[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:41 am The chest wrap as her only top seems a little on the daring side, considering how tore up her shirt got from those lasers and the reaction from that xD

Besides that, I dig the hint of Casey Jones we got going on here.
Agreed in that it might not be something that transfers culturally. A sarashi just isn't all that common here, so people might assume she's just binding, which can have other contexts. But I do also appreciate how being nigh-invulnerable would mean she'd feel very comfortable having bare skin. No risk of road-rash from a sliding knockback down a paved road, or cuts from crashing through a plate-glass window. Either way, I'm fine with her deciding on it as her style, of course. :) Part of High School is figuring out your fashion choices, after all.

I'll go ahead and post for Olev in a bit. I'm pretty sure Camus's post was a "leaving today, back early February". Side note, one of the drawbacks of providing an open-ended scenario is that, as a GM, I'm never entirely certain when to step in. Having someone kick in the door with a gun is a wee bit over-dramatic. Times like that is when it's nice to be puppeting an NPC. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I suppose just wearing a sports bra would have the same general affect, as would it have less context needed to get the point of. I always thought the sarashi look was pretty badass, and that would likely have been her line of reasoning there too. It is admittedly pretty on the daring side especially with consideration to the reaction she had previously, though I'll default to the fact there's a difference between choosing the look willingly and having it happen on accident. :lol:

I'll play around with my designs later today, see if I come up with anything else I like too. There's a couple other ideas I'd like to try after all...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I sent a PM to Camus, but I'm allowing for 16 EP of one-shot (lasts an encounter) items for his Inventor advantage since it is so difficult to invent during an adventure.

Also, attendant open adventure issue, feel free to let me know in the OOC thread or a PM if you feel you've done everything you want to in the current scene. I didn't want to rush you guys with a bell for classes until I was certain you were done talking.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

If 16ep is based on his Technology bonus, wouldn't 26 make more sense since the minimum roll he can make is 17 and he can take 10 always due to Skill Mastery? Just a thought. I like the idea in principle because finding time to use Inventor (and similar) is tricky with the forum format
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

The skill bonus seems good to me. And yeah, the Inventing/Artificing/Ritual/etc Advantages are either underpowered (no time to do it when you actually need it) or overpowered (claiming an entire arsenal of items invented between adventures or trying to use Quickness to turn it into an ersatz Variable).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, I hate seeing "Quickness #, Limited to Inventing" :lol:

But, I think a fair house rule one could try is reduce the construction time based on degrees of success on the construction check using the Time chart. Would make smaller inventions pretty quick to pump out, and since those 1pp inventions tend to be fairly low impact and/or temporary, people would get better use, keeping in mind the design time is unchanged, and they still usually need the appropriate workspace and tools.

Just an idle musing anyways. :mrgreen:
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

We actually did that in the adventure, but Skolldir missed the Challenge DC.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The rules you're impsijg on invention seem fine to me either way, but then again its been some time since I used it myself.

Hrm... I actually have an idea regarding the villain assignment, but it's not something Cindy herself would ever think of.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:47 pm We actually did that in the adventure, but Skolldir missed the Challenge DC.
I thought that was just jury-rigging?

The difference between what I suggested and jury-rigging is no hero point, still requires the design phase and only has the chance to construct faster.

As for the assignment, I'm good with moving ahead if everyone is happy with meeting Josh. Can always ask questions and stuff as they do their research etc.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yeah, we can keep interacting and getting to know him while we start on the asignment in game. Was this our last class of the day, or do the students have more things to do?
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 pm Hrm... I actually have an idea regarding the villain assignment, but it's not something Cindy herself would ever think of.
Discussing it in OOC is an excellent way to set things up for someone else to bring it up IC.
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:48 pm I thought that was just jury-rigging?

The difference between what I suggested and jury-rigging is no hero point, still requires the design phase and only has the chance to construct faster..
It was both. I gave a chance to move down the Time and Value Ranks table with each success. Thing is, Inventing starts with a lot of time.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:13 pm Yeah, we can keep interacting and getting to know him while we start on the asignment in game. Was this our last class of the day, or do the students have more things to do?
I was going to handwave the other classes of the day unless anyone had something they wanted to cover.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's perfectly fine with me to have the rest of the day pass without interest as we get moving with the story. A student's day is filled with personal drama, but that dosn't mean we're rewuired to narate it 100% :lol:

Good point about that, by the way. Hadn't thought of posting my thoughts here.

So, personally I have the impression that Hazel Court might be from an older era, one that's out of recent memory. Something about the name also strikes me as being related to magic in some way, probably because it makes me think of the Fae Courts. It could also be the name of a female villian, as the name Hazel feels feminine.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'll push things forward this afternoon. I spent the weekend helping engaged couples figure out whether they were ready to get married (I think all but maybe one were) and I was kind of waiting to see if Titaness had anything more to say.
catsi563

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by catsi563 »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:34 pm Titaness (Irene Darrow)

Height: 6' 6" - 32 Feet maximum height
Weight: 260 lbs - 12.5 tons maximum height
Eyes: Blue (glow)
Hair: Brown

PL: 8/122pp

Abilities (42pp)

Strength 4/12*, Stamina 4/12*, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4/2*, Intellectt 2, Awareness 1, Presence 2

*At max height

Advantages 9 pp

All-out attack, Close Combat 2, Equipment 1, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Startle

Skills 20 pp

Athletics 4 (+8/+16* *At max height), Expertise (Art) 8 (+10 ), Expertise (Earth Sciences) 4 (+6 ), Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6 ), Intimidate 8 (+10/+14 *At max height), Perception 4 (+5 ), Persuasion 2 (+4 ), Ranged Combat (thunderbolts) 2 (+4 ), Treatment 4 (+6 )

Powers (43pp)

Electric Titan (Growth 8 ( 30 Feet, Mass x8 [12 tons]; +8 Str, +8 End; +4 Intimidation, +1 Speed; +2 ranks reach; -8 Stealth, -4 Dodge, Parry) 16pp

Long Legs: (Speed 3 and leaping 1) 4pp

Quick healer (Regeneration 1) 1pp

Giant Fighter (Enhanced Dodge +4, Enhanced Parry +2 (Flaws: quirk Stats increase per 4 ranks in height -1pp) 5pp

Diminished fighter (Reduced fighting -2; Reduced Fort Save -4 )(Flaws: Quirk Stats Decrease only at max height +1pp) -7pp

Bio Resistance (Immunity 5 (Electricity) 5pp

Charged Brawl (enhanced Advantage 2 (improved Critical 2 (unarmed 18-20) 2pp

Giant Strength (Power Lifting 3) 3pp

Thunderbolt (Ranged Penetrating Burst area Damage 8 + Ranged Penetrating Damage 4 (Extras: Improved Critical 4 (16-20) (Flaws: targeted Area 8 ranks -1, Unreliable [Max of 3 blasts]; Limited [Fatiguing], Limited [Only at 20+ Feet height] 14pp

Equipment: Multi-tool, Morphic Molecule Suit (Feature: 1 Quick change, utility belt pockets, Thermaweave insulation (immunity 2 Heat Cold) 5ep

Defenses: (8pp)

Toughness: +4 (regular size), +6 (6ranks growth), +8 (4 ranks growth), +10 (6 ranks growth), +12 (Max height)

Dodge: +4 (normal size), +4 (Max height)

Parry: +4, +4 (Max height)

Fortitude: +6, +10 (Max Height)

Will: +6

Combat (8pp)

Melee: +6, +4 damage (normal size); +4, +12 Damage (max height)

Ranged: +4, +12 Damage (Thunderbolt)

Initiative: +6

Grab: +6 to hit, +4 DC (normal size); +4 to hit, +12 DC (max height)

Unarmed: +6, +4 damage (normal size size); +4, +12 Damage (max height)

Complications

Avid Environmentalist: Irene is a staunch environmental activist and gets easily angered by peoples carelessness

Static Shock (the bigger irene gets the more bio electricity she generates, at max height shes visible a good ways off, and is detectable by electric scanners at any size)

Tall gal (Irene is tall for her age at six foot six inches and stands out in a crowd)

Relationships (Mother; Caroline, is alive but still sick from the poisoning Irene tries to take care of her as she can)

========================================================
Abilities 42 + Skills 20 + Advantages 9 + Powers 43 + Combat 8 = 122 Total pp
========================================================

Irene Darrow was born into a peaceful environmental Commune where she learned to live in harmony with nature and others. This peaceful lifestyle would have continued had a greedy corporation not found that a rare earth metal was in abundance beneath the communes land. when Court tricks and money failed to move the people off the land the Company decided to do it for them by dumping a load of toxic waste into their water supply. the Poison spread rapidly sickening many of the communers as planned including Irenes mother. Irene was ill as well but when doctors tried to treat her she went into cardiac arrest. An attempt at Defibration lead to a shocking literally development as Irenes body exploded to a near thirty feet in height in a spectacular flash of thunder and lightning.

Enraged and in pain Irene went on a tear and nearly tore down the company by herself until The Freedom League intervened and talked her down. By the time the group was done investigating and the corps ceo in cuffs the damage to the commune was done and it was sadly too late to rebuild. Irene was handed off to- Claremont Academy where she began to learn about her powers and how to use them responsibly as the aptly named Titaness.

Titaness, Is the groups Environmental Conscience. She's very much into recycling and the ecology and is very knowledgeable about such things. Since her powers were the result of A corrupt corporations attempt to illegally dump toxic waste she doesn't trust many companies and is active in environmental protests. Still shes made a lot of friends and gets along well, even though she still has to remind everyone about the difference between the blue bin and the garbage can.

Apperance:

Once a petite little waif of a girl, Irene now stands at a statuesque Six and half feet of long legged womanhood. Long mid back length brown hair is complemented by Blue eyes that seem to glow from within especially when she uses her power where they glow like Neo signs. Being around her is like being near a transformer with a constant low hum of energy, which expands when she grows as the bio energy in her body expands and she super charges.

As Titaness Irene weares a Black and Red Body Suit with gold trim that glows as her powers activate.

Personality:

Irene is for the most part a friendly and warm personality, open and welcoming to everyone. Its only when the Ecology or Planet is brought up that she becomes fiercely motivated and an aggressive debater. While she wont force her opinions on anyone that doesn't ask if you do ask she can and WILL go on at length about the environment and mans evils towards it. Give that she was created by Corporate greed she reserves her special venom for corporations and other greedy types who anger her no end.

She remains an active participant in ecological protests and clean ups and encourages people to join in on social media.

Powers and Tactics:

Titaness is a fairly straight forward fighter using her height and incredible strength to best effect. Either bullying around her targets or setting them up for a teammate to finish off. Shes tough but not invulnerable so she shows more caution then one would expect and fights smart. at any size she is low level superhuman in strength and generates enough of an electric field to dish out a nasty shock to anyone she hits.

Her ace in the Hole is her Thunderbolt, and boy is it a doozy. As she grows her body generates more and more Bio Electicty until at max height she becomes massive tesla coil brimming with raw power. As members of the Freedom League found outthe hard way she can throw that power out in a massive explosive blast of raw lightning that can knock even Captain Thunder on his butt.

Claremont scientists and staff speculate that she could potentially grow even taller over time but for now her max seems to be thirty-thirty two feet give or take.

:arrow: huh? I got her into 120 did not expect that with a 3rd ed conversion Titaness is a pretty simple concept the bigger she gets the hotter she gets--I mean energy Jab don't be a goof :P :lol: -- At 20+ feet in height she generates enough charge to fling her thunderbolts. she can only do it three times max before she needs to recharge which usually takes a GM approved length of time, a few hours usually.

Beyond that though she relies on good old fashioned 30+ foot high feet and fists.

Also I believe I have correctly gotten the math right on her tradeoffs for height

:arrow: Edit did a bit of final shuffling added a super suit for modesties sake, and some quirks to show her enhanced stats only kick in as she grows. should cover all her bases

:arrow: Second adjustment made to make 8 ranks of the thunderbolt Aoe while the other 4 are targeted due to PL limits for Aoes, used the spare points to boost her intimidation and add an additional rank of improved crit to the blast

:arrow: One more edit for Irene make sure her will and fort saves meet pl limits

:arrow: reedid to fit her into the format requested. spent 2xp on All out attack, and boosted her Power lifting
redid irene in format she should be good to go
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think considering our characters' pretty global lack of mobility powers that we'll be taking the bus, yeah? lol

Fuzzy, would it be okay if I Maverick had a variant of his computer with its spy aps disguised as the wrist brace like the one in the civilian attire picture i added to Maverick's sheet? Otherwise he's got his utility belt stored away in his bag with his costume under school books.