[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Hmm... I guess you would be right. Eh, as it is, the original suggested build was simply the +1 Affects Others (and Myself), and no area, so we should be good.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Actually...something I tend to frequently forget; Affects Other says absolutely nothing about having to maintain contact with whomever you give access to the power. Just you touch them and they get access to the power until either you revoke it or you or they are unable to maintain it.

All area would do is let you apply it to multiple people using the same standard action.
Camus

Post by Camus »

So, we end up with affect others only right? =P
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:27 pm So, we end up with affect others only right? =P
Only if you want the Area modifier. Affects Others Only is a +0 Extra.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Hmm, I think that I would also need protection from lasers. Or Skolldir can take another passage. That would make it faster no?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 pm Hmm, I think that I would also need protection from lasers. Or Skolldir can take another passage. That would make it faster no?
Yes. Affects Others Only would be 5 PP (although it does take a Standard action to grant the power), which is 5 rounds instead of 10.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Personally, I feel that we're really going to end up eating a minute of time when we only have a minute and a half so left on the clock. Cindy has gone and inconvenienced everyone when I only meant to do it for herself, damn.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:56 pm Personally, I feel that we're really going to end up eating a minute of time when we only have a minute and a half so left on the clock. Cindy has gone and inconvenienced everyone when I only meant to do it for herself, damn.
Cindy could either crawl through the beams (which does involve Dodge saves at 5 ft move-speed per action), or attempt to dash through them at the cost of putting you back to one of the other routes. There was the passage with a block of stone blocking it, the one with the glue guns and the console, and an unexplored corridor on the "east" side.

And if Skolldir choose to abort his Invention early, I'll refund the Hero Point used (so he has one), although the Complication he earned it from remains. I've currently assumed he already used the action this round, but I'm willing to back-pedal that.
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:56 pm Personally, I feel that we're really going to end up eating a minute of time when we only have a minute and a half so left on the clock. Cindy has gone and inconvenienced everyone when I only meant to do it for herself, damn.
Cindy could either crawl through the beams (which does involve Dodge saves at 5 ft move-speed per action), or attempt to dash through them at the cost of putting you back to one of the other routes. There was the passage with a block of stone blocking it, the one with the glue guns and the console, and an unexplored corridor on the "east" side.

And if Skolldir choose to abort his Invention early, I'll refund the Hero Point used (so he has one), although the Complication he earned it from remains. I've currently assumed he already used the action this round, but I'm willing to back-pedal that.
I think Skolldir could produce his invention to give cindy and someone else immunity to lasers so that they can go through that path, meanwhile the others could explore the other corridors, and Skoldir will get to them later. Actually since he is the one with decen disabling skills, to be in the front for him is a disadvantage, as he will take more time if he needs to backtrack. He could very well stay in that room and wait for the outcomes of the corridor explorations.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

And, of course, people can talk with each other in or out of character. :D
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It may go without saying, but the holiday season is upon us. I'm not traveling this year until around New Years, and even then, not much, so I'll be around, but I also recognize that some people may not be posting frequently on Christmas Day. :-D
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

The immunity to lasers was irenes idea with Replica using the walls material which seems immune to the lasers then he could get to the other side save Cin and flip whatever switch was needed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ah. Yeah, he probably could stunt that. That's creative thinking. :) Except no one has told Replica that.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I _think_ this powerstunt would be useful, but warn me off if I'm overestimating it's abilities. I beleive I have two saves to make, the other two grids not getting past my impervious?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:39 pm I _think_ this powerstunt would be useful, but warn me off if I'm overestimating it's abilities. I beleive I have two saves to make, the other two grids not getting past my impervious?
That is correct. And I'm OK with that stunt. You only have two Toughness saves to make, and you get to roll twice on them and pick the better result.