Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:52 pm

yeah, great writing, I enjoyed reading it a lot. Ill give doc and bill a few more days if they want to get their characters points of view in before moving along.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:42 pm

Naw man, Flynn did a perfect job without me adding any input myself. I'm fine with just letting it sit how it is.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2494
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:41 am

I really liked the idea of Dai Jin 'wielding' soldiers as spear and shield.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:35 am

Im back! IC has been updated, and I want to award MrGuffin and Fynnarel with a HP for the narrative. You can now try to get creative again to affect the course of battle.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 am

Welcome on back! Hmm, seems we've been pushed back into a bind. Dai Jin might want to try a more risky maneuver herself to push back the assault, or maybe try to lead some of the men into some urban guirlla warfare...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

McGuffin
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by McGuffin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 am

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 am
Welcome on back! Hmm, seems we've been pushed back into a bind. Dai Jin might want to try a more risky maneuver herself to push back the assault, or maybe try to lead some of the men into some urban guirlla warfare...
Sounds like something Kuro would be down, he thrives on hit and run combat.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Nick Holt/Noise, in Claremont Academy: The Delinquents.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Guerrilla warefare is a cool idea. I guess Kuroi and Dai Jin will team up for this one.
What would Yahata and Soyokaze do?

Also, times of war are also times when heroes rise, would you like to have more teammates? I could open recruiting for a couple more people, seeing Kama and Akihito are gone for good now.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:31 pm

That could probably be a good idea. Admitedly in the middle of a fight is a bit awkward, but we'd need to pick up a couple more Warriors eventually.

Hmm... I think Jin could either leadbor assist with an Attack roll, while Kuroi leads or assists using stealth? Aside notes for said wayward heroes; I think we could have our archers be led by the ex-Yakuza into rooftop positions so that they may fire upon our foes, which would still help us net a high-ground.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:31 pm
That could probably be a good idea. Admitedly in the middle of a fight is a bit awkward, but we'd need to pick up a couple more Warriors eventually.

Hmm... I think Jin could either leadbor assist with an Attack roll, while Kuroi leads or assists using stealth? Aside notes for said wayward heroes; I think we could have our archers be led by the ex-Yakuza into rooftop positions so that they may fire upon our foes, which would still help us net a high-ground.
Akihito has not returned from his assignment. You can only expect the worst.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Ahh, that'd make sense then in the end.

Alright; if Jin and Kuroi are to partake of some guerilla tactics, we should first decide on who's taking the lead. We both have +8 in the fields relevant, making the decision a bit harder.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:17 pm

My proposition for your move is that you can ambush and kill the invading siege battalion using guerrilla tactics in the streets of Owari, reducing Imagawa's army vitality by 1, if you succeed a dc 25. Kuroi seems like the ideal Aid, providing stealth and escape to your attacks. Roll an attack check (or swordsmanship, but the bonus is the same).
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:35 pm

18

That's gonna end up a fail even with a good assist from Kuroi, ashamedly.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2494
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:57 pm

Soyokaze could consult on this risky maneuver; he would have offered suggestions on the proper timing, position, and numbers for your success. He's suggestoins aren't tactical, their more feng shui and energetically-grounded, putting your troops in line with the celestial heirarchy.

Onmyoji (The practice of Lucky directions):
Inspire 5, Leadership, Luck 4(Activating Advantages only)

Spend 1 for Inspire 5 on whatever my companions are planning to do. He'll regret the inevitable loss of life but he knows so many more people will die should the invaders not be repelled.

That gets Jin part of the way there, we'll still need an assist.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:57 pm
Soyokaze could consult on this risky maneuver; he would have offered suggestions on the proper timing, position, and numbers for your success. He's suggestoins aren't tactical, their more feng shui and energetically-grounded, putting your troops in line with the celestial heirarchy.

Onmyoji (The practice of Lucky directions):
Inspire 5, Leadership, Luck 4(Activating Advantages only)

Spend 1 for Inspire 5 on whatever my companions are planning to do. He'll regret the inevitable loss of life but he knows so many more people will die should the invaders not be repelled.

That gets Jin part of the way there, we'll still need an assist.
Wow awesome save there Fynn, I thought it was a lost cause already =D
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2494
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 pm

Well, it does take the action of three people to accomplish the -1 toughness. :-/

Given the difficulty and the boldness might it also lower their attack?
"Something pithy this way comes."

Post Reply