Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus »

Waiting on Yahata and Dai jin to post before moving all the stories along, sorry for the delay guys. Anyone heard about Nunya?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He's been missing in a few other games as far as I can tell, no explanation as far as I know.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Okey, NPCed Nunya B to the sidescreen for now. Update posted
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know,i've noticed an intresting Dynamics forming within the group: It seems Akihito is the general leader whilt Yahata works as the Strategist/Court Liaison.Then there's the intresting threesome of Dai Jin/Akihito/Hama at play(which was completely unintended on my end!).Add in the "Odd Couple" of Kuroi and Soyokaze and you have an almost "Ancient Road Trip"-like feel to it....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Or you could be reading WAY too much into things but whatever floats yer boat. Just sayin'.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gonna have to go with Flynn here bud. Dai Jin is just not that into him. ;)
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 am You know,i've noticed an intresting Dynamics forming within the group: It seems Akihito is the general leader whilt Yahata works as the Strategist/Court Liaison.Then there's the intresting threesome of Dai Jin/Akihito/Hama at play(which was completely unintended on my end!).Add in the "Odd Couple" of Kuroi and Soyokaze and you have an almost "Ancient Road Trip"-like feel to it....
I like the ancient road trip reference, but seriously you might be in need of company of the female variety there my man
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Not all your characters are Casanova, Macyn. :P
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:22 am Not all your characters are Casanova, Macyn. :P
I know,but i can always dream... :lol:
Camus

Post by Camus »

As the siege is approaching wanted to talk about the war dynamics that I have thought about.
Basically each army will have a few attributes:
Attack: Is the chance to inflict a strategic blow to the opposing army (much like attack bonus). It can be affected by strategic advantages, like a breach in a wall, a secret weapon, attacking from elevated terrain.
Defences: Is the chance to avoid a strategic blow from the opposing army (much like active defences (parry and dodge) bonus). It can be affected by strategic advantages, like reinforced walls, soldiers training, terrain advantage.
Resistance: The ability of an army to push aside a sticky situation without too much loses (much like toughness bonus). It can be affected by healing availability, high morale, or special effects.
Vitality: This represents how much skirmishes can an army lose before being defeated completely. In the case of a defending army, like the one in Owari, their vitality is represented by Defense walls. If the last wall is destroyed, the enemy can flood the castle and the final showdown, all or nothing with the PCs would be set. In the case of the army performing the siege it is represented in siege squadrons. If the attacking army runs our of siege squadrons, it will be defeated, and Imagawa will flee.
Morale: Morale is like luck, a capricious lady. Morale can be affected by special effects, and the bonus number represents an inherent resistance to morale changes. If an army fails a morale check, it will not be able to attack that round. Morale is not attacked normally. Each time an army suffers a lose of vitality, a morale check will be required. Additional morale attacks can be performed using special effects.

So what the hell are special effects?
Well, special effects are basically those side quests you are already performing. They allow you to affect the armies basic statistics, and also perform morale attacks. Soyokaze's special mission allowed him to reinforce the army's resistance. If Akihito is successful in his, he will lower Imagawa's army defence. Yahata and Daij Jin actually made some of these options available, as not only PCs can perform special missions, NPCs can as well. Nobuhide will roll persuasion to get the aid of Saito Dosan, which can actually counter a special mission that Imagawa is making to enlist the aid of the Takeda caln. Hama will try to convince the water spirits to reinforce the city's defences as well.

You will also be able to perform special missions during the siege, but those will work a little bit differently.

So? exciting?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Very interesting way to handle this!

How many opportunities will PCs have to affect this? 3 opportunities for the three days?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Post by Camus »

I think you can have a chance each to affect the course of the battle on each "turn". But, if you each take a different special mission, keep in mind that you might be spreading too thin for success. You will of course count with the aid of NPCs, but if you spread your efforts too much you might end up with no bnus whatsoever.
Examples are good:
Say Akihito wants to infiltrate behind enemy lines and sabotage their trebuchet. If he goes alone, it is likely that if he faces any opposition he will be forced to flee or be captured. However, Kuroi might give him be enough to time to destroy the siege engine.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Re: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Post by McGuffin »

McGuffin wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 pm Here's the crunch on Kuroi Kiri or just Kuro for short. Edit: I've started writing out more of a background for Kuro.

Kuroi Kiri

Abilities
Strength 4/8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Evasion, Great Endurance, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Magic 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8)

Powers
Brutish strength
Enhanced Strength 4

Invulnerability
Impervious 4 on Toughness, limited - not against blessed or magical weapons

Mist form
Insubstantial 2, linked to Flight 5 (60 mph)

Eyes of darkness
Senses 2 (darkvision)

Defenses
Dodge 4+4=8
Parry 0+8=8
Fortitude 0+8=8
Toughness 0+8=8 (Impervious 8)
Will 5+3=8

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed Attack +8, Close, DC 23 Toughness

Power points
Abilities 62
Skills 13
Powers 32
Defenses 9
Advantages 4
Total 120

Complication
Loyalty (Oda Nobunaga) - the priest bound Kuroi Kiri’s true name into an charm and gave it to Oda Nobunaga for safe-keeping, making the daimyo the yokai’s master. With Nobunaga’s disappearance, Kuro is motivated to find him to serve him if he still lives and to recover the charm before anyone else can seize it if he has died.

Heart of darkness - despite seemingly being tamed by the daimyo, Kuro is a savage yokai that delights in death and destruction.

Kuro is a being cloaked in shadows, his face hidden behind a white mask and taloned hands reaching out from under his clothes to rend his foes apart.

The rhythmic jingle of the old priest's staff seemed to echo in the daimyo's hall as he lead the way. "Wise and powerful Oda Nobunaga, I have brought before you this yokai that plagued your lands and hunted your peasants. This charm holds the spirit's true name and thus power over it. Use it wisely to bring redemption and peace to your lands."

The retainers watched with baited breath as the yokai slid forward like a roiling fog coming in, the light glinting of it's white mask as the single focal point in the cloud of darkness. Oda Nobunaga alone seemed unfazed, plucking the charm from the old priest's hand and stepping toward the darkness. The spirit recoiled and the mist spread, but soon reformed into a humanoid shape with some faint wisps the only hint to the black cloaked figure's true nature. Kuroi Kiri bowed his head to his master and awaited his orders.

The bandit cleaned his blade on the clothes of the last merchant to fall, his fellows gathering around the caravan to inspect their bounty. Strewn all around them were the traders and their hired guards, cut down where they stood in the ambush. As the chief of the outlaws started to bark orders to his subordinates, none noticed the black mist flowing out from under one of the carts. "Is this all of your men? It would be troublesome to have to hunt down any others if my bait was a waste."

The bandits spun around in unison, the malevolent voice bringing a cold sweat to the backs of their necks as they clutched their weapons nervously. In their midst stood a black cloaked figure, with a white yokai mask baring it's fangs out from beneath the hood. Suddenly the mask blinked and yellow eyes shone from the hollow pits of it's eyes and the men began to scream as they realized it was no mask at all.

The closest two swung their weapons into the attacker, only for them to swirl through the inky black as though they'd just tried to cut through chilly morning mist. Kuro lashed out with his clawed hands, his fingers suddenly having elongated into monstrous scythes as he cut down the nearest men with ease.

Kuro stood over the mangled bodies of the bandits, admiring his handiwork. "Nobunaga-sama should be pleased. I've dealt with the bandit problem just as he instructed." The black mist flowed forth from the forest, leaving only death and destruction in it's wake as it flew to report to it's master.
Last edited by McGuffin on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

It's an intresting way to do Mass Battles,but i have a question: How would you do stuff like my Arrow Volley(keep in mind that ALL trained Archers at the time frame could do this,i just happen to have magical arrows) or The Oda Army's Riflemens Stagger Fire technique(While the British won an Empire with it,Nobunaga was the first to Deploy it in the field.Watch the Movie Zulu to get what i'm asking)?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Individual battles and skirmishes like what you propose will be special missions. You can attempt to make a surprise combat manoeuvre and hit the opposing army morale. You would need a strategy check to actually allow the mission
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ