[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by Batgirl III »

“No, see, it’s like we learned in physics the other day: speed equals distance divided by time. If the time is zero...” Trinh stopped for a second, puzzled “What’s ten miles divided by zero? S’zero, innit? I never pay attention in math class.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

"What? No, no, you get lighter when you shrink, everyone who shrinks does. You'll hit at a few meters a second. It'll be like accidentally walking into a pole, you'll be fine. Tremor Termite's told me about the time he fell from orbit half a dozen times by now, you're half his size so you'll be fine too. "
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nodding her head in a way that indicates it all makes absolute perfect sense, "See! All you need to do is shinkify and you'll be A-okay."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

At this point, I'm just thinking of the sperm whale and the potted plant from Hitchhiker's Guide.

"Oh no, not again..."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

“What if we throw him thataway...?” Trinh moves her hand latterly, out towards the horizon, “Think we’d win the next Field Day relay race.”
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Note to self- remember to add Safe Fall- attack, ranged (at least as a stunt)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:08 pm "What? No, no, you get lighter when you shrink, everyone who shrinks does. You'll hit at a few meters a second. It'll be like accidentally walking into a pole, you'll be fine. Tremor Termite's told me about the time he fell from orbit half a dozen times by now, you're half his size so you'll be fine too. "
Heaving a sigh and giving a short prayer,Bug would shrink to his full 3 inches as he say to Eve
"Just so you know,if i die doing this i'm gonna come back and Haunt you,i swear...."

I just realized Evelyn and Ernie would have a lot in common: They were both "born in the buisness",they're both trying to find an identity within it....
Suddenly in my head i'm picturing the Interrogation scene from Meet The Parents... :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I'm just enjoying the hell out of the fact that, so far, Ernie seems to have no male friends... Just a bunch of athletic teenage girls with superpowers. (Way to go Ernie!)

Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I'd echo that sentiment, but I don't think there's any particular way in which "Athletic" and "Evelyn" belong in the same sentence as each other.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm I'm just enjoying the hell out of the fact that, so far, Ernie seems to have no male friends... Just a bunch of athletic teenage girls with superpowers. (Way to go Ernie!)

Currently there's only been....Quickly check's submissions list...three other male's and all save (maybe) Hanzo are Emo's with Baggage.
Ernie,on the other hand,is pretty well adjusted to what's going on thank's in no small part to The Albright Institute, which he'd see as "Wierdo Family members"(Like that Dude in the Glass Tube that insistes on being called "Uncle Mr.Mist"....).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 pm Note to self- remember to add Safe Fall- attack, ranged (at least as a stunt)
Yeah, I had this stunt in mind for Hope, in addition to Immunity (Impact) for crashes that aren't falls.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

As an aside to all these shenanigan's,i picked out some theme songs i think might work. Enjoy&I love opinions! :D

GROUP(Team) SONG="Centuries" by Fall-Out Boy

Miraculous(Hope McKnight)="The Sound Of Silence" by Simon&Garfunkle
Express(Phan Thi Trinh)="Time In a Bottle" by Jim Croce
Evelyn Grae="Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo
Neo-Ninja(Hatori Zenzo)="The Man" by Wu-Tang Clan
Titaness(Irene Darrow)="(She's A)Brick House" by The Commodore's
The Bug(Ernest "Ernie" Graystone)="There Ain't No Bugs On Me" by Jerry Garcia
Fortress(Genevieve)="Kung Fu Fightin'" by Karl Douglas
Bio-Hazard(Antony Wilde)="If You Want Blood(You Got It)" by GWAR
Tough Stuff="I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nothing for Hope?
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm I'm just enjoying the hell out of the fact that, so far, Ernie seems to have no male friends... Just a bunch of athletic teenage girls with superpowers. (Way to go Ernie!)

Currently there's only been....Quickly check's submissions list...three other male's and all save (maybe) Hanzo are Emo's with Baggage.
Ernie,on the other hand,is pretty well adjusted to what's going on thank's in no small part to The Albright Institute, which he'd see as "Wierdo Family members"(Like that Dude in the Glass Tube that insistes on being called "Uncle Mr.Mist"....).
Now I feel a little guilty for not submitting psychic boy detective... he's got baggage, sure, but he isn't emo!

Oh, well. There will be other games.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I've quoted both Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" and Pink Floyd's "Time" in my original posts of Express, although on my way to the office this morning Chicago's "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" was playing and it struck me as apropos. Of course, all of these songs are from the Seventies... Maybe Daft Punk's "One More Time" would be a better fit?