[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys - Recruiting thorugh 2018-Sep-29

Post by Camus »

ok, edited. Since i had the points didnt take the check required flaw, and reduced improved critical from the turret to accommodate the points. Much better now I think
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just two things.

This is actually from way back, but I forgot to mention, you probably want Permanent on Shrink so they don't get nullified and suddenly grow. It's free since shrink is normally sustained, just a matter of noting it.

The other thing was Selective on explosions. It was brought up a few times and hasn't been addressed as to why they are selective. :lol:

Normally when an area attack has Selective on it, the character has a means by which to control the flow of the attack. You've just got onmidirection outbursts of energy from machines that are exploding. Selective really doesn't make a lot of sense without an explanation.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

They could be like tesla mines, with a bit of handwavy computer targeting magic that allows them to exclude allies. Ome detonates, and electric ity arcs between the bad guys and leaves one's allies untouched. Would also be less innately destrictive.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

I knew I was forgetting something. Yes selective.
For the electrical burst I had envisioned something in the lines of what the doc said, the mine detonates shooting an arc of electricity at all targets acquired before bursting.
For the more regular explosion I thought that it could work with shifting plates crating not a ball of fire but several cones of fire from the mine, thus shielding allies. It has the problem that enemies in line with the mine and with an ally in between would not be affected. I'm cool with it if you think its a cool effect.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Those explanations are satisfying enough to me. I don't know if realistic science would support those ideas, but comic book science should do just fine. Not really my opinion that matters, but when has that ever stopped me from voicing it? :lol:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, recruiting closed off yesterday, so I think we're just waiting on Fuzzy to review the submissions and decide which fits best, and to escape RL long enough to let us know :P
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry for the delay. Things were crazy at work, then the weekend hit me like a sledgehammer. I am going to go with Hope and Skolldir. After the Toy Boy fight, I'll bring you in. Right now, both of you will be on-campus. If you want to write something about what they're up to on campus (with Next Gen off helping with the ghost pirates and the rest of the campus told not to leave), it would help for establishing your character.

Everyone else, if you can roll initiative?
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

Awesome. Glad I was able to streamline her adequately enough to get in. :)

Did you want us to write and post that "What they're up to" right away, or PM it to you, or save it until after the fight?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Go ahead and post it now. :) It will help with the idea that multiple things are happening at once.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Welcome aboard!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yes,welcome new people to the insanity that is this really Wierd group of odd-balls....:D
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Welcome aboard new friends :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Camus

Post by Camus »

Thanks! Will read through and post in a few hours from now.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Fuzzy,i edited my post for you like you wanted me too(took me a minute to figure that out...)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Completely forgot to roll initiative but meh ill take the 8 :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories