For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Could be worse, I could have put you up against Skipper. :-D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

All things considered though, we've learned a great deal here. And now with their villain name, we can research their villainous activities as well as who they were behind the crimes
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Out of curiosity, how do you guys see housing for your characters? Do you commute from home? Stay in dormitories on-campus? Climb a rope into a hole in the sky and then pull it in after you?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cindy's family lives in Emerald City apartment, though right now her father is back on deployment over seas. For a few months she lived in a psychiatric hospital, but was permitted to move into a Claremont dormitory at the start of her school year.

And yes- we did learn a whole bunch by now. The museum might be a good bet for starters, and the we can hit the club close to nightfall so we trigger an encounter- I mean, just gather normal information from a normal, not vampire infested nightclub. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

I guess Skoldir would be on campus
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Irene would most likely be on campus due to effectively being a ward of the state. her moms recovering in the hospital but unable to care for her, and Summers would be keeping an eye on her to make sure she stayed safe and wasn't further affected by her transformation that lead to her tussle with the freedom league and their home was basically poisoned and rendered unlivable so she has nowhere else to go.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Josh could very well afford an apartment himself in the city. I do want to spend a point eventually on a little HQ for him where he makes his gear, stores supplies and backup caches and the like.

He could also be living on campus. I'll defer to you which is more convenient. If neither, then it'll be apartment.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

That all sounds good. I just wanted to be sure I didn't confuse matters if I have a ghoul show up at the foot of your bed, that sort of thing.

So is group planning on the museum trip next?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Seems to make sense. Hit the museum before it closes then go to the night club after yeah?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Good plan!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I approve, though Cindy does not. ;)
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

:) Do you guys want me to write you up as arriving at the Museum? I don't want to take agency away from my players.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I was commenting in another thread that I usually give players with Inventor a set of one-shot devices at the beginning of an adventure in proportion to the skill points used, and it made me realize that I hadn't offered Skolldir the same, maybe because I had him being dropped into the scenario. Basically, without having to spend something, you've got inventions up to 16 PP, reconfigurable or replaceable with a Hero Point, or between adventures, without having to spend time or a skill check. Alternately, you can "bank" the points to spend at twice the price during the adventure to have a gadget onhand. Inventor is one of those Advantages that is either too handy, or not handy enough, and this is my attempt to make a non-broken setup still worthwhile.

This is a work in progress, so I may modify that approach in the future. But I just wanted to put it out and up-front.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'll let Camus comment on inventor aince it's his advantage, but it seems fine to me how you have it.

Yes; I think we were waiting on that. Not much for us to do during travel time just now.
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

I'm all in for that inventor idea. Also good to progress forward.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ