[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

This has been the longest and most eventful 3 minutes in the whole world...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:58 pm This has been the longest and most eventful 3 minutes in the whole world...
^_^ RPGs are like that. Much like in real-life, combat starts and ends in the space of a minute. Add to that superheroes and all the weird things they can do...
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I know that Catsi has said they have some RL things taking up their time lately, so I'll give them 'til tonight to revise their action. Otherwise, I will treat it as the movement that it is, possibly interrupted by events, and let them revise their actions for the next round if desired.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sounds good to me. :D (if would also make sense to get a few actions packed in just in case)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

edit and fixed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

On to the new round!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What's Skoldir doing?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:43 am What's Skoldir doing?
^_^ Care to explain, Camus?

I know what it is, having discussed it via PM, but I'd prefer to let him express it in-character.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Oh, mental fart from my part, sorry.

Skolldir is jury rigging a device that will provide laser immunity to the team
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:13 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:43 am What's Skoldir doing?
^_^ Care to explain, Camus?

I know what it is, having discussed it via PM, but I'd prefer to let him express it in-character.
I'll like to keep his ic explanation as it stands, he is an introvert inventor after all. He would assume no one understands
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Been a long time since I've seen a jury rig attempt. Spending an HP and the rounds needed along with the higher DC tends to get overlooked.

Won't it get a little pricey though in terms of ranks? Immunity 5 (Laser damage), Affects Other, Area is 15pp, DC30 and a minute and a half to create. (Granted, I don't know how you were planning to build the power for the invention)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:28 pm Been a long time since I've seen a jury rig attempt. Spending an HP and the rounds needed along with the higher DC tends to get overlooked.

Won't it get a little pricey though in terms of ranks? Immunity 5 (Laser damage), Affects Other, Area is 15pp, DC30 and a minute and a half to create. (Granted, I don't know how you were planning to build the power for the invention)
I believe it's possible to just add the +1 Extra of Area and have it work so long as you don't mind everyone in that area getting the benefit. So, a minute, DC 25. Camus already rolled for that and made it, Hero Point made available by virtue of taking on a Complication of his chair gaining Unreliable.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

you'd normally need Affects Others to even take Area, but if you're cool with them being lumped into a single +1 extra, it doesn't bug me none. 8-)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:52 pm you'd normally need Affects Others to even take Area, but if you're cool with them being lumped into a single +1 extra, it doesn't bug me none. 8-)
Given the Attack extra is +0, and the +1 version of Affects Others is generally "give this power to me and anyone I touch", I feel it is reasonable.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:52 pm you'd normally need Affects Others to even take Area, but if you're cool with them being lumped into a single +1 extra, it doesn't bug me none. 8-)
Given the Attack extra is +0, and the +1 version of Affects Others is generally "give this power to me and anyone I touch", I feel it is reasonable.
The attack extra removes your ability to use the ability on yourself (which does seem strange since I've not seen anything preventing you from attacking yourself of affecting yourself with your own typically harmful powers), which is what makes it more like the +0 variant of Affects Others where it no longer affects you (which for all intents and purposes are the same extra at that point. You would reasonably need an attack roll to use affects others on someone who is unwilling, making it the Attack extra in effect.)

M&M is weird sometimes.