declarations anyone makes, isn't going to go well for the surrounding environment or his desire to stay on the downlow to say the very least.

"So, we continue to talk.

"And, Intrepid - that is still your name, right? - what are you talking about memories catching up?"
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion
HP: 3

"Chill, Big Guy. My pseudo-grandfather is an arse in most realities. He's no pal of mine."
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid

Bladewind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:33 am "And, Intrepid - that is still your name, right? - what are you talking about memories catching up?"[/color]
"Yes. I am Intrepid. I just said I was the second one to use that name, didn't I? In the interest of making things more... amiable... I will also add that my parents were Andromeda and the Green Lantern Rond Vidar. With his temporal and scientific expertise, he tried to purge me of the Daxamite weakness to lead. The results lead to a slight temporal instability in my genetic make-up. He calls it chronal flux immunity. I call it temporal inertia. I am essentially immune to changes in the time stream and will always remain who I am. I can also remember the changes to the timeline and the original timeline.

"I hate people who constantly change the timeline. It gives me such a headache."

Through the mental link...

"I also want to add, that with the exception of a battle that the Legion was involved with in the Vega System, these robots are constantly more powerful in the future versus the past."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Satur9 has been quiet until this point, as the discussion of powers and Krypton Protocols and the Legionnaires see just how long they can go without directly answering the man in the Superman uniform, you notice that her uniform is not quite what you remember, her hairstyle and figure not quite what you recall either. Wait, who was Saturn9 again? Dream Princess. Why in the world did you recall that other name?

Intrepid realizes that there was a mild temporal aftershock, rewriting the very makeup of the telepathic Legionnaire to another teammate.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid

"Here we go again." Intrepid sighs. "Dawnfire, right now I think I'm the only one who actually knows you. Dreamer... Surprised to see you, but everyone else here remembers Satur9 so you better bring us all up to speed.

And Dragonmage, I really think we need to consider being a little more open with Superman. Not that we have much more to go on, but he doesn't look to happy. I think the only thing keeping him in check is our numbers and the outside notion that he could trade blows with some of us as individuals without a clear or rapid outcome that favors him..."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Dream Princess
(Princess Genevieve Orisa Gwinevere Dreamurr Vauxhaul)

The Orandonian princess tilts her head, looking a bit dubious at the request. "But I've been here all along, haven't I?" she makes a bit of a face. "Well, not the weirdest thing to have happened I guess. Um, let's see.. Dream Princess, or Dreamer for short, ooor Princess Genevieve Orisa Gwinevere Dreamurr Vauxhaul for long. My powers are dream manipulation, I can cause people to see things sort of like a waking dream." She demonstrates by conjuring up an illusory duplicate of herself, something she's very knowledgeable of, so can bring to mind very quickly.

"I think that covers all the important stuff, right?" Both of her speak simultaneously.
If anyone has a scent ability, they can tell the dupe has no scent, making it easy to tell the two apart, aside from her not even trying to switch positions and you saw her from it.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

Bastion was many things. Superhero, legionnaire, jock, a backwater branch of the House of El. He was also still only 19.

When the pulchritudinous princess announced herself, he had to struggle to keep his eyes affixed to the horizon as it were. The name Orando sounded familiar, and he recalled they were known for being one of the wealthier planets in the galaxy. Contemplating her assets on both sides of the double entendre, his mind immediately recalled a scene from a famous twentieth century film.

He managed not to laugh outwardly at the unbidden thought, but the mirth it gave him shone through with a spontaneous smile.

"As far as I remember, this is our first meeting Dream Princess. Nonetheless it is truly a pleasure."

He turned to the Superman, so as to avoid further ocular gravitational pull towards that which defied gravity.

"Now that we've all been introduced, shall we saunter on to yonder ship?"
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage
Bladewind wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:13 pm Superman looks at you with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean what year is this? Where or when are you from? I cannot answer your questions until you answer some of mine.
Who are you, and what is that logo you wear on your belts. I do not recognize it."
"Five minutes ago, it was the 30th Century to us," he looked around at his teammates, only a few of which he recognised, "and even then, I only know a few of the people stood with me. The changes have brought new teammates and changed allegiances. He kept half of his gaze on Dawnfire as he continued to speak.
"The threat with which we were engaged was at the focal point of changes to the timestream that has somehow led us here. The circumstances others here will have to fill me in on as well."