Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Post by Camus »

Good posts guys! Answering Bill's question: The minutes are estimations that anyone can make. Yahata could use his expertise to assess the chances Imawaga sends his horsemen or not. If he sends the cavalry, you will reach the temple roughly at the same time that the horsemen arrive. Otherwise you can go check the temple and have time for a getaway.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Question in advance: How would attempting to unhorse a mounted soldier be handled?

For reference, Hama can get the entire party up to speed rank 7 for the approach and getaway. I believe that beats the pants off most everyone's movement options.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:33 pm Question in advance: How would attempting to unhorse a mounted soldier be handled?

For reference, Hama can get the entire party up to speed rank 7 for the approach and getaway. I believe that beats the pants off most everyone's movement options.
Actually a good idea B! If we can get there fast enough,we might be able to desern what happened exactly.

BTW Camus;Just how close are you sticking to History on this?Nobunaga's fate is unknown.It's ASSUMED he died at the Temple as Mitsuhide Akechi claimed...
Camus

Post by Camus »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:33 pm Question in advance: How would attempting to unhorse a mounted soldier be handled?

If he takes damage he needs a ride check to keep from falling. You could also try to kill the horse.

Also, before it turns into a problem, do try to keep Hama not as offensive to everyone else in the future please. I know she is impetuous and demanding, but calling everyone fools is not going to do
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Actually a good idea B! If we can get there fast enough,we might be able to desern what happened exactly.

BTW Camus;Just how close are you sticking to History on this?Nobunaga's fate is unknown.It's ASSUMED he died at the Temple as Mitsuhide Akechi claimed...
Akeichi is presumed to have killed him years from now. That said, your characters can assume he died or not, it would seem likely from your perspectives IF he was there.
So replying to your question, pseudo historical yes, but not Strict
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Soyokaze running to the temple and ignoring everyone else made me laugh out loud. Also Akihito mention of him as ojiisan made me chuckle. (Also noticed Yahata sentence structure where he places Hama last with emphasis, very anime like). Seems I'm not the only anime fan out there
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Camus wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:22 pm If he takes damage he needs a ride check to keep from falling. You could also try to kill the horse.

Also, before it turns into a problem, do try to keep Hama not as offensive to everyone else in the future please. I know she is impetuous and demanding, but calling everyone fools is not going to do
Great, thank you for clarifying.

Hama will indeed be calming down once she, well, calms down. She's currently very angry at Nobunga for getting his ass kicked before he made her famous and is lashing out since she can't very well take a missing and/or dead man to task.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Big damn(dumb) heroes it is then!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I'm already loving having this giant reservoir of fatigue to burn off. Power stunt everything!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:38 am Big damn(dumb) heroes it is then!
I'd like to think of us as "Recklessly Brave"...:D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I also like the dynamics the group is already showing:
Dai Jin: comes off as "Ms.Common Sense",trying to keep us from doing recklessly brave stuff (like we just did).She was probably selected for the group by Nobunaga due to not only her combat experience,but also due to her being able to keep the Group "On Task"(Most of the time,at least... :D )

Soyokaze: Acting as the Moral center of THE 6 VIRTUES, "Ojiisan"(As Akihito will constantly think of him as) tries to ensure that we don't forget what's "Right" over what's "Honorable".Nobunaga probably selected him for the group so,if they did get into heavy combat,he wouldn't lose any of his "Virtues"...

Hama: She's the most powerful of the group in terms of shear(?) Damage output and she knows it.I can see her getting along well with Akihito the best,as they come from slightly similar commoner backgrounds(though i also see her becoming good friends with Dai due to their no frills attitudes).From what i can figure,Nobunaga put her here to both put her to better use and to keep her away from the enemies she made amongst his Cortesan's...

Hiruma "Hanta(Hunter)" Akihito: He's the Ranged Support of the party,probably filling the same role as Hama,only from farther away.Due to his background,he was probably placed with the group as a Peacemaker amongst all the powerful personalities(and,having worked with a group beforehand,could get them to "gel" better)He'd be closest to Soyokaze(as he'd consider him the grandfather he never knew) and Hama(see her entry to find out the reasoning)....

Kuroi Kiri:He's our resident Scout/Assassin(as Akihito's built more for ranged sniping),and he's not afraid to get "dirty" doing his duty to Nobunaga-sama.He also act's as the counterpoint to Soyokaze,being more pragmatic in his outlook.Slapped into the group to keep anyone from knowing about his yokai nature(as Nobunaga would lose face if anyone but the retainers &old Priest knew he was associating with the Yokai that Rampaged through his lands)....

Yahtah:Here's our resident "young" mook sweeper and combat coordinator, making sure we use our abilities to the utmost in combat.He also act's as a bit of comic relief,keeping us from falling into dispair over our "issues".Nobunaga probably placed him in the group to see if he could live up to his claims of Divinity...

Anyway,these are my opinions ,so take it for the grain of salt it's worth...
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Camus wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:10 pm Yahata could use his expertise to assess the chances Imawaga sends his horsemen or not. If he sends the cavalry, you will reach the temple roughly at the same time that the horsemen arrive. Otherwise you can go check the temple and have time for a getaway.
Sure, I'll do that. Considered rolling, but I'll play it safe and take 10 with Skill Mastery for a total of 20.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:44 amAnyway,these are my opinions ,so take it for the grain of salt it's worth...
I like it, I think you read pretty well into character interactions and dynamics. :D
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems accurate to me too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I'm loving the character analysis!

Perception roll: 6, which should still be good for finding anyone not in hiding with their blood still in them out to 60ft since "person in plain sight" is DC 0. Presumably the fire has caused dehydration, or Hama's half-assing looking for anyone not Nobunaga. I can narrate once I know the results.