3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

Solarhawk harumphs.

"That is probably not a great idea. I doubt they'll let you camp out and wait for us.

"I say we call their bluff."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Green Lantern

"Playing poker with a Dominator-crewed warship, one parsec outside the Citadel, while being observed by a possible demigoddess bent on possible Armageddon?" Wyoh gave a low whistle, "I guess they're just as mad about our being Legionnaires as they are about my being a Lantern."

"Still, I guess if it's just the one ship we should be okay... Any other ship traffic in sensor range that's on an intercept course?"
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Intrepid
HP: 2

"Do they know about the mysterious energy woman? Then again, they might but just want to be difficult. That's fine. We can kick their rears."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 2) Condition: Intangible

Already shifted into his non-corporeal state QK speaks up. "Dragonmage, give me a few minutes. I can be in position to disable their engineering section if they decide they want to force a confrontation. I didn't spend the last three years on the Espionage Squad for nothing."

With that he shifts into invisibility and phases through the hull heading at top speed toward the Dominator ship attempting to intercept the Legion runabout.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage
HP 2 LP was 2 now 1

"Open up a channel to the vessel. Let us try diplomacy first. With any luck, we can prevent us being shot at and starting an interstellar war on top of everything else." and not add to the death toll he also thought.

“Attention Citadel vessel, this is Dragonmage of the Legion of Superheroes. It is not our intention to interfere with sovereignty of the Vega System, but until now, we were unaware whom was taking the lead with this situation. The Green Lantern you have detected is a new inductee into the Legion. They will be leaving as soon as this situation is resolved.

You have our condolences on your lost vessel, but we are here because we believe that the figure floating in space is a threat to both the Vega System and to the UP. We are here to render aid to the Vega system and would welcome being able to conduct a joint operation.”

Awaiting their response, he addressed the rest of the team.

“Quantum Kid, do not engage unless you have to. This situation will go a lot smoother if we don’t have the combined forces of the Vega System trying to kill us.” He utilised the telepathic ear plugs to get his attention.
“Team, if they open fire, Solarhawk, get the ship out of the way. The rest of you, engage that vessel and disable it.”
ooc

persaude the Vega vessel: 1d20+8 18
lp for a reroll as I doubt that will get things done with this lot
reroll: 1d20+8 21 a bit better
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 2) Condition: Intangible

Chuckling at the old teachers warning. <<" Have some faith Xao."Reep doesn't put up with loose cannons.">> Working the numbers in his head Lyle continued his telepathic communicatin with Dragonmage and the other Legionnaires . <<" Solarhawk, vector toward the solar north pole as if you were trying to get to a better observation point of the Entity. It should create a better intercept and take us out of the space lanes. ">>
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Ackowledged." Solarhawk appears to be just as able a pilot as she is a capable flyer under her own power. The craft responds, taking a slightly more defensive position, almost flying casually.

The warship in your path responds.

"Legion starcraft. I am in command of this craft, and I am clearing you to pass. Be advised, you tread dangerously." Who the heck was that on the Okaaran frequency !?! "You are being granted special dispensation to approach the X'Hal pretender.

"Personally, I wish you luck. But I doubt you will be lamented by any in this system should something... untoward... happen to you."

"Oh that wasn't a threat or anything."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion
Bladewind wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 pm
"Legion starcraft. I am in command of this craft, and I am clearing you to pass. Be advised, you tread dangerously." Who the heck was that on the Okaaran frequency !?! "You are being granted special dispensation to approach the X'Hal pretender.

"Personally, I wish you luck. But I doubt you will be lamented by any in this system should something... untoward... happen to you."
"What a relief." Bastion said, and it was hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or sincere.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

He breathed a sigh of relief before resuming communication, thankful that they had not ended up in conflict with the Okarran vessel. They could defeat it he had no doubt, but dealing with the combined fleets of the Vega system was not something they had time to deal with.

"Your wisdom is much appreciated." he responded, curious who was in command over there. Over the telepathic plugs, he sent Quantum Kid a message as he decided to find out.

"At the moment, we are being allowed access, but find out whom is commanding that vessel without exposing yourself. I want to know whom we are dealing with, but do not engage unless absolutely necessary."

"Team, start carrying out scans unless anybody has any further thoughts?"
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

"It would appear to be from the vessel. "
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Indeed, the communication was from the vessel. There was a feeling of familiarity behind the words, but no image to substantiate it. Quantum Kid sets off to investigate...

As you advance into the system, you are able to get clearer footage of what happened when the woman near the star was confronted. The main reason for the confusion is evident to you. As used to you are at dealing with superhumanoid abilities, the Vega System is not. Yes, they have weapons and armaments that can stand against the most powerful among you, but no superhumans per se. While they have seen footage and some have dealt with the Legion, analyzing a newcomer is not something they are used to.

In any event, solar flares engulfed the confronting ships, and barely perceptible gestures from the figure are what called them forth from the star.

Looking at the imagery, you have a haunting sense of familiarity.

Not the same sense as that of the captain of the intercept vessel... That was a friendly feeling. As I mentioned above... this is haunting.

OOC:

QK - I'll need some stealth and some concrete action please.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 2) Condition: Intangible and Invisible

Lyle continued to the projected intercept point with the intercept vessel. As Solarhawk led the Legionnaires in system, Quantum Kid felt comfortable for the first time since leaving Earth. Easy peezy pal, in and out and back to your buddies. Reep always complained I never worked hard enough on my skills. It's not my fault I have powers just like two of the best Legion Espionage members ever to put on a flight ring.

Density Manipulation ... never go on a solo covert mission without it. First things first, head to the bridge.

Stealth 24: http://orokos.com/roll/488470
. . . and of course . . .
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4[/i]
Invisibility: Hearing, All Visual Senses
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Quantum Kid makes his way through the vessel - it takes a little longer than he would have thought, the shielding and the inertron plating in areas have to be navigated around... but in short order.

Standing next to an Okaaran on the bridge and obviously in command, you see something right out of the pages of myths and legends...

StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 2) Condition: Intangible and Invisible

Quantum Kid floats motionless as he spies upon the bridge through a ventilation grid. Shocked at the sight before him. <Rao . . . "do not engage". . . Yeah Xao, I'm good with that ... really good.">>

QK will stay long enough to determine a) the fastest way to return to the Legion Runabout (ie only staying if the Dominator Warship heads in system b) to determine who this Superman is. Leaving asap not risking any communication while still onboard the ship.