[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:36 pm Fuzzy, would it be okay if I Maverick had a variant of his computer with its spy aps disguised as the wrist brace like the one in the civilian attire picture i added to Maverick's sheet? Otherwise he's got his utility belt stored away in his bag with his costume under school books.
Smart phones are pretty powerful these days, and smart watches a low profile (if a bit limited) way to access that power, so I'm ok with getting it down to those sizes, either something phone-sized on your wrist, or a more flexible keypad as a bracer interfacing with the larger unit. You might look a bit eccentric, but this is Freedom City.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's at this point I realize that my character is so technologically inept that she still probably uses a flip phone. Probably a Nokia, as that's the only way it's survived in her possession for so long. :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It's more specifically for accessing the spy apps, and the glove thing is designing it based on the sort of setup Robin used in Young Justice because it's neat. :P
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:13 pm It's more specifically for accessing the spy apps, and the glove thing is designing it based on the sort of setup Robin used in Young Justice because it's neat. :P
Ah. Well, the mechanism is effectively unchanged, so I have no problem with that as the descriptor. It may be evident he has a tool on the back of his hand, but what sort of a tool might be trickier to figure out.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Aside from when in active use I would imagine. But, I do have a few equipment points left. I should have put Subtle on the Wrist-Computer to make it less evident I think. It already has a feature for holographic display.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:58 pm Aside from when in active use I would imagine. But, I do have a few equipment points left. I should have put Subtle on the Wrist-Computer to make it less evident I think. It already has a feature for holographic display.
And there is always Sleight of Hand to try to avoid being noticed. :)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

So... are you guys just adjourning to Southside to continue talking? Got a gameplan for trying to find more details? If nothing else happens, I'll probably puppet a skill check or two for Skølldir (and I finally got around to looking up his name... I'm sure it's borrowed from Skølldir the Terrible Space Viking from Awesomenauts, but I'm amused that it's a phrase that basically translates out to a mild imprecation of "hot damn!" according to translation books) to try to get a foothold. Alternate routes include just asking around, looking for evidence of prior superhero battles such as memorial plaques (I can only imagine that places like this might have something like "On this spot, Centuriion fought King Cole for the first time, March 24th, 1973" or "This house once housed Melvin Throckmorton, better known today for his supervillain identity of Gustav "the Brawler" Mahler"), or just seeing what pops out at them.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There are a few options and routes we could take, uet I think the only one Cindy would think of would be asking around. I think we might have the best luck talking to the older residents, maybe if there any elderly at a park playing chess, or if there happens to be a retirment home in the area. If we find out the acrual general timeframe this villian operates, we could even visit a library amd see if they have a newspaper archive.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Older locals and businesses that would have been around at the time the villain was active would be Josh's plan. Maybe Burger Bill's fits that criteria conveniently? :D

I keep meaning to post but I started a new job Monday which had me switching from graveyard shifts to days and is an entirely different industry, so I've been beat with changing sleep schedule and massive info dumps.

I have tomorrow off though, so I'll be able to get a post out for sure tonight or tomorrow!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sounds like a rough work schedule adjustment, hope you can adapt to it well enough!

Oh, I have two unrelated things to mention here. First, what year are we all in? Maybe we're mixed as a team? I ask that as I know Cindy is 14, and Irene is 16. I can't imagine Cindy having skipped any grades either.

Secondly, does this look any better then the one with the satashi? I even contemplated a bit on her Superhero logo. :P
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just to clarify, Skolldir took the bus directly to Burger Bill's and not making a detour to a public records library or anything and just researched on his laptop?

Just thinking if he stopped somewhere then caught up with us after, we'd have some time to ask around at Burger Bill's or maybe some adjacent businesses before he catches up. Otherwise, we probably all take the same bus to get eats before splitting up, if we ultimately decide to.

As for the age thing, Maverick is an artificially aged clone with mental programming (kinda like YJ Superman), so, he can be physically whatever age is convenient. And the new image looks better with the sports top. Still has that Casey Jones-esque thing going on which seems very fitting for Cindy.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I plan to have Olev take as long as necessary, or until Camus gets back. He can miss buses, stop at a library, or whatever. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He's about to run into every single red light on his way here. What god has he offended to make his bad luck such as it is...?

Though fuzzy, what is your say on our current school year as a roster?

@Epic: Glad she's looking better with it, I'll keep working on her with that in mind. Admitedly I hadn't considered Casey before I sketched it up, but now I can't help but picture him. :lol:
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, Casey Jones has no powers and with how Cindy's are, it would be easy to mistake her as having no powers (until someone empties a clip into her to absolutely no effect more than putting holes in her clothes), they both use sports equipment, and use a hard protective face mask for concealing identity (not to mention present a certain image for themselves).

It's hard not to draw comparisons. :P not that it's a bad thing. Casey is a great character in every iteration of TMNT I've seen
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:02 pm Though fuzzy, what is your say on our current school year as a roster?
I picture about Sophomore level, but I figure people enter at all ages.