[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

So, this is a Hero High game. We started with running through "Toys Will be Toys" after which I decided I was willing to spin this into something a bit bigger. The current PL is 8, with 122 PP, all of the characters being students at the Claremont Academy, who have been informed by Headmaster Summers that he sees potential in them, and is interested in seeing what they can do together.

Submissions:
  • Express - Batgirl III - Teleporter/Speedster via Timestop descriptor
  • Evelyn Grae - Nunya B - Child of villains gadgeteer
  • Void - Ghost of Krypton - Unphased Terminus mutant
  • Neo Ninja - Camus - Technologically enhanced ninja
  • Titaness - catsi563 - Shockingly large brawler
  • The Bug - MacynSnow - Shrinking insect controller
  • Fortress - RainOnTheSun - Anti-Earth charismatic brick
  • Bio-hazard - Plan b - Grue hybrid
  • Tough Stuff - Doctor Malsyn - Invulnerable Thrill-seeker
  • Miraculous - EpicEclipse - Sonic Psychokinetic
  • Merryweather - Toast Burglar - Gentleman thief and weather manipulator
  • Burst - Corrigan - Fire manipulator from the Future
  • Replica - L-Space - Street smart Material Mimic
Second Round:
Our current roster is the following:
  • Titaness - catsi563 - Shockingly large brawler
  • Tough Stuff - Doctor Malsyn - Invulnerable Thrill-seeker
  • Skolldir - Camus - Paraplegic inventor
  • Maverick - EpicEclipse - Non-powered SHADOW rebel
Merryweather was in the cast initially, but Toast Burglar encounter RL issues and had to step out.
Express was, I'm afraid, lost to RL.
Ditto Evelyn Grae.
Also, The Bug, who warned us of an upcoming hiatus, and seems to have been encompassed in it earlier than expected.
Replica similarly has their player, L-Space, sidelined by Real Life.
Miraculous is being set aside so EpicEclipse can play something different.
Initial prompt to request players wrote:I'm finding myself too scatterbrained to run an open-ended campaign, but I'm doing alright with prepackaged one-shots. Who would be interested in going through the classic Toys Will Be Toys scenario, involving foiling a heist at Fun-Time Toys? I will be converting it into a 3E scenario. Because the foes provided are relatively low PL, I'm also planning to run it as a PL 8 (approximately 120 PP) scenario, possibly involving teenagers from the Claremont Academy.

I'm going to be going for 4-6 players. Probably ending recruiting in a week or two depending on what I see. Personal preferences of mine tend towards clean character builds that are easy to read, a good grasp of the English language, minimal munchkinning, and enthusiasm.

If you have not read the Toys Will Be Toys scenario, I recommend holding off on doing so to avoid ruining any surprises. If you already have, I trust that most people can suspend their detailed memory enough to still have fun at it.

Current Map: https://www.mipui.net/app/index.html?mid=m2c29v283qy
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 25 times in total.
pathfinderq1

Re: Toys Will Be Toys (Interest Check)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'd be interested if you go with 3e.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I’d be interested, but only with 3e.

(My interest doubles if it’s a teen academy game.)
Last edited by Batgirl III on Wed May 23, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

sure one shots are always fun
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm definitely intrested,and i'll go with.....whichever edition get's the most votes,don't matter to me. :D
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I'd be interested in 3e. What sort of PP were you thinking?
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I haven't played in a PBP game before, but have been wanting to get some experience with it, so I'd be interested in this one-shot.
Formerly luketheduke86
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

As someone new to the boards I'd be interested in a one shot, getting my feet wet as it were. I have a slight preference for 2E, however, I am familiar with both editions and willing to play either. I like the idea of Claremont students sneaking off campus trying to prove themselves to the faculty and their peers.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Nunya B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 am I'd be interested in 3e. What sort of PP were you thinking?
At PL 8, 120 PP would be pretty traditional.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Write me in as interested, in fine either system
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:33 am As someone new to the boards I'd be interested in a one shot, getting my feet wet as it were. I have a slight preference for 2E, however, I am familiar with both editions and willing to play either. I like the idea of Claremont students sneaking off campus trying to prove themselves to the faculty and their peers.
Hey,welcome to the boards,hope you have fun! :D
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'd like to make a character for it. I'm more familiar with 3e right now, but I could give 2e another try. I have some leftover character builds from other games, but I could always make somebody new too.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I need to get back into more games, so I'm down! I prefer 3e personally, but could relearn 2e in a pinch, and should be able to whip something up for a "Claremont teens" type thing, easy!

Only... I don't know what the Toys Will Be Toys scenario is. Just gonna assume it involves Doc Otaku or Toy Boy or one of the other geeky inventors!
FuzzyBoots

[3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Well, it looks like the primary interest is in 3E, so 3E it will be. PL 8, approximately 120 PP (if you go a few points over because you're adding some fluff to the character, that's fine). Usual caveats about trying to avoid abusive builds. Complications involving extrinsic factors are probably less likely in a one-shot like this, but one never knows.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

With so many peopla applying,i'll be the first to "fall on my Sword"(as-it-were) and gracefully bow out of contention.Good luck gang,slap Tot Boy a good one for me,he's too old to be doing this!... :lol: