3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

The Superman assents and you enter his ship. He is still extremely interested in Intrepid and Bastion, and to a lesser extent Solarhawk and the rest of you. Solarhawk is looking around with an odd expression.

"Just spitballing here, but, if we were actually here to fight the killbots as Warpcore used to call them - sad that he didn't materialize with us, quite a useful guy in a fight against tech - then we were actually here. But I for one don't remember the fight.

"Interpid mentionned a Time Sphere. Which suggests we came here specifically. I don't have any specific forte in temporal mechanics, but it looks and sounds like we came here for a reason, and our minds - or some of them - have supplanted our consciousness in this era from another era. With Intrepid's claims to be immune to temporal effects, she would be best one to tell us if my theory holds true.

"I hate time travel.

"However, Dragonmage, I think you should choose one of us and examine the records and orders in the Time Sphere to figure out why we came here".
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*bump*
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Lad
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 2) Condition: Intangible (stuck)

For some time now Lyle had remained quite. His time with the Espionage Squad had taught him he could learn more by blending in than barreling through obstacles and objectives. He wasn't a quantam scientist (yet) like Dream Girl or Brainiac but he new shifting through the time stream, essentially jumping to parallel universes was dangerous stuff. The Legends of the Flash was lesson enough. They seemed to be leaping from timeline to timeline, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that their next leap will be the leap home…

It was this musing that had hidden something very important from him. It wasn't until he pushed his foot through the ramp of Superman's ship he realized he seemed to be stuck in his intangible state.

Half his leg still inside the ramp "Uh guys ... I think I I have a problem."
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

"What's the deal QL? We gotta go!"
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

"With all the changes to the team, I am not sure of any of your capabilities at the moment." Except for Quantum Lad. He hasn't changed and I've known him the longest. Everything about this feels wrong; why did we suddenly switch timelines and yet can remember the old one? "Who among you has the best scientific training, especially regarding temporal mechanics?"
StarGuard wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am Half his leg still inside the ramp "Uh guys ... I think I I have a problem."
"What's the probl..." Dragonmage started to ask as he turned to look at his former student, before seeing Quantum Lad's leg passing through the ramp, "What happened? Can you move it out of the ramp?"
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Lad
[Lyle]

Quantum Lad floats free of the ramp, his dual-flight rings still working in his intangible state. Lyle was very careful not to look at Dawnfire of this new Intrepid while making his next statement. "Yeah, thank Rao. I can't seem to shift back into my "normal" state. Something must have happened when I tried to disrupt the molecular state of the Entity when Intrepid and I hit it."
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Dragonmage wrote: "With all the changes to the team, I am not sure of any of your capabilities at the moment." Except for Quantum Lad. He hasn't changed and I've known him the longest. Everything about this feels wrong; why did we suddenly switch timelines and yet can remember the old one? "Who among you has the best scientific training, especially regarding temporal mechanics?"
"That would be me. Daughter of the foremost expert in the field and half-Daxamite.

"Do you want me to examine the time sphere?"

Intrepid watches Starguard.

"Mind you, that's a memory I don't have.... oh! You mean Lor Gand."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]

Floating up the ramp with the others the nervous Quantam Kid replies "Yeah ... seems to be a lot of the going around.". Even though he was comfortable in the streets and allows than he was labs and observatories, QK realized whatever was going on needed to get fixed quick. It felt like the fabric of reality itself was being patched worked ... and ready to. It's at the seams any minute.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Dream Princess
(Princess Genevieve Orisa Gwinevere Dreamurr Vauxhaul)

Dreamer hovers along with the others and out of the way. She'd really not terribly the intellectual herself. A bit flighty actually, prone to day dreaming, appropriate for her name in any case. She'd always loved the flight rings, letting her float all weightless, something she did more often than walk when she could get away with it.

"Hey, um, once we figure out this temporal sphere thingy or whatever, what's our next move? Not to be a space case, just trying to keep our objectives clear."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Solarhawk nods.

"Dollgirl is right. So, Daughter of the Foremost Expert in the Field, you plan to enlighten us as to what's going on?"

Superman is a little antsy, and clearly does not want to remain on this planet much longer.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

“Well, as we have ascertained that Quantum Lad, Bastion, Solarhawk and I do not have any recollection of any recent events, who here knows what the mission we were assigned is? Because somebody had best provide this information so we can complete our mission.” Dragonmage asked over the telepathic plugs. He didn’t want Superman to hear this in case it caused a problem.

He turned to Intrepid;
“If you could check the time sphere and let me know exactly what has happened since the battle in the Vega System. Bring the records for Quantum Lad, Bastion, Solarhawk and I, so that we can ascertain if there have been any changes to our timelines.”

“Quantum Lad, stay still,” he ordered, “I am going to cast a spell on you to find out what has happened to you. Dawnfire …” he didn’t trust her, but this might be something she could help with considering it was an attack on her that caused this, “is there anything you can do to assist him?”

The ghostly shape of a dragon’s head coalesced around him as he used magic to ascertain what was wrong with his former student
Expertise magic roll expertise magic: 1d20+15 16
Variable magic senses – Analytical, acute energy sense
Analysing QL
“Could somebody examine the robot please? As they seem to be more powerful in this time and previously they were powered by Dawnfire, it would be a good idea to ascertain exactly what is powering them now.” he looked at the agitated Superman, "If need be, take it with us as Superman does look like he wants to leave as soon as possible."
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid

This is relayed through the telepathic earplugs.

"Battle in the Vega System? Which one? Although my own abilities do permit me to remember altered timelines, I actually don't know from what year your minds come from...

"The most prominent battle of Vega that involves the Legion was a battle with the Probots. That occurred approximately seven Earth cycles ago relative to our proper time. In the confrontation, Superman... not this version... Intrepid and Kid Quantum led an assault against a veritable legion of the robots that were powered by Dawnfire. The result left Quantum and Fire in comatose states.

"Two years later, with everything seeming to be back to normal, I was promoted to active duty in place of my kinsman. I choose to honor him with his name and colors.

"My current hypothesis is that you have not experienced an altered timeline, merely that your consciousnesses have been pushed through time to your older selves. This would explain the lack of memory. It would appear that the moment corresponded to the defeat of the Probots 7 years ago.

"The current mission of this team, including the reformed Dawnfire, was following a lead provided by Brainy that suggested that there was a ripple in the time stream. We were dispatched to the 45th Century... this era. Upon arrival, we discovered this version of Superman in battle with the Probots. We engaged. As the battle ended, you four are referencing temporal displacement beyond that which use of the time sphere would imply.

"Our mission specifically indicated to determine if there was evidence of a temporal incursion. There are four other teams throughout the timestream exploring similar phenomenon. I'm at a loss to explain Kid Quantum's conundrum, other than it is consistent with having been bumped forward through time mentally. Ever since the Battle of Vega, upon awakening from his coma Quantum's natural state has become intangible.

"I am baffled as to the how and why your minds would come here. In terms of constants, I see are the presence of a Superman, Probots, Dawnfire and your own. What link that presents I have no hypothesis yet. Superman would be a stretch, as the Superman at the Battle of Vega was not the same, being a direct descendant of the original whereas this one is from an entirely different planet. I have more in common physically with the Superman of that battle than this one."
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

"So...our minds moved forward in time...and erased our memories of the last 7 years?!? What have we been doing this whole time? Not updating our costumes apparently."

Bastion rubbed his chin. "When the fight 7 years ago began, I was recalled from my own posting in the 21st Century, and as I left the probots appeared on Earth, taking down four of the strongest Leaguers in short order. They appear to be operating pan-chronally. I believe we are witnessing a cross-time invasion..."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Records are easily retrievable from the Time Sphere, and any of you are capable of doing so. Solar Hawk punches in some information and visibly sighs with relief before continuing her queries. You note that she looked up her parents and a Legionnaire who you don't recall being in active duty, but currently is, Vanguard.

The last seven years - your Seven Year Gap as it were - is relatively uneventful. You determine that after the battle, Quantum was in a coma for almost a year and it was discovered the nature of his powers had somehow changed. Dragonmage can confirm this, his spell noticing a change in Quantum's energy signature that is inverted from what it once was. Dawnfire had remained under heavy quarantine and security and was likewise comatose for an extended period, somewhere near two and a half years. During that time, her power seemed to bleed out. Brainiac determined that Dawnstar and Wildfire were fused together into this new entity and that he could discern no way to separate them.

During the Seven Years, the Legion did thwart an attempt by a Luthor to claim control of Earth with the assistance of the Legion of Super Villains but was thwarted.

The current team assignment was rewritten by your arrival. Intrepid can confirm that the databanks show you as the team assigned to this mission, but she recalls that originally it was meant to include others.*

If anyone examines the Probot, provide a Technology or related check with DC determining what you find. 15 and up will get you info.

In any event, it would appear Bastion's theory is correct.

*This is just the retcon to bring the group to its current roster. Don't dwell too much on it.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

As the records were displayed, some things were becoming clear, though more questions were raised; what had pulled the four of us forward then? He pondered, was it the energy from the attack on Dawnfire, the presence of these robots across more than a thousand years was a worry and what about the temporal energy that was surrounding this Superman.

“Intrepid, there are temporal energies surrounding this Superman. It may be no coincidence that we have encountered him.” He let her know over the telepathic earplugs.

Now you know why we are here,” he addressed Superman, a look of what are we in the middle of on his face, “time is being abused to say the least and our endeavours would appear to be linked to your battle. If you are happy for us to join you, then I would suggest that we leave now and decide our next action.”

Ooc
Does Dragonmage or any of the others look like we have aged?