[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm "My precious robots!" Laments Skolldir, who seems more concerned about the droids than his own personal safety. He reaches out to the now scrapped pile of junk each of them are, and takes a shiny blue core, this object he places over the remains of the defeated robots. As they take contact with the new source of metal, the cores glow and what seems like sand seeps out of them and begin to degrade the metal and reform it into the walking mines.

OOC: Picking up as many cores from the downed droids and put them near the source of scrap metal. Those adjacent to a downed robot should recover in 2 turns.
I should have been noting where the fallen were for a situation such as this. I've added icons for where your drones and the robots fell, at least approximately. I think it's going to be about a Move action to gather the scrap or to pick up a drone, a Move action to get to one, and a Free action to drop. So you could probably add scrap metal to the one on your square, picking up the drone and dropping it on top of robot remains.

From the description, there's nothing particularly technical in providing raw materials, so any member of the team could do it.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:58 pmyou've got Hope by Replica instead of Skolldir
Fixed.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sooo, quick question. What can we see from this room? It looks like a hub with 7 hallways attached to it.

Northeast where those cannon markers are
East where we haven't gone yet
Southeast where Skolldir, Giantess and Replica came up
South, which I would bet connects somehow to the straight north path from the first room
Southwest where Tough Stuff and Miraculous came up
Northwest above, where Cindy seems to be indicating she and Miraculous head
and North where that white block is.

Since it seems we've seen whatever the white block indicates, and whatever those cannons and the green block at the end of that corridor are, I'm just curious what we can see of those or if we need to get closer to investigate them.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 pm Sooo, quick question. What can we see from this room? It looks like a hub with 7 hallways attached to it.

Northeast where those cannon markers are
East where we haven't gone yet
Southeast where Skolldir, Giantess and Replica came up
South, which I would bet connects somehow to the straight north path from the first room
Southwest where Tough Stuff and Miraculous came up
Northwest above, where Cindy seems to be indicating she and Miraculous head
and North where that white block is.

Since it seems we've seen whatever the white block indicates, and whatever those cannons and the green block at the end of that corridor are, I'm just curious what we can see of those or if we need to get closer to investigate them.
It has kind of gotten lost in prior posts. In order (assuming the top of the map to be relative North for convenience):
To the east, all you can see is that it slants down to the Southeast.
Southeast, there's a broken door that they came through and an intact one beside it.
South, all you can see is that the passageway immediately makes a sharp turn, although Skolldir might make descriptions of a tumble-dryer.
Southwest, yes, the corridor you came up through.
Northwest, all you got a chance to glimpse is that it goes kind of Northwest, and then North, and looks about as narrow as the corridor you came through before.
North, to the left, the big white block is a huge block of stone that has very small gaps (maybe an inch or so) to each side, and at the top. To the right, there is that wider corridor where the walls have nozzles sticking out of them (the cannon icon was the closest shorthand I could come up with), with what looks like it might be some sort of control panel at the end.

I think that basically sums up what you can see.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Awesome. Thanks for the summary. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cindy is convinced Hope is the smart one, so she just wants her along for the brainy parts. :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm Cindy is convinced Hope is the smart one, so she just wants her along for the brainy parts. :lol:
Well, she fluked out with the lever to get out of the corridor xD I could see how that could be misconstrued as being brilliant xD
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:54 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm Cindy is convinced Hope is the smart one, so she just wants her along for the brainy parts. :lol:
Well, she fluked out with the lever to get out of the corridor xD I could see how that could be misconstrued as being brilliant xD
Oh, the number of times I did that as a child... I'm both one of those people who tests well, and one of those people who tends to first try the doorknob before trying to unlock it, which occasionally left me with an unearned reputation for brilliance for knowing how to solve the problem when really it was a matter of that I hit the obvious solution first.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Just to be clear; Hope would probably disapprove of being dragged carelessly into the death lasers, right?
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 pm Just to be clear; Hope would probably disapprove if being dragged carelessly into the death lasers, right?
^_^ Well, given she's almost on the other side of the room where the fight happened, and had less movement to work with, she probably was not dragged over...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That is a fair assessment... Well, Cindy's never going to learn to not be so Reckless if she doesn't do something suficently stupid without thinking, so I'll fall onto her complication and have her keep going. I take you need a toughness save? :P
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:26 pm That is a fair assessment... Well, Cindy's never going to learn to not be so Reckless if she doesn't do something suficently stupid without thinking, so I'll fall onto her complication and have her keep going. I take you need a toughness save? :P
Yup. One per square you want to traverse. I can calculate several at once if you tell me what you want to be a stopping point.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hrm... Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm sure you're already taking it into account, but damage for her is halved and she has Impervious 7. I'll go ahead and roll...

She should be able to get about twenty feet, so four saves.

10, 27, 27, 18

Erhm... She might not actually even get that far to have all four.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If those lasers are getting incrementally more powerful to where an 18 results in a dazed bruise... Maybe not a good idea to keep moving forward.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The 18 certainly wasnt what I expected to be the one to fail, seems they're getting dramatically more powerful the further down the hallway one gets... That's somewhere close to a Damage 20 laser beam.
------------