For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

That would be a fine choice.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:52 am What Ernie probably wants to do is stunt Remote Sensing via his insect control. Remote sensing (flaw source insects)

basically he sends the bro horde out and when they find what hes looking for via a search roll they alert him via his insect comprehend power.
Right on the money,Catsi! I just didn't think to say it that way. It collosally failed regardless,but still....
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:04 pm
catsi563 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:52 am What Ernie probably wants to do is stunt Remote Sensing via his insect control. Remote sensing (flaw source insects)

basically he sends the bro horde out and when they find what hes looking for via a search roll they alert him via his insect comprehend power.
Right on the money,Catsi! I just didn't think to say it that way. It collosally failed regardless,but still....
And in that case, it would be a Power Stunt. :) Theoretically, you could use the two powers you have, the Mind Control Affliction and the ability to "speak" with insects, to command them to do the search for you. The basic problems are that insects probably don't have a huge Investigate score, and you can control more insects than you could probably reach by shouting at.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:04 pm

And in that case, it would be a Power Stunt. :) Theoretically, you could use the two powers you have, the Mind Control Affliction and the ability to "speak" with insects, to command them to do the search for you. The basic problems are that insects probably don't have a huge Investigate score, and you can control more insects than you could probably reach by shouting at.
Would i need a HP for it?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry that I took so long to move things along. I had an excuse in the back of my mind that I wanted to give others a chance to take actions, whether to stop Cindy or do something else, but I think I was also just being a bit lazy.

So, Cindy is downstairs, smashing mannequins, but things got quiet. Express stabilized the guards. Ernie's attempt to mobilize the insects failed.

The scenario suggests rewarding people who helped protect the guards. I'm giving Replica, Titaness, and Tough Stuff an HP for shielding the guards, and Express an HP for getting them out of the room and then taking actions to ensure they're medically stabilized (the scenario suggested that they were suffering from some degree of internal injuries and would need First Aid).

I'm going to say that about a minute or so passed in that interlude. Time is weird in RPGs. A fight will take less than a minute to go through 10 rounds of combat (which is a long fight...) but the time in between would likely last longer.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:25 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 pm And in that case, it would be a Power Stunt. :) Theoretically, you could use the two powers you have, the Mind Control Affliction and the ability to "speak" with insects, to command them to do the search for you. The basic problems are that insects probably don't have a huge Investigate score, and you can control more insects than you could probably reach by shouting at.
Would i need a HP for it?
No. You would just need Extra Effort, which would leave you Fatigued, and you would need to decide which power you're basing it off of (probably your Affliction) and how you plan to build it (keep in mind that insect senses aren't quite human ones. They're generally more smell/touch oriented than sight and sound).
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You know, I was fully expecting someone to try and stop her before she ran off completely again... Ah well, creepy mannequin room it is then!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 pm Id like to add that irene did make a medical roll to stabilize the guards just before the planes attacked
Good point. It got interrupted by being attacked at the time, which I should have more explicitly noted. Mea culpa.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:57 pm You know, I was fully expecting someone to try and stop her before she ran off completely again... Ah well, creepy mannequin room it is then!
Sorry for the late post,i'm fighting of Prof.Cold(I tend to have to deal with him at least twice a year)...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That needs to be a named villian now. You hear who he calls himself, and start prepping and outfitting like you were heading out to fight polar bears on the tundra... And then you start coughing and sneezing violently as he manipulates the manipulates and mutates the cold virus to destroy you from the inside out. :twisted:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:21 pm That needs to be a named villian now. You hear who he calls himself, and start prepping and outfitting like you were heading out to fight polar bears on the tundra... And then you start coughing and sneezing violently as he manipulates the manipulates and mutates the cold virus to destroy you from the inside out. :twisted:
I don't know,he sounds more like a villian that has a lot of Affliction based power's to me..
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

So, Batgirl III and Nunya B haven't posted for a week now. I can probably puppet them for a bit, but I don't want to do that through the entire adventure. Replacing Merryweather was relatively simple because he knew he would be away for a while and it was early in the adventure. Assuming the absences continue, would you guys prefer that I have them unavoidably detained? Replaced by others?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:12 pm So, Batgirl III and Nunya B haven't posted for a week now. I can probably puppet them for a bit, but I don't want to do that through the entire adventure. Replacing Merryweather was relatively simple because he knew he would be away for a while and it was early in the adventure. Assuming the absences continue, would you guys prefer that I have them unavoidably detained? Replaced by others?
That's up to you as GM Fuzzy.I'm honestly cool with whatever you choose...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah its gms call and ill support either though id think at least keeping Trinh around so we don't entirely lose all our firepower would be a good idea. teams tough as nails but a bit lacking in consistent DPS, :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories