3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:09 pm

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
*A child? In this hellish place?* Horus said to the team via their telepathic link. *To survive here on its own is unlikely. It must be bait, or a trick of some kind. Be on guard...
"Yeah, this place wasn't bad enough," Redstreak said mentally. "Now, we add creepy kids in the mix. Say the word and I'll do a quick dash around to make sure the brat isn't setting you up."

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1443
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:09 am

Maverick
Status: Normal
Feeling: Analytical
HP: 2


"Alright everyone, stay frosty." Maverick seems to vanish, using that crazy level of stealthy skill he possesses, switching to the earplug to communicate silently.

<"I've got people, they look passive, but pensive. Armed, but only in a rudimentary sense, nothing you should need to worry about, Intrepid. Redstreak, keep the recon info coming. You're able to move faster than anything we should encounter can catch, just don't let your guard down because of it. There could be primitive style tripwires, ground traps and the like around."> The untested field leader taking a cautious approach to the mission, as fitting his nature.

<"Intrepid, let's head inside. Red, you catch up once you've done a careful sweep. Let us know if you find anything that looks important. We can circle back.">

User avatar
Jewel
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 am

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Jewel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 am

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP:

"Understood." Intrepid instincts seem to agree with Hawkangel. It's either a trap or the child is not as innocent or unassuming as being a child would normally suggest. The latter fit well with their circumstances.

She moves forward with Maverick, conscious that a very long time ago, the symbol on her chest didn't mean hope to this world, but betrayal. She wondered how long the memory of the so-called Hunger Dogs ran...

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Hawkangel

*Either way, we can't ignore it...*

Hawkangel levitated slightly forward and upward towards the child, still maintaining a healthy distance. He unfurled his metal wings, and remained in a defensive posture.

"State your name and intent." he ordered at the creepy kid.

Wing Array set to Deflection.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 am

Hawkangel is followed by Solarhawk who likewise floats up and unfurls her wings. The effect is dramatic, and somewhat predictable.

All attention is drawn away from Intrepid and Maverick as they head into the opening in the ruined wall. Decay and debris greet them, but no signs of life or activity as they move forward. Maverick picks up some faint tech-like humming from further in - a combination of tremor sense, hearing and even visual spectra coming into play on something too faint for the sensors or even his senses to have detected earlier. Its on a frequency that he would have been trained is related to the New Gods (the term used for both the denizens of New Genesis and Apokolips).

The aforementioned predictable response involves and immediate withdrawal into the shadows, and crude arrows, spears and the like being aimed from mostly hidden vantage points that a combination of your own senses and abilities can still make out relatively well.

Redstreak moves too quickly for them to follow or get a bead on. Her recon reveals that the child, despite appearances, is just as well prepared and capable of standing with the other, older Hunger Dogs.

You hear someone mutter - more like drone - "New Gods. Death to the New Gods. In Darkseid's name."

Maverick and Intrepid find a computer console, flickering dimly from lack of power.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 am

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
Redstreak moves too quickly for them to follow or get a bead on. Her recon reveals that the child, despite appearances, is just as well prepared and capable of standing with the other, older Hunger Dogs.
"Hey Hawk, I took a look at your fangirl." Redstreak thought telepathically. "I am not going to tell you to take her down post-haste; but I will tell you to be prepared just in case she goes Amazon on you. Stick with that whole 'not buying into the whole child like innocence gimmick'."

After taking a look around the area Redstreak headed back to the location she last saw Intrepid and Maverick. "The area looks moderately safe except for the Hunger Dogs that may or may not be friendly."
You hear someone mutter - more like drone - "New Gods. Death to the New Gods. In Darkseid's name."
"Redstreak's eyes darted around her surroundings looking at the Hunger Dogs. "I spoke too soon; we might have an issue with these guys. Somebody around here wants to kill the New Gods for Darkseid.
She ran toward the Hunger Dogs and studied them intently, looking for any signs that they posed any threat.

Insight Roll: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:07 pm

(The only way that these guys pose a threat is in a group - i.e. swarming you and smothering you. There is no way with anything that they are carrying or wielding can do you any significant harm individually. Only by sheer numbers can they hope to get anywhere.)
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:23 am

Hawkangel

"We have not come here for you. Lay down your arms and you will receive no reprisals. Attempt to engage hostilities, and you will be destroyed...that includes you small one..." Horus spoke, his voice projecting across the blasted ruins.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:01 am

"For Darkseid ! May he return for us !" Someone calls out and throws a spear at Horus. The weapon harmlessly deflects from his wing.

Redstreak could probably disarm, tie up or otherwise incapacitate most of them before they can do anything. However, before any further action can be taken by the group, a beam of light from a great distance sweeps the area. Anyone in its path needs to make a Will save.

(Horus, Solarhawk, Redstreak need to save. Maverick and Intrepid need to make a Reflex save - based on the result I'll let you know if you also need Will saves.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:35 am

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
"For Darkseid ! May he return for us!" Someone calls out and throws a spear at Horus. The weapon harmlessly deflects from his wing.

Redstreak could probably disarm, tie up or otherwise incapacitate most of them before they can do anything. However, before any further action can be taken by the group, a beam of light from a great distance sweeps the area. Anyone in its path needs to make a Will save.
"Oh!" Redstreak exclaimed when she saw the spear head toward Horus. "Now you're just giving me an excuse to beat some common sense into you." Her eyes veered toward the Hunger Dogs. "I am on it Horus," Redstreak said telepathically.

Will Roll: 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16


(OOC: Maybe I'm not on it Horus :lol: )

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:00 am

Intrepid - I rolled you Dodge as you haven't posted - Dodge: 1d20+9 25
Maverick - I still need your Dodge if you're still with us.
Solarhawk Dodge: 1d20+8 18
Solarhawk Will: 1d20+9 17


Horus and Solarhawk react almost as one, the light catching them in its sweep as they were clearly the target. It also manages to catch Redstreak. None of you feel any different, the light was an odd sensation - not quite cold but almost. Solarhawk begins to float down to the ground as does Horus. Redstreak steps out of where ever she was concealed and joins them out in the open. All three Legionnaires adopt relaxed, "at ease" stances.

Someone throws a stone that pings off of Solarhawk's helmet, but she doesn't acknowledge it.

Intrepid sees the light coming and is able to step completely out of its path, moving so fast that Redstreak would likely be jealous if she had been able to notice the move.

Intrepid hears stones rolling and a deep cracking from somewhere within the courtyard - the direction of the statue to be precise.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
Horus and Solarhawk react almost as one, the light catching them in its sweep as they were clearly the target. It also manages to catch Redstreak. None of you feel any different; the light was an odd sensation - not quite cold but almost. Solarhawk begins to float down to the ground as does Horus. Redstreak steps out of where ever she was concealed and joins them out in the open. All three Legionnaires adopt relaxed, "at ease" stances.
Redstreak let out a sigh of relief when the outcome of the assumed attack was just a weird sensation. She looked at the two Legionnaires beside her and gave them a quick look over to make sure they were alright. "Ok,so.....is everybody in their right minds? Is everyone in shape to continue? More importantly,does anybody have a way to check if we're mentally ok? I don't want a Boomer and Adama situation."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Solarhawk turns, her face hidden by her helmet.

"What do you mean?" She asks, there is no sarcasm or annoyance in her voice, just curiosity.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
TekHed
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am
Location: Detroit Megacity

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by TekHed » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:06 am

Hawkangel

"Uh...guys...I didn't mean to land." Horus said with a bit of worry despite how calm his body felt.

"Also, is that normal?" he added pointing at the suddenly less inanimate statue.

User avatar
RPGCadre
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:38 am

Redstreak
HP:2
PP:1
Solarhawk turns, her face hidden by her helmet.

"What do you mean?" She asks, there is no sarcasm or annoyance in her voice, just curiosity.
"We were hit with something and we're standing here like we're in a corps. What if Darkseid mentally manipulated us? It's standing and military posing now. Next, I'm charging at one of you guys with a butcher knife."
"Uh...guys...I didn't mean to land." Horus said with a bit of worry despite how calm his body felt.

"Also, is that normal?" he added pointing at the suddenly less inanimate statue.
Redstreak gestured to Hawkangel. "See that's what I'm saying. We might be mentally corrupted by Darkseid now. If he could do this to us, then what else does he have in mind?"

Redstreak looked over at the statue trying to make any sense of what she was looking at. "I am not sure what normal is here. I'll make the bold assumption that thing can't be good. Maybe it's some sort of tech. If that's the case, then the one of us with the best knowledge of this stuff should check it out. As long as no one touches it until we figure out what that is, then we shouldn't run into a serious issue. "

Redstreak eyes widened slightly as she continued to gaze at the statue. "This might be a dumb theory, what if the statue is the thing that hit us with the mind control? Maybe the statue is some kind of alarm system Darkseid set up around this place and we just set it off."

Post Reply