[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

...I just realized her clothes are probably super messed up right now after walking through all those laser grids. Awkward.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:11 am ...I just realized her clothes are probably super messed up right now after walking through all those laser grids. Awkward.
Eh, unless described otherwise, I tend to assume that invulnerability powers extend to clothing. Otherwise, yeah, awkward. And potentially more than a bit sleazy.
"Your half-elf cleric nearly dodges the goblin's sword blow, but it cuts into her shoulder, and also into the fastener for her chest pieces, revealing milky skin that..."
"Karl, cut it out. We've talked about this. This is getting creepy. 4 damage. I got it."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

:lol:

It probably is best to simply abstract certain things in games.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm Olev's eyes focused on the traps, trying to notice the triggering mechanism, and how to disable them. He adjust his spectacles, which reflect the red light of the lasers.

Perception 25, technology 19
I'm sorry. I thought you were asking about looking at the lasers once you got to them. You're in the big central room. Cindy is over in another corridor. Also, your actions this turn involve fetching the body of your drone and carrying it to some scrap.
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:44 pm
Camus wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm Olev's eyes focused on the traps, trying to notice the triggering mechanism, and how to disable them. He adjust his spectacles, which reflect the red light of the lasers.

Perception 25, technology 19
I'm sorry. I thought you were asking about looking at the lasers once you got to them. You're in the big central room. Cindy is over in another corridor. Also, your actions this turn involve fetching the body of your drone and carrying it to some scrap.
Oh sorry about that, it would be his actions for next round then.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Catsi has said that they've got a lot of stuff on their plate, but they're getting to posts in their games. They've posted in a few other games over the last few days. If there's no Titaness update by this evening, I'll go ahead and take an action for her to keep things moving.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

:D Poor Replica... he springs the traps for you, gets glued in place, and what does everyone do? Run off the other direction to help Cindy...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hahah, I suppose the thought on people's minds were ;"Wait- something actually hurt Cindy?! Holy crap!"

People really should be heading off the other way though, it's not good for us to all group up in one team for a task like this.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think with Hope's armoring ability, she could cover the goo-blasters and gum them up with their own goo.

The hallway being 10ft wide, and assuming about the same in height, each 5ft section, she could armor in a 6inch thick layer for about 100cft (it's a little less since the corners overlap, but for a rough calculation, it's good enough). There are 25ft from the head of the corridor to the end, so if each 5ft distance takes up about 100cft, she can armor up the hall and dash through - if it comes to that. xD

Just a little mathematical prep work in advance for her next turn.

With the lasers though, the descriptor on her armoring is "silvery-prismatic light constructed of hardened psionic energy", so there are a few ways I could see it being handled; like a lens, like flat glass, or like an opposing light source. And none of them would fully block the lasers. The long and short of it is that the armor is not opaque, so light can pass through, but since it produces its own light, it will interact with other light that passes through it, tinting it, diffusing it, etc, but that would be based on the intensity of the light. Lasers are very intense light, and that's without even considering the apparent disregard for physics these lasers already have.

tl:dr - Pretty sure the lasers will shoot through Hope's armor constructs with at most a marginal weakening and will be better suited in the other hallway xD
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

That seems like a very creative solution.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 am "Delay" until after Skoldir, to see what the's doing. Seeing as she's at the bottom of initiative, that'll also just eat up this rounds action I'm pretty sure.
FWIW, there is no initiative right now. I'm just keeping everyone in a round-by-round structure because otherwise, we got into minor time warps last time. :-D But you can choose to forgo your action this round if you want. You start resting. Just nine more rounds to go of that to heal.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Superhumans really are made of different stuff, how on earth a third degree heals within a minute is a mystery. :P

I'm curious as to what Skoldir is going to do, so I'll go ahead and rest this round even if that's eating up time.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Unless I miscalculated, Casti is doing about three rounds worth of things, yeah? I know we're not in combat rounds, but we are still on the clock and need to fill in those rounds of actions ourselves, right?

Also, not sure if Casti forgot about the traps in those walls when she went across to grab/drag Replica.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ah. Yeah, there may be some confusion about who is where. I do have the map updated.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm Ah. Yeah, there may be some confusion about who is where. I do have the map updated.
Mmmhmm, and with movement, it looks like 2 and a half moves to get to Replica, and two and a half back, roughly. And of course, that's through the trap hallway twice.

Timeline wise, Hope was going to armor up the hallway anyways, so by the time she makes her first double move, Hope will have done that and rushed down the hall so she's actually side by side with Replica, and then whatever Replica does on that round.

Round after, Titaness would make it to the trap hallway, which unless something happened to the construct that would break it should still be there so she could move up to us, so that part is fine, and then comes down to the actual interaction of us even deciding what to do (Catsi sort of just decided that we would agree and follow Titaness back, which seems likely, but we lack information that might delay that, considering Cindy is still in a safe spot for the moment)

Kinda my assessment of the situation as it stands. Catsi just sort of skipping ahead a little too fast.