[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 pm Finished using the rewarded PP. Another point of Impervious bringing it up to ten- Which I beleive now leabes her flatly immune to damage level 8 attacks. I also added Second Chance (Energy Based Damage), the same advantage she stunted earlier to show that her body has learbed to adapt.
Looks good. :) It means I'll have to work harder to give her physical challenges, but that's no problem.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Meant eight, impervious eight. Not sure why I said ten... Anyhow- Cindy lives for physical challenge! She is quite ready in fact, for it to be brought upon.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 pm Finished using the rewarded PP. Another point of Impervious bringing it up to ten- Which I beleive now leabes her flatly immune to damage level 8 attacks. I also added Second Chance (Energy Based Damage), the same advantage she stunted earlier to show that her body has learbed to adapt.
Looks good. :) It means I'll have to work harder to give her physical challenges, but that's no problem.
Doesnt it work on half the rank though? I thought impervious 8 would give you immunity to damage rank 4 or less.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yes, but Cindy also halves all damage ranks thrown at her.

So rank 8 damage becomes rank 4, which is half of Impervious 8, so is negated.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eyep, as Epic says. The One and only character where impervious actually amounts to something useful. ;)
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 pm Eyep, as Epic says. The One and only character where impervious actually amounts to something useful. ;)
Yeah... but that's a debate for another day. :)
Camus

Post by Camus »

Ok, found some time to get the sheet with the new format, posting it here so you can check if there is any mistakes
Olev Skorg AKA Skolldir

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 122/122

ABILITIES
Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 6, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Edietic memory, Equipment 1 (Technology toolkit, Computer, Bulletproof vest) Extraordinary effort , Imp. Tools, Inventor, Inspire 4, Jack of all trades , Skill mastery (technology), Speed of thought, Teamwork.

Skills
Acrobatics 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise (Technology) 8 (+ 14 ), Insight 4 (+ 8 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 6 ), Perception 4 (+ 8 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 10 (+ 16 ),Treatment 0 (+ 6 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 0 (+ 0 ),Vehicles 0 (+ 0 ).

POWERS
* Fantastiske turbomber (Amazing walking bombs): Summon 6 (Controlled, Insidious, Subtle, Multiple minions 2, Mental link) [45 pp]
* Fantastiske rullestol (Amazing wheelchair) /b] (Removable) [4 pp]
* * Power Name: Flight 1(plataform) [1 pp]
* * Power Name: Protection 4 [4 pp]

DEFENSES
Dodge: 5 (+5)
Parry: 5 (+5)
Toughness: 0 (+8)
Fortitude: 2 (+6)
Will: 5 (+9)

COMBAT
Melee: +0
Ranged: +0
Initiative: +6
Grab: +0 (DC 10)
Unarmed: +0 (DC 15)

Abilities 28 + Skills 13 + Powers 53 + Advantages 13 + Defenses 17 = 120/ 122 pp

Background
Young Olev Skorg was a lively boy. Son of a Norwegian immigrant family, Olev spent his days in his father's workshop. Olev's father was a brilliant technologist working at Claremont academy. He helped the gifted kids with his inventions and found ways to help some live normal lives despite their strange biologies of power manifestations.
Olev was quite fascinated by all this, and it soon became clear he would follow in hi father's footsteps.
Tragically, however, a villain attacked the academy, and decided to strike at Olev's father workshop first. Dr. Skorg was nearly killed and Olev himself was hurt bad. While recuperating the doctors informed Olev's mother that he would never walk again. Dr. Skorg was stable but in deep coma. Olev's genius mind didnt stay in the hospital long, however, and soon was working on the workshop again, while it was being repaired. He built a wheelchair for himself and not any wheelchair. The thing could take to the sky!
Building an army of tiny robots to help him in his work of reconstructing the lost work of his father, he began researching in ways to heal Dr. Skorg. Miniaturizing and nanotech is the way to go, Olev repeats to himself, but this problem has proven the most difficult he has yet faced.
In the meantime, the academy offered him a position to continue the work of his father, and he accepted, without paying too much attention, he needed the funds after all, but his mind was more concentrated on imagining devices and structures than bureaucracy.

Theme; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDB9QxCW1A (its also in Norwegian!)

Complications
  • Family : Olev has a mother and a father, the later in the hospital in coma.
  • Paralyzed : Olev is paralyzed from the waist down and so is bound to his fantastic wheelchair wheelchair.
  • Too smart : Olev tends to think he is the smartest person in the room and is prone to offend people thinking that way
  • Healing papa: Healing his father is one of his main motivations to keep researching on new tech.
  • Not as I expected! : Olev is usually very confident in his plans going exactly as he thinks they will. Much to his surprise reality often throws you a curve ball. On fire! If hurt by more than injured condition, Olev is subject to Affliction 5 (vulnerable, stunned) Will save.

Walking mines (minions) · 90 point/s
Strength -2, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages
Hide in Plain Sight, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)

Skills
Perception 8 (+8), Stealth 8 (+16)

Powers
Machine Body: Immunity 32 (Critical Hits, Fortitude Effects)
Movement: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
Nano-repair: Immortality 18 (Return after 12 seconds; Source: Scrap Metal)
Protection: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness)
Shrinking: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size ranks, -1 speed ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Turret Mode: Damage 6 (DC 21, Advantages: Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover); Accurate 3: +6, Dangerous 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Secondary Effect)
. . Explode: Burst Area Damage 6 (Alternate; DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Reaction 3: reaction, Secondary Effect, Selective; Side Effect 2: always - Explodes)
. . Static charge: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Defenseless, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Extra Condition, Reaction 3: reaction, Selective; Side Effect 2: always - Suffers damage)

Offense
Initiative +0
Explode: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 8)
Static charge: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 13)
Turret Mode: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 8, Will None

Power Points
Abilities -30 + Powers 111 + Advantages 1 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 90
Complications : No manipulating limbs
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Made a small edit on Maverick. Moved his flashlight to the Utility Belt where it should be, and added "Undetectable" so his utility belt and its contents won't show up on x-ray or metal detector scans.

For the X-ray, the material masks the contents and otherwise "blends in" to the x-ray scan so it's basically invisible to it, and masks any metal contents so it doesn't set off a metal detector.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Man, that guy has more gadgets and gizmos then a Swiss army knife. :lol:

Having a Crime Fighter on the team is definitely a good call. Oh- Fuzzy, do you think we'd still be able to see characters such as Hope and the other previously introduced teens as side characters? We might not go on adventures with them all the time if at all, but It'd be fun to see them from time to time when we're at the academy.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"Seriously, how do you get into proper trouble WITHOUT a set of lockpicks?"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:56 amHaving a Crime Fighter on the team is definitely a good call. Oh- Fuzzy, do you think we'd still be able to see characters such as Hope and the other previously introduced teens as side characters? We might not go on adventures with them all the time if at all, but It'd be fun to see them from time to time when we're at the academy.
I will try to mention them from time to time, but honestly, I'm always a bit leery of playing other peoples' characters. I don't think I'm likely to get the voice right.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Hero Points generally don't transfer between adventures, so you're back down to one each. You can earn an additional one by writing up an after-action report in your character's voice.

I need to run off to give blood, but I'll give an introductory bit into the next adventure when I get back.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Writing something like that hurt me on a deep, spiritual level. So I'm pretty sure I nailed it. :D
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Does anyone else have any input on Maverick?

He'll have been around the school, but as a transfer student that was added mid-semester I think, so he's still kinda got that new kid mystique. Personality-wise, he's modeled after the Young Justice version of Robin. He's capable of taking things seriously, but tempers that with a sense of humor, preferring to have fun with what he's doing, figuring a touch of levity is important in tense situations.

He has no powers, but that's evidently not a first for Claremont as there was Elite previously. So while that's not exactly unique, it's probably a bit on the rare side, so maybe a point of interest for other students?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

My fault. I missed that you mentioned Express being there.

I'm just going to run with it.