[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting through June 6)

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:28 am
Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:22 am Clearly all of Anti-Earth’s troubles stem from the terrible trio not being united.
Makes sense to me.
I quite agree. :D
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Interestingly enough Irene of Anti earth wouldn't be that startlingly different as I see her from her earth counter part on the face of things. Maybe a bit more selfish little more thuggish to use a turn of phrase.

The real difference would be how shed express her Environmentalism, Irene is environmentally conscious yes and maybe she can nag or lecture people on certain behaviors. but she only does so because she genuinely cares and because in general those ways are good common sense things to do, shes not--surprisingly-- a vegan but believes in cruelty free farm animals and fish farmed from dolphin safe sustainable farms, she tries to educate and follow her own advice and be friendly about it, She only gets naggy when she sees people deliberatly being careless about the environment, then shell launch into lectur mode.

Anti earth irene wouldnt bother with the lecture, shed go right into the object lesson which could be anything from being punted into the bay, stepped on at full height, or dropping a full power thunderbolt on them., or being stuffed face first into a toxic waste pile. Shed be absolutely savage about the environment, a pure radical.

And one other aspect that I think ill run with. Ernest is hers, she doesn't share, talk to him she pulls your tongue out your rear end and ties it to a frozen metal pole. touch him she introduces you to the bottom of her size dozen or so foot. Hurt him and she becomes a raging force of nature looking for payback.
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 am Interestingly enough Irene of Anti earth wouldn't be that startlingly different as I see her from her earth counter part on the face of things. Maybe a bit more selfish little more thuggish to use a turn of phrase.

The real difference would be how shed express her Environmentalism, Irene is environmentally conscious yes and maybe she can nag or lecture people on certain behaviors. but she only does so because she genuinely cares and because in general those ways are good common sense things to do, shes not--surprisingly-- a vegan but believes in cruelty free farm animals and fish farmed from dolphin safe sustainable farms, she tries to educate and follow her own advice and be friendly about it, She only gets naggy when she sees people deliberatly being careless about the environment, then shell launch into lectur mode.

Anti earth irene wouldnt bother with the lecture, shed go right into the object lesson which could be anything from being punted into the bay, stepped on at full height, or dropping a full power thunderbolt on them., or being stuffed face first into a toxic waste pile. Shed be absolutely savage about the environment, a pure radical.

And one other aspect that I think ill run with. Ernie is hers, she doesn't share, talk to him she pulls your tongue out your rear end and ties it to a frozen metal pole. touch him she introduces you to the bottom of her size dozen or so foot. Hurt him and she becomes a raging force of nature looking for payback.
I wonder how Anti-Irene&Ernest would react to seeing their Prime-Earth version's? I know Ernest's....
Ernest:"What do you think your doing,you idiot?! He's Dead! You can take over that school,no problem.Just make them swarm and you've won....."

Ernie:"No,i'm not about to do that to them!For one i'm not an Emo pric like you with Daddy issues,and for another i happen to like this place just the way it is.So you can take a walk in a Spider nest,for all i care!...."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I can picture Cindy interacting with her double now...

Cindy Prime: "'Ey."
Anti-Earth Cindy: "'Sup."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Honestly both irenes wouldn't be talking. Theyd be in the middle of a full on Katie bar the door pier 6 brawl with resultant collateral damage and a lot of lightning being thrown around. thered be some back and forth with PE Irene trying to be peaceful while AE Irene insults her weakness when it comes to mother earth.

The real insanity would come if AE irene saw Ernie actually beat Ernest. A scenario i imagine with AE irene throwing a thunderbolt at Ernie and obliterating the area heedless of the fact that her Ernest is in the same spot.

Seeing Ernie be ""killed"" by her own power and look alike would send PE Irene into a primal rage of her own and scew the doors the brawl would escalate to piers 7-15 at that point. While the two giantesses are busy trying to obliterate each other with a renewed fury, ernie crawls out of a conveinent hole carrying his unconscious doppleganger and gets a front row seat to the insanity.
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 am While the two giantesses are busy trying to obliterate each other with a renewed fury, ernie crawls out of a conveinent hole carrying his unconscious doppleganger and gets a front row seat to the insanity.
*Cue Ernie being passed dual buckets from the Cindys flanking him.*
Both: "Popcorn?"
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That whole team fight would be awesome to play out.I could picture all the PE teens taking on their AE counterpart(except Fortress....you know,i wonder what her PE version's like?) with the resultant fight being eventually won by the PE teen due to actual teamwork being used.

I'm just sad this is only a one-shot now,as the stories are just writing themselves here....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:52 am
catsi563 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 am While the two giantesses are busy trying to obliterate each other with a renewed fury, ernie crawls out of a conveinent hole carrying his unconscious doppleganger and gets a front row seat to the insanity.
*Cue Ernie being passed dual buckets from the Cindys flanking him.*
Both: "Popcorn?"
Ernie(Rubbing shoulder):"....sure,why not?"(takes handful of popcorn from both Cindy's)
Looks back at both as he drops some for the Bro Horde...
Ernie:"Why aren't you two....well,you know,duking it out like everybody else?"
RainOnTheSun

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am Image

Original picture here.

Fortress, Power Level 8

STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 11, DEXTERITY 1, AGILITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3 * 74 points

POWERS:
Combat Training: Array (8 points)
Bracing - Sustained Impervious Toughness 8 * 8 points
Cheap Shot - Affliction 10 (Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Resisted by Fortitude, Quirk: only usable against Vulnerable or Defenseless enemies; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless) Linked to Unarmed Attack * 1 point
Shockwave - Cone Area added to 8 ranks of Strength damage * 1 point

Finger Flick: Subtle on Strength Damage * 1 point

Highly Mobile: Array (4 points)
Leaping 4 * 4 points
Speed 4 * 1 point

Resilient: Impervious Toughness 3; Immunity 2 (Critical Hits) * 5 points

SKILLS:
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+6), Deception 15 (+18), Expertise: Criminal 7 (+8), Insight 7 (+12) * 15 points

ADVANTAGES:
Assessment, Interpose, Set-Up 2, Taunt, Ultimate Toughness * 6 points

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Cheap Shot +6; Close, Damage 10 and Affliction 10, Resisted by Fortitude (DC 20)
Shockwave; Cone Area, Damage 8
Unarmed +6; Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE:
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Will 5, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11 * 4 points

POWER POINTS:
Abilities 74, Powers 21, Advantages 6, Skills 15, Defenses 4, Total 120

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Fortress has even more reason to hide her identity than most superheroes. A concerning number of people on earth-prime are inverted reflections of the anti-earth figures she knows. She hasn't found another Genevieve Kazan on this world yet, but she wants to keep her real name out of the public eye, just in case.
Motivation--Recognition: Fortress is new to Claremont Academy, and she wants to build up a reputation again as soon as possible.
Prejudice: Most people would consider Fortress a mutant for her exceptional strength and durability. To her, this is terribly unfair--why isn't a genius inventor with technology decades ahead of the rest of the world considered a mutant? Why isn't a martial artist who can dodge bullets and fight thirty people at once considered a mutant? Being called a mutant is one of the few things that actually offends her.
Quirk: Fortress is impressed by small acts of courtesy and decency that most people would take for granted, but cruelty and betrayal don't make her bat an eye. She doesn't get pop culture references, or else she interprets them wrong, and she sees people sometimes that she recognizes from her old world. It's still a small price to pay for escaping the Academy, in her opinion.
Secret: The faculty at Claremont Academy know Fortress is hiding something, but they don't know she's an anti-earthling, and she aims to keep it that way.

Genevieve is a product of the Academy, an indoctrination ground where the Tyranny Syndicate of Anti-Earth train their enforcers and foot soldiers. The most powerful, vicious, and ruthless cadets rise to the top, and the rest of the class is lucky if they even stay alive. With no rare or significant powers of her own, Genevieve survived by working for the Academy's top cadets while playing them against each other. With all the betrayals and ambushes that happened at the Academy, a good bodyguard was invaluable, and Genevieve knew how to tell people what they wanted to hear.

When an experimental device designed to provide a means of invading Earth-Prime failed spectacularly, the explosion hurled her miles away from the Academy. She picked herself up, walked all the way back, and reported for duty.

Nobody knew who she was. Genevieve quickly spun a lie about applying to join the "Claremont" Academy and tried to figure out what had happened. The world she was in was different in many ways from the world she knew, and almost every difference was an improvement. She has no intention of going back, and she's looking forward to trying out this superhero thing.
I modified Fortress a bit. I took away the limited Luck advantage and a rank of Set-Up, and I gave her Assessment, the ability to do damage Subtly ("I don't know what happened! We were talking and then he just fell over!"), and two more skill ranks. She's a bit sneakier as a fighter now, which suits her.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:05 am Ernie:"Why aren't you two....well,you know,duking it out like everybody else?"
Prime: "It was like, trying to defeat a brick wall,"
Anti: "...By slamming it against another brick wall.
Prime: "So we deciced to settle things by playing FIFA instead."
Anti: "Which I won! So, yay my team!"
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:18 am
MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:05 am Ernie:"Why aren't you two....well,you know,duking it out like everybody else?"
Probably not unlike this fight.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:25 amProbably not unlike this fight.
I'd say that's pretty accurate.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:18 am
Ernie: (Look'sat Anti-Cindy.Cock's head to the side) "....You cheated,didn't you? 'cause your normally aweful at that game...."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Genevieve pats prime-Cindy on the shoulder comfortingly. "It's all right. You tried your best, and we're still proud of you."

Then she leans in and lowers her voice. "But did you try drowning her to get past the invulnerability? It's what I'd do."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 am Genevieve pats prime-Cindy on the shoulder comfortingly. "It's all right. You tried your best, and we're still proud of you."

Then she leans in and lowers her voice. "But did you try drowning her to get past the invulnerability? It's what I'd do."
Prime Cindy taps her chin, oblivious. "You know I never thought of that! Thanks Genie, you're always coming up with the best ideas!"
------------