[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

On your posts, just use the fairly standard header format of the following (which assumes your character's color is Red):
Character Name
HP: ?
I have no problem with people adding extra bits like a (small!) character image, a link to their character sheet, or something more characterization-based to their Status (the intent is to track conditions on the character, but adding something like "nervous" or "raring to go" does help people quickly garner tone).

Also, if you can add a link to your character in your sig, it saves me a few clicks when I need to check something. :) But honestly, that's more optional.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I generally make the name of my character a URL link, or picture if I use one. Hope's is her picture :P
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sure, I can make those changes. I understand you probably just want the technical information up front and center for accessibility. I'll let you know when I've done so.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

^_^ Another extremely important question... what do we want to name this game? I just used the name of the module, as I was uncertain as to whether I wanted more than a one-shot, but it might not really befit the group as we go forth.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

And is everyone good to start again Monday?

There's a party of me that wants to do a postmortem on the adventure -- blame work -- but I think things went well overall. With two heroes with great of ghosts, I should have played up Toy Boy's spectral nature. The wiring on the wall was maze directions. It was originally just a dead end, but I figured I'd give you something. I'm sure there's more, but that's what I recall.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A party of fuzzy? I'll bring the chips and dip. ;)

It was a bit convoluted at times, but I think you overall did a great job adabptinf the scenario to a PBP format. Sure there probably could've been some improvements, but I think so long as we had that's all that matters now. We just have a better idea of what to do next time is all.

Also, I've finished updating to your new format! I decided to add in an attempted explanation of how her power works as well, just to celebrate the transition. Let me know if it actually seems plausible, ahah...

Oh! And statting Monday sounds fine. As for names... Underdogs? Troublemakers? Hmm... Class (insert homeroom name)? :Thinking:
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Oh, that's the other thing I forgot. Everyone gains 2 pp, bringing then to 122.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'll get Maverick posted sometime overnight. I've got Starfinder this evening, but after that, I can put all his info on the new format.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Trouble seekers

I-ll probably have little time in the upcoming weeks, I-ll try to get the formatting in schedule but my access (starting monday) in the next few weeks will be sporadic at best.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maverick / Joshua Crowe
(Out of costume)
(In costume)

Icons
Civ: https://i.postimg.cc/NMzTc2b4/joshua-1.png
Cos: https://i.postimg.cc/5t9n9vqd/55065b473 ... 426742.jpg

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 122/122

ABILITIES
Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Attractive 2, Benefit 2(Wealth 1; Well Off, Self-Sufficient), Equipment 11, Evasion, Great Endurance, Jack-of-all-Trades, Move-by Action, Quickdraw

While using Team Tactics: Benefit (Deceptive Movement), Redirect, Set-Up 2, Teamwork

*Self-Sufficient: Joshua seems to somehow always able to come up with a cache of personal equipment given enough time to retrieve it, whether kit-bashing the equipment together or having prepared a cache in advance. His equipment is all personally crafted (Including the computer applications)
*Deceptive Movement: Joshua is exceptional at tricky movements to throw off opponents and leave them wide open. (+5 to Acrobatics for Agile Feint)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 4 (+4), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+4), R.C (Throwing Blades) 11 (+13), Sleight of Hand 7 (+9), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 3 (+4)

Conditional Bonuses: Acrobatics +5 (+12) to use Agile Feint, Deception +5 (+9) attracted targets, Persuasion +5 (+9) attracted targets, Stealth +2 (+12) in poor lighting, Technology +5 (+9) to hack electronic keypad locks, Technology +5 (+9) to hack electronic passwords

POWERS
* Combat Focus: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Accurate 3, Multiattack 3, Variable Descriptor 2 (Weilded weapons, otherwise Unarmed) [10pp]
* * AP: Counter Stance: Deflect 9 (Reflect, Close, Quirk (Ranged attacks are not reflected)) [1pp(8pp)]
* * AP: Team Tactics: [1pp(8pp)]
* * * Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Advantage 5 (Benefit (Deceptive Movement), Redirect, Set-up 3) [5pp]
* * * Coordinate Allies: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Teamwork)(Affects Others, Area (Perception: Auditory), Selective, Limited (Must be able to see ally situation(s)) [3pp]

* Blindspot: Concealment 6 (All Visual and Auditory senses) (Blending, Passive, Resistible (Perception DC16), Activation (Move)) [1pp]
* Parkour: Movement 4 (Safe-Fall, Sure-Footed 2, Wall-Crawling 1) (Limited to Man-made environments) [4pp]
* Perfect Balance: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling added to existing rank) (Limited to upright movement) [1pp]

DEFENSES
Dodge: 4 (+9)
Parry: 2 (+9)
Toughness: 4 (+7)
Fortitude: 4 (+7)
Will: 6 (+8)

COMBAT
Melee: 7
Ranged: 2
Initiative: 5
Grab: 7 (DC 11)
Unarmed: 7 (DC 16 Toughness)
Combat Focus: +13 (DC 18 Toughness, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor)
Shuriken: +13 (DC 18 Toughness, Multiattack)

Abilities <40> + Skills <27> + Powers <18> + Advantages <21> + Defenses <16> = <122>/ <122> pp

Background
Joshua began life as a clone. Just one of the countless others under the control of Overshadow. Joshua is not even his original name, or number as the case would be. He was one of the batch selected for a special project to use technology and magic to create super soldiers for SHADOW. However, during the experimentation, Joshua’s mental conditioning was altered, entirely by mistake.

At first beset by panic, unable to remember, well, anything really, and strapped to a table with carved runes, strange machines and masked individuals in lab coats that he did not know, yet somehow, he knew other things, his mind racing with strategy and as soon as one restraint was loosened, Joshua seized the moment and struck.

In a flurry of frantic combat and flight, Joshua escaped the SHADOW installation, though not before accessing a SHADOW computer, accessing various accounts and files to take and learn what he could before he made good his escape, taking whatever resources he could with him and burning what he could of the rest.

After that, it was just a “simple” matter of forging an identity for himself. With what limited amount he was able to glean from the limited time and resources he had been able to access before blowing the local servers, he knew he was a clone, and the one responsible for making him was called Overshadow. From the time he spent on the outside on the run, he also learned about the presence of superheroes and what they stood for. It seemed fairly clear to him which side Overshadow was on, and what better way to completely distance himself from the “source material” would be to become a hero himself, and with the skill set he instinctively knew he had, it should be a relatively simple task.

He made his way towards Freedom City, piece by piece putting together an identity for himself, a name he picked up through interaction with people and made his way to Claremont, following with details on a plot he had learned while going through the SHADOW databases before escaping, informing Dean Summers of the presence of a sleeper that had been planted in the school, though not yet activated. After explaining his situation and why he knew this, Summers offered Joshua the opportunity to enroll himself. With nowhere else to go, Joshua had no reason at all to say no.

Complications
  • Motivation (Acceptance): Joshua began his existence as a clone among the countless other of Overshadow’s army. It has become important to Joshua to forge his own identity to prove, even if only to himself, that he is his own man. Being a hero, the very opposite of Overshadow has been a central foundation of Joshua’s new identity.
  • Enemy (SHADOW): Joshua is an ex-SHADOW clone soldier that was used for experimentation on a super soldier program. He escaped, and that doesn’t sit well with Overshadow who would quite like what he views as his property returned.
  • Secret (SHADOW Clone): That Joshua is a clone isn’t exactly common knowledge and Joshua would like to keep it that way, since it could cast suspicion on his loyalties, not to mention news getting to Overshadow as to Joshua’s location which could put any personal life he has established in danger.
  • Remnant Programming: Joshua has no way to know what mental programming does or does not remain in his psyche. Overshadow could have any number of control phrases to cause anything from a catatonic state to compliance or obedience. Fortunately, part of what freed Joshua also broke his programming, so anything Overshadow does will only last a limited time.

EQUIPMENT [53/55 spent]
* Combat Gear: [12pp] Array
** Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 2 (Improved Critical, Multiattack 3, Ranged 3) [9pp]
*** AE Collapsible Staff: Strength-based Damage 2 (Reach, Subtle(Concealable)) [1pp(4pp)]
*** AE Smoke Pellets: Concealment 2(Visual) (Area(Cloud), Attack, Ranged) [1pp(8pp)]
*** AE Cutting Torch: Damage 1 (Precise) Linked to Weaken Toughness 1 [1pp(2pp)]

* Costume Gear: [18pp]
** Communicator: Senses 1 (Communication Link), Subtle [2pp]
** Stealth Suit: Feature 1 (Circumstance bonus to Stealth to Hide) [1pp]
** Strike Plating: Protection 4, Subtle [5pp]
** UV Lenses: Senses 1 (Ultravision) [1pp]
** Voice Mask: Illusion 4 (Aural), Limited to Voices, Quirk (Requires voice sample to emulate a specific voice) [1pp]
** Wingsuit: Flight 2, Gliding [2pp]
** Wrist-Comp: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology), Feature 1 (Can project holographic displays) [2pp]

* Utility Belt Gear: [11pp]
** Binoculars: Senses 1 (Extended Visual) [1pp]
** Cellphone: Senses 1 (Communication Link) [1pp]
** Flashlight: Environment 1 (Light), Subtle(Ultraviolet Light) [2pp]
** Lockpick Kit: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology) [1pp]
** Multi-tool: Feature 1 (Reduce penalty for lacking correct tools) [1pp]
** Swingline: Movement 1 (Swinging) [2pp]
** Tracers: Senses 1 (Tracking) [1pp]
** Undetectable: Feature 2 (Utility belt and contents do not show up on X-Ray scans nor set off metal detectors) [2pp]

* Spy-Tech Apps: [12pp] Array
** Biometric Decoder: Morph 2 (biometric access data), Precise, Limited to Biometrics, Limited (Requires biometric sample) [7pp]
*** AE Bug Monitoring: Remote Sensing 6 (Audio and Visual, 1/2 mile), Subtle, Limited to Transmitter Placement, Medium (Transmitters) [1pp(7pp)]
*** AE Digital Recorder: Feature 2 (Recording, Audio and Video), Feature (Can record in UV lighting as Senses 1 (Ultravision)), Subtle & Senses 2 Extended Auditory and Visual (x100)) [1pp(6pp)]
*** AE Electronic Lockpick: Feature 4 (Major bonus to Technology checks to both open electronic locks and to crack passwords), Subtle [1pp(5pp)]
*** AE Frequency Scanner: Senses 7 (Acute, Analytical Radio, Extended (x100), Analytical All Auditory, Extended (x100), Ultra-Hearing) [1pp(7pp)]
*** AE Text/Voice to Text Translator Apps: Comprehend 4 (Languages: Speak, Read, Understand), Quirk (Being understood requires 'listener' to read) [1pp(7pp)]
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So I am pretty sure I got the format right.

And here we have Maverick mk4.0, Teen Model.

Mechanically, he's basically the same. Martial artist with gadgets that help him in and (mostly) out of combat.

Originally I had Inventor on him, which was mainly there to justify him making his own kit and gear, not for the wider versatility of the advantage. So I opted to change Inventor to the Self Sufficient Feature which is mainly just allowing him to procure equipment through some means or another given enough time or circumstances and explains he crafts all his own stuff.

So...a severely limited "Inventor" advantage without checks involved that really only covers his own equipment. (The no check balances the severe cut in versatility a full Inventor advantage would have)

He's still got a pretty broad array of skills, but not much in the way of expertise, since it doesn't make sense that he has a bunch of worldly knowledge to call on, though with JoaT, he's still able to give most things a try.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ill work on adjusting Irene to the new format soon
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:10 pm Ill work on adjusting Irene to the new format soon
Don't forget that you have two more power points to work with. And, if you don't mind, can you detail how you expect your defenses to work at different sizes? I think we'd reached an agreement with a smooth progression, but I swapped computers, so I don't have it on-hand anymore. :) A formula or a table, either one makes as much sense. We can make those increases and decreases per 4 ranks, as listed, or we can make them adjust more granularly.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shouldn't be an issue just a little more homework is all.

She mostly seemed to fight in 2-4 rank shifts pushing her to 6-8 damage toughness in tight spots.

in outside areas shed pretty much go full height which was 4-12
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Finished using the rewarded PP. Another point of Impervious bringing it up to ten- Which I beleive now leabes her flatly immune to damage level 8 attacks. I also added Second Chance (Energy Based Damage), the same advantage she stunted earlier to show that her body has learbed to adapt.
------------