For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 amTough Stuff

Equipment: 10/10 EP

Alluminim Bat: Damage 4 4
Baseballs: Ranged Damage 3 6
Honestly, this is the only part where I'm sort of looking askance. :) Having a bat hitting with the force of a heavy pistol is a bit odd. Having a baseball hitting with the force a light pistol similarly so. That said, I said I'm not really watching points like a hawk. I'm just curious as to the rationale of these items being that much stronger/deadlier.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She... Has a good backswing? :D

Ahem, if you want me to try to reason it- the average pro players can hit their balls with over 4000 pounds of force. While she's by no means a professional, I imagine she's pretty damn good at it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:53 pm She... Has a good backswing? :D

Ahem, if you want me to try to reason it- the average pro players can hit their balls with over 4000 pounds of force. While she's by no means a professional, I imagine she's pretty damn good at it.
I think it is less a question of overall damage being done, but why the bat itself has such high damage by itself. Pro players all use the same bats but have different results due to training and own arm strength.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

{nods} And she already has pretty decent strength (to continue the analogies to weapons, she's hitting with the same force as getting caught in the area of a rocket launcher). Fortunately, there are similar Advantages. I'm fine with an Advantage of Sports Fighter (+2 to damage when using sports equipment as weapons). It's similar to things like Favored Environment where it's useful, but only as long as your bat holds up. And that way, it doesn't exact as Excali-bat in the hand of a passerby. :-D
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The sample Club and Mace in the Equipment Chapter are both Damage 2 weapons; the difference between two attackers doing different damage with the same weapons would come from their Strength.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Fair enough then, I can make the adjustments as of now.

Edit: And done. Gave the baseball a Richochet effect of one, both to use up that last EP and to... To use that ladt EP.
------------
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

You could alternately make the baseballs Damage 0, Strength-based, Increased Range 3. That'd cost the same amount and get you the old Damage value.

E: Damage 0, STR-based, IR 3, Ricochet 1, AE: Damage 2,STR-based. Five EP, keeps you at Ranged Damage 3 with Ricochet and Close Damage 5.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:36 pm
Maybe Merriweather, in his Gentleman Thief day’s was actually 64 — not 34 — and an Old School villain from the days when supercriminals were more professional, more debonair, and The Game between heroes and villains was more civil. It was about one upsmanship and prestige, not body count. But, he was getting on in years and today’s supervillains were far more dangerous and todays superheroes played The Game by a different set of rules... Stealing the Staff of Tlaloc would be his One Last Job.

The blood sacrifice doesn’t just unlock the powers of the staff when it makes him the new avatar of Tlaloc. It also rejuvenates and restores Merriweather. Like spring rains returning parched dirt into fertile soil... Merriweather is returned to a youthful teenage form.

He’s still got some contacts and connections from his criminal days, so he calls in a few markers and gets a new identity put together. He figures he wants to learn to be a hero and where better for a young gentleman to learn than from the best tutors at a good school?
I actually rather like this idea.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:13 pm
RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am Fortress, Power Level 8
I like the the Anti-Earth background and the concept is good. Maxed out Deception and Setup 3 seems like it could be a bit too good of a combat multiplier at times, but given you don't get the benefit of it yourself in that case, I figure out can work out. I'm a bit more iffy on the Limited Luck. I know you have it to basically allow for the "Toughest one" schtick, but I feel like Toughness us the major use of rerolls. Maybe just Luck 2 (Ultimate checks) to allow you the automatic 20?
With Tough Stuff around, "toughest one" doesn't seem like such a needed niche anymore, so...

If I take away one rank of Set-Up and the Limited Luck, I have 3 more points to play with. What if I put it in one of these configurations:

Brutal - Enhanced Strength 2, Limited: lifting; Tear Through Anything (Weaken Toughness 4, Affects Objects, linked to Strength damage, AE of Combat Training)

Good Student - Investigation 4 (+5), Expertise: Criminal up to 8 (+9)

Lucky - Luck 3, with no Limits. There are Fortitude and Will saves to reroll too, after all, and she might absolutely need to make a Deception check sometime.

Do any of those look good? I'll keep Interpose and Ultimate Toughness, just in case the worst happens.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:33 pm With Tough Stuff around, "toughest one" doesn't seem like such a needed niche anymore, so...
*cough* >.>
Nunya B wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:41 pm You could alternately make the baseballs Damage 0, Strength-based, Increased Range 3. That'd cost the same amount and get you the old Damage value.

E: Damage 0, STR-based, IR 3, Ricochet 1, AE: Damage 2,STR-based. Five EP, keeps you at Ranged Damage 3 with Ricochet and Close Damage 5.
Hadn't thought about making it strength based! You make a good point here overall. I'll play around with what I have later, when I have some free time on my computer.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:33 pm With Tough Stuff around, "toughest one" doesn't seem like such a needed niche anymore, so...
Well, you're kind of assuming Tough Stuff is a guaranteed "in". Don't discredit that Fuzzy may want some options for the "toughest one" niche. The two characters in question come off very differently after all.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I think that must have come off the wrong way. I don't mean that I'm upset, or I think anyone is or isn't a guaranteed submission. I'm just freer to give her some different abilities if there's someone else to provide the immovable object.

Edit: Also, Tough Stuff is pretty great, so being in the same party as her would be a lot of fun too. :D
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

I've updated Merryweather to be more of a teenager.

Edit: Also added a gaudy aesthetic collage.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:27 pm
Plan b wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:38 pm Codename: Bio-hazard
Bio-morph: Variable 2 (free action) • 20 points
I always like to ask with Variables. What sorts of uses are you thinking of here? What do you see as the limitations?
Honestly i going to be fairly uncreative mostly focusing biologically sound (for comics): extra limbs, tentacles, blade arms, streching, wings, stingers, senses, some supermovement maybe some limited immunities and possibly low end mentalist stuff (honestly i may restrict it to a power stunt).

Limit wise i was just going go with my gut, but on the whole i was going with no energy effects and nothing i could justify by changing shape.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Turned the baseballs into: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 0, Extended Range 2 (100ft.), Ricochet 1

I considered doing as Nunya suggested and making an alternate effect for the bat, but I felt like taking a point of ER to make them separate was a better alternative. With he Sports Fighter advantage, her two weapon attacks are a +7 and +5 damage effects, solid but not perfect. Overall, after taking a step back and looking her over, I see a character with a lot of room to grow.
RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm Edit: Also, Tough Stuff is pretty great, so being in the same party as her would be a lot of fun too.
Thank you! Fortress looks really solid herself. ;)
------------