[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:01 am The only way to use the Deflect Power is by taking a Defend Action. :?
OK. There's egg on my face. I dislike rewinding history too far, but we're only one count or so in.

I'm also finding myself a bit unsure if we're in total agreement on Deflect. I think it's "Take a Standard action, designate a target (including yourself), that target acts like they took a Defend action with your Deflect rank as the Defense bonus". If so, that means you need to decide who gets the benefit when you use it, although I think you can use the Ready action. So in the future, I will interpret you saying that you'll use your Deflect action on the next target coming in as that Ready action for that one target. And you'd roll once for them rather than once per attack (of which there were two).

In this case, if we roll back history, the Gigantosaurs attack Evelyn, the readied action triggers, the roll of 17+12 gives Evelyn an effective defense of 29, and both attacks miss (the first one was a roll of a 19, not an automatic hit, only a Critical due to Improved Critical, and even the +2 from the Aid only brought them up to 28). Sorry, my fault for trying to adjudicate the action right before heading off to bed. I'll give Batgirl III an HP for my initial bad call. Nunya B, you have your choice in this case of either revising your post to indicate you weren't hit, or to take a Hero Point and we assume Fiat.

As for the people coming up from the basement, I'll resolve your actions in your initiative order.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That bit of rules discussion aside- I think it might make sense for Merryweayher to give us some indication that he didnt spontaneously combust. I mean, we all know it on a meta perspective, but what do our characters think?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:06 pm That bit of rules discussion aside- I think it might make sense for Merryweayher to give us some indication that he didnt spontaneously combust. I mean, we all know it on a meta perspective, but what do our characters think?
{nods} I'll provide something after combat ends.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:58 pmNunya B, you have your choice in this case of either revising your post to indicate you weren't hit, or to take a Hero Point and we assume Fiat.
I'm a dirty, dirty metacurrency whore so I'll take the HP and the damage.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:06 pm That bit of rules discussion aside- I think it might make sense for Merryweayher to give us some indication that he didnt spontaneously combust. I mean, we all know it on a meta perspective, but what do our characters think?
"Well he looked prayerish and there's no ash left behind, so I think it's the same lightning teleport trick T-Clap used to pull but he's in some sort of spiritual test of character instead of just outside. Funny story about T-Clap, and it's why I bet you've never heard of them. See, his name was supposed to stand for Thunderclap but a clever talk show host had a skit at his expense and within a month after his first appearance everyone was calling him The Clap. It really pissed him off, so he burnt down half the radio towers in his city before the Rubber Revenger slapped him around and he teleported into retirement. Anyways I think Merryweather's just absent. Maaaybe dead."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Nunya B wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 pm"Well he looked prayerish and there's no ash left behind, so I think it's the same lightning teleport trick T-Clap used to pull but he's in some sort of spiritual test of character instead of just outside. Funny story about T-Clap, and it's why I bet you've never heard of them. See, his name was supposed to stand for Thunderclap but a clever talk show host had a skit at his expense and within a month after his first appearance everyone was calling him The Clap. It really pissed him off, so he burnt down half the radio towers in his city before the Rubber Revenger slapped him around and he teleported into retirement. Anyways I think Merryweather's just absent. Maaaybe dead."
If you provide that as the quote when the time comes, you will receive a Hero Point. That's hilarious.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I may also be being too restrictive by seeing the Deflect as "pick who you're defending". Poking around, people have interpreted the changing pluralization in the power description differently.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I've sent Batgirl III a PM saying she's up. If there's nothing tomorrow evening, I'll put up an action.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Did her second attack go through? I had her use Extra Effort with a bonus from the Extraordinary advantage.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:48 am Did her second attack go through? I had her use Extra Effort with a bonus from the Extraordinary advantage.
Sorry. I forgot to do that. I only read the first one at first. I will revise.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I call Shenanigan's on that No-sell,the Dinosaur OBVIOUSLY never read the Script.... ;)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

By the by, guys and gals, if combat starts bogging down for you, let me know. There's more to the adventure than this (although these toys seem to be hitting over their weight class... PL 5 opponents shouldn't be inflicting this much damage) and I don't want to lose anyone over an opening encounter.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It really is a shock juat how hard they're bailing us, the dice gods are not kind! I dont have the book on me, but would I be able to interpose on those rocket fists to help out Evelyn?
------------
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

To be fair, two of our three toughest teammates were down in the basement when the elevator opened. The squishies have given as good as we got, though!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 am By the by, guys and gals, if combat starts bogging down for you, let me know. There's more to the adventure than this (although these toys seem to be hitting over their weight class... PL 5 opponents shouldn't be inflicting this much damage) and I don't want to lose anyone over an opening encounter.
To be fair, I am partially to blame for this. I have Area Damage and am doing things of indeterminate value instead.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

To be fair, Cindy assumes that everyone is also capable of being slammed into by a semi truck going 90 in a 50 zone.
------------