[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E OOC] The J.V. Team

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think you grabbed all the important notes for the recap there (Thanks by the way).

I'm good with jumping ahead to the next day, or we could do some casual rp at the pizza place. Josh is still a new kid in school, so the others can poke and prod.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We could do either, but with Camus absent for the time being I'm not sure what would be the best course. Personally, I think I'm leaning more towards a day skip and we can presume all of Fuzz's (very helpful) bulletpoints are things we discussed over food.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Cool. I'll move it forward tonight. People can always insert dialogue in retrospect.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Confession, I'm really not certain how to run a Hero High game. I was thinking about the next arc (I promise, you guys are near the end of this one) and what immediately comes to mind is, well, superhero adventures, and I feel like it runs into this contrived scenario where one has to make excuses for the adults (and Next Gen in general) not being available. I'd like to do more day-to-day high school drama, but the slow pace of PbP makes conversations hard.

So, I guess the question is, what are you guys interested in? Do you want high school drama? Superhero adventures? Class exercises?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

all the above mentioned sounds highschool Heroes to me :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Same here! Honestly, I think you're doing great so far. I'm having plenty of fun just roleplayong as Cindy, though I would like to see her in action too.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, really all of the above. They all work, you can alternate, each story leaning more towards one over the others to keep things varied.

Also consider, regarding why the adult heroes aren't getting involved, a recurring villain that is after us specifically for some reason, operates more under the radar of the adult heroes. Give plenty of potential for sending threats after us depending on the type of villain. Maybe The Clique would be a good group to rival us off against?

Just spit balling ideas. I like the overall group dynamic, a good variety of personality types and powersets (though I think we could support another one or two if you were of a mind to recruit, so long as they are built to mesh such as it were)

I'm certainly looking forward to developing Maverick into the varsatile costumed adventurer I envision him growing into, with lairs, safe houses and caches hidden about, but more of a face out of costume.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mhm. I also have a complication, if you've forgotten Fuzz, that specifically lists Cindy as a target for villains looking to try and convert some students their way. There could be some potential that away in some fashion.

Same with Maverick, he's an enemy of SHADOW due to being a defected clone. They might want to get back at him specifically.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

And just to add the Freedom League is almost certainly watching Irene closely given that she rampaged through them in her initial appearance, and it wouldn't surprise me if some villains wanted to recruit her for her environmental stands or for the fact that a 30+ foot tall lighting throwing giantess that gave the freedom league trouble is a helluva weapon
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'm in Ocean City on a family trip. I will probably get a chance to post evenings, but possibly only that.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

S'all good man, I hope you have fun while you're on it!
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I would be willing to bring in one more person. I mean, it's easy to do the "here's a student you hadn't interacted with or just moved here" but the trickier part is making them part of the team dynamic, although for a high school game, that could be as easy as them simply being assigned to your team, and learning how to get along.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We're kids, people often drift from or towards cliques during these times. That was my experience, at least. I do understand what you mean though, it's tough integrating a new player during an ongoing game when you're not sure how they and the current characters will interact.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Thus my "built to mesh" comment.

I think it would be very easy for someone to make a character to fit in, if it was their eye towards fitting in, and not making something random and seeing how it fit. That's usually where the problems come from.

Our group is already kind of eclectic though. Fringe types mostly. Rebels.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Hi guys, I-ve returned finally, only to caught a nasty flu, so I-m trying to get up to date as my fever allows.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ