[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting through June 6)

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 am Genevieve pats prime-Cindy on the shoulder comfortingly. "It's all right. You tried your best, and we're still proud of you."

Then she leans in and lowers her voice. "But did you try drowning her to get past the invulnerability? It's what I'd do."
She's like a combination of Beautiful Angel and Demon on your shoulders.... :shock:
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Most of them are younger than me. I used to be the junior team member, now I'm the oldest and get looked up to. That's still strange to me. They don't tend to drag him into the trouble they cause; well not initially. Usually I end up helping clean it up and defending them to Principal Summers.

Express - Teleporter/Speedster via Timestop descriptor - Trinh I can't figure out. Sometimes she seems happy to see me, other times I seem to have done something wrong, though I have no idea what it is. At least she is the same age as me.

Evelyn Grae - Child of villains gadgeteer - its weird thinking of divisions of good and evil. back home it was survive or die, we were all in the same boat. She skips parts of sentences, so understanding what she is saying makes no sense at times. She's a lawyer's worst nightmare and tends to give me a headache. I don't think its on purpose.

Void - Unphased Terminus mutant - I know Void, or at least the man he'd become back in Habitat. A real protector, but he died when we came back and stopped the Singularity. Its strange seeing him so immature and makes me a bit awkward around him; not his fault. Too used to seeing him in charge

Neo Ninja - Technologically enhanced ninja - he had some weird stuff that I just couldn't help myself burning. Those tentacles reminded me of what would occasionally attack the habitat back home. Seems nice enough otherwise and I like learning about his culture. Most of that had been lost in my time. Its nice to be able to hang around somebody my own age

Titaness - Shockingly large brawler - she has a cause and I can respect that, especially having seen everything else be destroyed. She's like my little big sister.

The Bug - Shrinking insect controller - Ernie for some reason keeps giving me funny looks, though not the same ones as the ladies keep doing though. His heart seems in the right place, though desperate to impress.

Fortress - Anti-Earth charismatic brick - nice girl, but at times she seems more clueless about the world than me. I have an excuse since nothing was left, but I wonder why it is for her?

Bio-hazard - Grue hybrid - he knows what he wants and goes for.

Tough Stuff - Invulnerable Thrill-seeker - She takes punishment and keeps going, doing what she likes and things that the rest of us would baulk at doing.

Miraculous - Sonic Psychokinetic - Talk about optimistic to the extreme. I don't think anything can knock this girl back

Merryweather - Gentleman thief and weather manipulator - old before his time' Something about him bothers me, though I can't put my finger on it
Last edited by Corrigon on Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Anti-Earth Merryweather (more like Scaryweather, ha) would likely have been much the same as regular earth Cyrus, except instead of targeting wealthy folks in general, he'd have targeted those who were corrupt with their wealth, like a good guy. But upon gaining the Staff of Tlaloc, or perhaps an Anti-Earth counterpart to said divine wooden implement, his mind became corrupt with power, his body revitalized with youth and likely scarred with darkness, and he would seek to use his newfound power to finally get ahead in the world, but still holding that old snide disdain for his superiors.

-Me not knowing anything about Anti-Earth other than it being Earth except Anti.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Trinh and Anti-Trinh have a duel that lasts for days. Or, at least, that’s what they’ll tell everyone once they figure out that they’re immune to each other’s power to stop time — time still halts, but the other Trinh doesn’t. So after the first few attempts to stop time to attack the other team get thwarted, they’ll just decide to make snarky commentary about the other people’s fights.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:40 pm Image

Trinh and Anti-Trinh have a duel that lasts for days. Or, at least, that’s what they’ll tell everyone once they figure out that they’re immune to each other’s power to stop time — time still halts, but the other Trinh doesn’t. So after the first few attempts to stop time to attack the other team get thwarted, they’ll just decide to make snarky commentary about the other people’s fights.
Ernie and Co. Move over to the Trinh's and sit's down around them as they continue watching the Irene's fight

Ernie(Offer's the Trinh's a Mega-Popcorn bowl):"Popcorn?The Shawarma place got wrecked by the Chris'...."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

As a total aside(and i'm feeling a bit hungry anyway),Ernie/Ernest's favorite food is Chicken Schwarma with Tomato Cucumber Relish.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Typical, I get blamed for destroying everything
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Corrigon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm Typical, I get blamed for destroying everything
Well,besides the Irene's,you guys would have the most destructive power....;)

Also, i tended to notice none of us are refering to our characters(and their Anti-Earth counterpart) by their Codenames....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 pm
Corrigon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm Typical, I get blamed for destroying everything
Well,besides the Irene's,you guys would have the most destructive power....;)

Also, i tended to notice none of us are refering to our characters(and their Anti-Earth counterpart) by their Codenames....
Kind of useless to preserve your Secret Identity from someone who is, y’know, you.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think it's more meant no-one mentioned possible differences in the codenames their AE counterparts use, aside from me. AE Hope definitely goes by Death Knell.

As for a battle between them, Death Knell has a more offensive leaning than Hope does with that monofilament construct to use and keep Hope out of her own attacking range. Hope should be capable of defending herself well enough, so it might be a standoff with Hope unable to attack and Death Knell unable to get through Hope's defenses, though it could also go with Death Knell overwhelming Hope too. Hope's own chances to win are pretty slim. The most she can hope for is a stalemate.

On a side note, I misread create, so I need to add an affliction to her powerset, so I'll be working that in.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:12 pm I think it's more meant no-one mentioned possible differences in the codenames their AE counterparts use, aside from me. AE Hope definitely goes by Death Knell.

As for a battle between them, Death Knell has a more offensive leaning than Hope does with that monofilament construct to use and keep Hope out of her own attacking range. Hope should be capable of defending herself well enough, so it might be a standoff with Hope unable to attack and Death Knell unable to get through Hope's defenses, though it could also go with Death Knell overwhelming Hope too. Hope's own chances to win are pretty slim. The most she can hope for is a stalemate.
Ah,but that's why i think Teamwork for the PE heroes would win the day.Can you honestly hold up to a double,even a triple assault by the Terrible Trio? ;)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Um...maybe? If she was lucky?

Anyways, I pushed some numbers around, added in "Imprisoning Armor" affliction, took out the psychic wail to be relegated to a power stunt. (I also added precise to her Psychic Armor, which it always should have had. Still below her armored weapon in cost, so all good there).

Largely why is I misread create's entrapment option, which points out if you want to limit the mobility of a target further than by trapping them in a box or bubble, then you should use affliction. So my original idea wouldn't have actually worked. That's my bad. It also means someone she locks down doesn't get any kind of protective benefit.

She can still use create the way I originally intended on non-inanimate targets, but only willing ones (or theoretically helpless ones).

Also ended up taking out Improved Smash, not sure why I had it for her in the first place. Shifted two points out of Deception and along with the 1pp from taking out Improved Smash, added 4 to her stealth.

With regards to Imprisoning Armor: the limited degree(3rd only) was brought up in Mental Powers profile. Without cumulative, the target must fail by 3 degrees all at once for the power to do anything. With cumulative, the 1st and 2nd degrees of failure don't have any active effect but act as placeholders for the 3rd cumulative degree. The book doesn't say how these placeholders are recovered from, but I presume the same way you would recover from an actual affliction-inflicted condition, so the placeholder degrees can "wear off" so to speak.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

The class, as seen by Evelyn:

Express: Why did she get so lucky? She's got a great figure, she's easily the best looking in motion of the entire class. Her gadget might be a bit anemic, but that mutant power! The things she could steal, the traps she could set, the - hmm, maybe it's not that great for a hero? Or maybe she just needs a change of career, wasn't Girl Tock looking for a successor? Well, if heroing doesn't work out for her...

Evelyn: Yes, that's a mirror, I st- wait that's not a mirror. Hello other me, how am I? Turned to villainy when heroism sounded too saturated? Right, you just have to come over and meet my family. No it'll be fine, hasn't your family had otherworldly themselves over for dinner before? NO? What sort of boring family do I have over there? Oh right, career heroes.

Void: I don't think I've ever seen him do anything Mom hasn't already, sorta boring. Wears way too much black and red too, he'd look so much less like a serial-killer if he had some nice oranges or golds on him. Don't think I've talked with him yet either.

Neo Ninja: Who? A what? Well, if you say so. He must be pretty good at his job, he's not even showing up on radar. Assuming you're not just pulling my leg, anyways.

Titaness: Size isn't everything, but at least she's got other things going for her. Like her growing and electricity powers, I haven't seen those together before. Or is the lightning just from her fancy suit? It's nice that she cares about the environment, but that's not what heroes do to help. And she's sorta one-track with it. Did she never learn what a hero does?

The Bug: He's a fine guy and he uses his powers pretty well. But what bug is he? This is important, he'll never get noticed if he doesn't stand out more. Like Semiauto Scorpion, or Tremor Termite, or that old hero The Flea, they had the right idea. But he's just "The Bug"? The guy needs personality, stat.

Fortress: She seems nice, but why does she always act like niceness is new to her? Eh, she's just a bleeding heart type. Those powers are pretty low-key, but she's doing good work with them. She seems experienced, that's always nice. Never enough people who know what they're doing, half this school seems they'd blow themselves up without supervision.

Bio-hazard: Isn't he just a serial-killer to-be? He is! He definitely is! Why is he even here?

Tough Stuff: Finally, somebody who knows what powers are for. She must have awakened to them early, she's handling them like a pro. With great responsibility nothing, they're hers and she should be having fun! I just wish she'd listen a bit harder.

Miraculous: The girl's a terminal case of nice, but the school should fix her. I think, anyways? Do they think it's a problem? Well, whatever. She's got the sort of powers to hold her own once she gets a real grip on the way they work. She'll be a big name if she doesn't throw it away for somebody.

Merryweather: This guy Gets It, I can just tell. The way he talks about heroism, the way he speaks, the way he handles those powers, he's clearly studied the good old days. I just know I've met his father, but why haven't I met him? We always said to bring the children. Strange.

Burst: It's a guy, he's on fire, nothing I haven't seen a dozen times. It's a guy, he's from the future, nothing I haven't seen uh, twice? Wanting to be a lawyer is sorta weird for a fire guy though. Heh. Law soot.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Nunya B wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 pm Heh. Law soot.
Brb I just died. XD
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 am
Nunya B wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 pm Heh. Law soot.
Brb I just died. XD
That was so brilliantly bad,it was gorgeous ! Boo,good sir,boo i say! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: