Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by McGuffin »

Kuro's Stealth: 1d20+8 10 to assist. And with a roll like that I'll spend that shiny new Hero Point to Reroll: 1d20+8 10, at least the reroll makes that a 20 to assist.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

McGuffin wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm Kuro's Stealth: 1d20+8 10 to assist. And with a roll like that I'll spend that shiny new Hero Point to Reroll: 1d20+8 10, at least the reroll makes that a 20 to assist.
Did you count the +5 from Inspire? Also, it's DC 10 to give +2 I think which is the bare minimum. If you use the reroll, a 25 gives +5 to assist (I think) which is a 23 on Jin's final roll vs. the 20 your first roll would aid her to. Is that worth the HP for you?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... 18+2(assist)+5(inspire) Would make it 25, which meets the DC set for us exactly. Anything more while healthy padding, I believe would ultimately be an unnessary addition.

Still! It's a success irregardless. Since you provided narration before, I'll do my best later tonight to try and match up. Teamwork saves the day! Or at least, helps to prolong it...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Indeed
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 pm Given the difficulty and the boldness might it also lower their attack?
Might be asking for too much, taking 1 vitality from the enemy army is a great feat on itself.
Still, Yahata might accomplish something on that regard on its own, godly, right.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Personally, I'm waiting for a good opportunity to take a fight correctly to their leader himself yet I wonder if Yahata on his own could deal some blows... Might be best done as a team oriented fight encounter however.
------------
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

So I have an idea about what I'd like to do, but I need to know how it would work with the battle mechanics. I'd like to use Extra Effort to power stunt one of the following off of Yahata's Strength damage (7 PP):
Groundstrike: Burst Area 2 Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone; Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Distracting, Limited to targets on the ground*); 4 PP
LINKED TO
Environment 2 (Impede Movement: 2 ranks, 60 feet radius; Distracting, Permanent); 2 PP
OR
Fearsome Show of Strength: Visual Perception Area Affliction 7 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Attack Impaired, Attack Disabled; Limited Degree, Selective, Distracting); 7 PP
The problem comes in how things like Fatigued and Distracting work here. Distracting can be described as Yahata putting himself in a vulnerable position; he could have a negative modifier to his next action, be denied his next move entirely, or some other consequence. Not sure how the Fatigue from using Extra Effort would apply here where our movement speed isn't much of a factor. And then would I also want to roll something here, such as either my Strength rank or the power rank?

* If "Targets on the ground" isn't worth being Limited in this scenario (since most of the targets are probably on the ground anyway), I could change it to a -1 PP Quirk and drop the ranks from 8 to 6. This would change the Affliction's cost from 4 to 5 PP.

EDIT: Wanted to add that everyone's posts are really great, players and GM. I'm going to have to try to step it up!
Camus

Post by Camus »

Well in the case of fatigued, while the slow wont be a big problem, if Yahata keeps accumulating degrees, like exahusted, and beyond, he could be incapacitated.
As per distracted, I like your suggestion of loosing his next round of actions.
Of course you could use a HP to deny the fatigue.

Beyond that, what would you attempt to do with your new power? Would you try to demoralize the invading army? Destroy the roads s that their mobility is impaired? If you do not want any "combat" related power you could do the same using your STR and rolling that.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Oh, if I can use Strength to try and demoralize the army without using Extra Effort to power stunt, I'll do that (unless power stunting in this case provides an advantage). I'm trying to avoid spamming Expertise: Warfare since I feel like I've used use it enough leading up to this point. I'll started a post that I'll have up tomorrow; I've got a nasty cold right now though and can feel the NyQuil kicking in.

Demoralizing Show of Strength: 1d20+7 21

Not bad! Hopefully enough to do something.
Camus

Post by Camus »

That doea indeed hit.the dc of 21 ! Feel free to narrate your close success
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Cool narrative!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Whistles

I'm certainly impressed myself. Nicely done out.
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

Holy cow! You guys are putting my narrative to shame! I can only hide behind the "I'm not a native English speaker" excuse so much. Anyways, the enemy is demoralized, loosing 1 morale.
I'll update the siege soon
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

(Neither am I ;) )

I've also been greatly enjoying everyone's writing in this game.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Just FYI, I'm heading out-of-town this weekend. My internet access/availability will be spotty.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Another great narrative Fyn, my offer for your rolls and description is the following:
Given that you are using the device you created and that you are targeting both friend and foe with it, both armies will be restored the ammount of people that died last round, rising 2 Owari vitality, and 1 Imagawa vitality. But since this healing is temporary, the effect will wear off, and the soldiers will be incapacitated again in 3 siege rounds.
Dai Jin will have no effect on this round per her failed roll. Not a bad idea though, if someone wants to pick it up.
Still waiting for Kuroi and Yahata.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ