[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

That will put Miraculous at 2:54 as well, having delayed until after Replica woke up to talk. Titaness and Skolldir theoretically could immediately take other actions, having proactively moved while the conversation was going on. That's up to them.
Camus

Post by Camus »

How will we handle communication if we split up? Skoldir can invent some commlinks, but unless we can speed up the inventions somehow there doesn't seem to be much time.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'm going to handwave that as "standard equipment" for Claremont.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I apparently saved the wrong map link in my email, so I will have to wait until I get home to adjust it for what Skolldir would have seen. Just to clarify, is he going straight down the corridor, or taking one of the side passages?
Camus

Post by Camus »

He will go to the end just to peek into each corridor and see what he sees
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

So, I've been thinking over this module and my handling of it. In a paper and pencil game, it would be easy enough to take people step by step through a map. Play by Post is trickier. However, the nonlinear nature of navigating the map, and the decisions it forces, are the crux of how this module works, so I really don't want to give you each step in line.

Would it be easier if I abstracted out the map, giving you choices (two corridors on the right, within a Move action to enter either, one on the left same time to reach, two further beaches that are going to take a double Move just to get to their openings)?

Alternately, I'm fine with the somewhat asynchronous setup we're working with.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... We're dealing with an extra-dimensional being here right? Who's to say things have to be perfectly linear with him involved either?

Anywho, I don't mind you abstracting it if you feel it to be best.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

:-P Well, if I had my druthers, I kind of like letting people state their actions in the forms of rounds and allowing asynchronicity, but I figured I'd put it to people. I don't want people lost or confused, or simply not enjoying the pace or action of the game.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

One thing that helps sometimes is let the characters do a fast blurb of their own. Say you need them to get to a certain spot let them describe the action for a bit with a hero point for reward or something. then all you need to do is make sure they end the post with the character entering whatever room or place theyre supposed to be
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

So, L-Space messaged me and said that due to work and personal situations, he needs to drop out. I will be running Replica for the remainder of the module because I really don't want to try replacing another person.

So, do people have a strong opinion on the map situation? Both responses were somewhat non-committal.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Shame about L-space :(

As for the map thing... I really don't have any ideas ^^; the setup seems like something that would work better at a table with everyone taking their turns with the time limit and such.

Forums are sadly clunky mediums.

I also don't know the modules so I don't know the mechanics in play, though by the recent post it looks like some spacial folding shenanigans.

So I am good with however you wanna tackle this, though I think my brain would prefer abstract rather than split synchronicity in turns.
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 pm Shame about L-space :(

As for the map thing... I really don't have any ideas ^^; the setup seems like something that would work better at a table with everyone taking their turns with the time limit and such.

Forums are sadly clunky mediums.

I also don't know the modules so I don't know the mechanics in play, though by the recent post it looks like some spacial folding shenanigans.

So I am good with however you wanna tackle this, though I think my brain would prefer abstract rather than split synchronicity in turns.
I second Epic in this, Perhaps state "I'll commit 4 move actions taking lefts in the corridors and see what I get" and then get the output.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

My suggestion is what we discussed over on FB Id let each player do a quick write up of a brief tunnel crawl give each player a brief problem to overcome a trap or monster etc and let them write up how they do so, then give them an ending point to get to and let them write how they get there. No rolls required just let them stretch their storytelling legs

reward them a hero point for a single bruise or injury taken in the write up and a second for taking the time to write up a decent post.

once everyones at the bombs then resume normal iniitiave and the PCs figure how to disarm etc
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Truthfully, Catsi, that level of abstraction is further than I want to go with it. :) I'm thinking more providing the list of corridors within walking distance and asking people to state how much time they want to spend on a given branch if it's likely to take more than one round.
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 pm Truthfully, Catsi, that level of abstraction is further than I want to go with it. :) I'm thinking more providing the list of corridors within walking distance and asking people to state how much time they want to spend on a given branch if it's likely to take more than one round.
I agree, too much abstraction does not fit good with me
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ