[3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 am
It really is a shock juat how hard they're bailing us, the dice gods are not kind! I dont have the book on me, but would I be able to interpose on those rocket fists to help out Evelyn?
It should be within your movement range.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Then I'd like to do so. :D

Dc 20 after immunity, right? Gets past her impervious, so two checks for me.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Hey GM,quick question; are these things considered inanimate objects?I'm asking cause i have a stupid idea that might just work.... :evil:

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm
Then I'd like to do so. :D

Dc 20 after immunity, right? Gets past her impervious, so two checks for me.
Yes. One for the Gigantosaur and one for the Robopoochie. The Gigantosaur critted for a +10 bonus. The Robopoochie just used Power Attack for a +7 bonus.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:55 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 pm
Hey GM,quick question; are these things considered inanimate objects?I'm asking cause i have a stupid idea that might just work.... :evil:
They are essentially Constructs. That's usually distinct from inanimate objects.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:00 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:55 pm
MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 pm
Hey GM,quick question; are these things considered inanimate objects?I'm asking cause i have a stupid idea that might just work.... :evil:
They are essentially Constructs. That's usually distinct from inanimate objects.
Oh goody-goody gumdrops! That means my stupid idea of grab-n-shrink can actually work and they don't even get a save....muhahaha!...

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Ouch, these things pack a punch! Had to use an HP just to help keep her from getting knocked around. Might let her remain exhausted after this... How much would a recovery action net me back?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:21 pm
Ouch, these things pack a punch! Had to use an HP just to help keep her from getting knocked around. Might let her remain exhausted after this... How much would a recovery action net me back?
A Recover action (usable once per encounter) will let you recover your worst Fatigue or Damage condition, or make an immediate save.
RECOVER STANDARD ACTION
You take your entire turn to try and catch your breath and bounce back a bit. When you recover, you can remove your highest level of damage or fatigue. Alternately, rather than removing a level of damage or fatigue, you can choose to make a resistance check against an ongoing effect, in addition to the normal resistance check at the end of your turn.

You can only recover once per conflict. Once you have done so, you must recover from any remaining damage, fatigue, or effects normally (or with outside assistance).

When you recover, you gain +2 to your active defenses until the start of your next turn.
Outside of combat:
Living targets remove one damage condition per minute of rest, starting from their worst condition and working back. So a damaged character recovers from being incapacitated, then staggered, dazed, and finally removes a –1 Toughness check penalty per minute until fully recovered. The Healing and Regeneration effects can speed this process.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Gotcha, thanks.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:30 pm
Gotcha, thanks.
Just to let you know, it's not actually a rocket, but a spring-loaded fist. :) Repurposed toys, I'm sure you remember some action figures that had that feature.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 pm

It certainly HITS like a rocket though!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by L-Space » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 am
It really is a shock juat how hard they're bailing us, the dice gods are not kind! I dont have the book on me, but would I be able to interpose on those rocket fists to help out Evelyn?
Actually the dice gods are very kind...to toy robots! Two crits to auto save against us. Hopefully, this last attack will finally put this freaking robot dog down. :x :lol:
Nunya B wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:25 am
FuzzyBoots wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 am
By the by, guys and gals, if combat starts bogging down for you, let me know. There's more to the adventure than this (although these toys seem to be hitting over their weight class... PL 5 opponents shouldn't be inflicting this much damage) and I don't want to lose anyone over an opening encounter.
To be fair, I am partially to blame for this. I have Area Damage and am doing things of indeterminate value instead.
It's ok, my only real value is hitting things and that's not working the greatest at the moment.

No worries about it being bogged down Fuzzy, I'm still having fun.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Likewise,the fact that the dice gods have abandoned us is in no way your fault...

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Ok,here's my stupid idea:I'll grab the Nearest Toy Dino,Shrink down to my max size while holding it,let go,then grow back up to just under my height.
IF this works,i'll be able to do it to each one and not worry 'bout Damage or attacks,as they don't have any of my benefits when small.... :D

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm
Ok,here's my stupid idea:I'll grab the Nearest Toy Dino,Shrink down to my max size while holding it,let go,then grow back up to just under my height.
IF this works,i'll be able to do it to each one and not worry 'bout Damage or attacks,as they don't have any of my benefits when small.... :D
{ponders the fun of microscopic toy dinosaurs rampaging through bloodstreams}

You wouldn't be able to do that with just your Shrinking. You could stunt a power, maybe either Attack Shrinking or Affliction (they forgot to elaborate how breakout save and duration apply for Attack). And what sort of a save are you thinking of? I hadn't gotten the impression your character usually shrank down anyone but himself.

Post Reply