Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Post by Camus »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:37 am My idea for it was that the weapon would not just appear in his hand, it would have to travel from wherever it is, flying in dove form. If someone else was holding the weapon or otherwise preventing it from moving freely, it can't come to him. Being able to see the weapon wasn't something I was thinking of, but it doesn't seem to matter much if Camus feels summoning it wouldn't be appropriate for a Device.
Summoning would also work, the thing is that it would not be an easily removable device. It is a matter of costs I think. You original dove idea is great, you just need to pay a little extra for it as it efficiently cuts down the disadvantage of an easily removable device.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

McGuffin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm I've started writing out more of a background for Kuro.
creepy :shock:
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:34 pm
McGuffin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm I've started writing out more of a background for Kuro.
I'm glad it had the desired effect. ;) He's not supposed to be a nice guy, although I'll have to work a bit more on his potential to be more then just the boogeyman he is now, maybe even some kind of redemption?
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Camus

Post by Camus »

McGuffin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:03 pm
Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:34 pm
I'm glad it had the desired effect. ;) He's not supposed to be a nice guy, although I'll have to work a bit more on his potential to be more then just the boogeyman he is now, maybe even some kind of redemption?
Interesting
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Updated character list on first post. Still going thought the math of the characters, but havent found any issues so far. Still have Yahata and Kuri to check. Also theres another character from Ronin forum that has to be posted here.
Im aiming at starting the game sometime next week.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Loki

Post by Loki »

Test
Attachments
K-OS PA.jpg
K-OS PA.jpg (91.31 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Sebastian.jpg
Sebastian.jpg (74.93 KiB) Viewed 662 times
K-OS.jpg
K-OS.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Last edited by Loki on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:49 am, edited 63 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

1) Welcome Loki, to the Echoes and i hope you have lots of fun here! :D

2)Intresting take on the "Yankee In King Arthur's Court" gimmick.Out of curiosity,what was his original objective/orders from the Empire for being this far East of the Roman lines?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Very interesting bunch we have here, overall I think! Wondering how best they'd fit...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:48 pm Very interesting bunch we have here, overall I think! Wondering how best they'd fit...
I'm rather curious myself on that,Doc.Mostly,it looks like we have spirits&Ninja's with only two Bad-Ass Normals with Gimmick's the minority....
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

The way I see it, we've got three general plotlines that could be followed and that'll be likely to decide group composition.
Team "FInd The Boss" would be those loyal to Nobunaga looking to find him and resume serving / assisting him.
Team "Kill The Boss" would be those out for Nobunaga's head.
Team "We Have a Boss?" would be those following a completely unrelated line of adventure in the turmoil after Nobunaga's disappearance.

The general thrust from characters submitted so far seems to be a mix of pro-Nobunaga and Nobunaga-neutral sentiments with one vehement anti-Nobunaga. Though, I say that without reviewing the character sheets.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Hmmm... this might be kind of cheesing the system, but what if I built the War Dove as an actual Minion/Sidekick? Its powers look something like this right now:
Bird Size: Shrinking 8 (Permanent, Innate); 17 PP
Works With Hachiman: Enhanced Trait 6 (Improved Initiative 6, Limited to Initiative check no higher than Hachiman's); 3 PP
Wings: Flight 4 (30 MPH, Wings); 4 PP
Weapon Forms: Morph 2 (Archaic Weapons, Side Effect 2: Paralyzed) Linked to Variable 2 (Free Action, Limited to Archaic Weapons, Side Effect 2: Paralyzed); 18 PP
The Initiative bonus ensures that War Dove will always be at the same Initiative as Hachiman. As part of the Variable, it would gain Damage effects with Affects Others Only, passing on those effects to the wielders (it could also gain or lose ranks of Shrinking to match the appropriate size of the weapon). The Side Effect renders the War Dove paralyzed, only good to be wielded as a weapon by someone else until it returns to bird form.
Loki

Post by Loki »

I am very excited to play, though the 2 posts per week feels like it might take us 8.6 years to escape the first combat. If I lure with my supplies of evil cookies (twice the sugar, thrice the guilt), would that possibly up the rate of expected/offered posting? :)

Note: For full disclosure, PBP/RPGs-wise I am a seasoned vet, but I have never played Mutants & Masterminds before, and fully understand if you shun neophytes in your midst.
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 pm1) Welcome Loki, to the Echoes and i hope you have lots of fun here! :D
Thanks so much Macyn, I appreciate the warm welcome :mrgreen:
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 pm2)Intresting take on the "Yankee In King Arthur's Court" gimmick.Out of curiosity,what was his original objective/orders from the Empire for being this far East of the Roman lines?
My thought was to leave that vague in order to adapt him to the storyline, or give the GM room to toss me about like a chew toy, if I was chosen.

Should that not be necessary/needed, and it is up to me to fill in the blanks, then I was going to have him learn that he was sent to die horribly, and that his death had been ordered. Mission 2: Burn down the Holy Roman Empire.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 am Hmmm... this might be kind of cheesing the system, but what if I built the War Dove as an actual Minion/Sidekick? Its powers look something like this right now:
Bird Size: Shrinking 8 (Permanent, Innate); 17 PP
Works With Hachiman: Enhanced Trait 6 (Improved Initiative 6, Limited to Initiative check no higher than Hachiman's); 3 PP
Wings: Flight 4 (30 MPH, Wings); 4 PP
Weapon Forms: Morph 2 (Archaic Weapons, Side Effect 2: Paralyzed) Linked to Variable 2 (Free Action, Limited to Archaic Weapons, Side Effect 2: Paralyzed); 18 PP
The Initiative bonus ensures that War Dove will always be at the same Initiative as Hachiman. As part of the Variable, it would gain Damage effects with Affects Others Only, passing on those effects to the wielders (it could also gain or lose ranks of Shrinking to match the appropriate size of the weapon). The Side Effect renders the War Dove paralyzed, only good to be wielded as a weapon by someone else until it returns to bird form.
I was actually going to suggest exactly that, not only because it might actually fit thematically but because I was toying with that same idea for another game he he. Go ahead, I like it
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Loki wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am I am very excited to play, though the 2 posts per week feels like it might take us 8.6 years to escape the first combat. If I lure with my supplies of evil cookies (twice the sugar, thrice the guilt), would that possibly up the rate of expected/offered posting? :)

Note: For full disclosure, PBP/RPGs-wise I am a seasoned vet, but I have never played Mutants & Masterminds before, and fully understand if you shun neophytes in your midst.
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 pm1) Welcome Loki, to the Echoes and i hope you have lots of fun here! :D
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 pm2)Intresting take on the "Yankee In King Arthur's Court" gimmick.Out of curiosity,what was his original objective/orders from the Empire for being this far East of the Roman lines?
My thought was to leave that vague in order to adapt him to the storyline, or give the GM room to toss me about like a chew toy, if I was chosen.

Should that not be necessary/needed, and it is up to me to fill in the blanks, then I was going to have him learn that he was sent to die horribly, and that his death had been ordered. Mission 2: Burn down the Holy Roman Empire.
2 per week should be the minimum, if people get bananas, I'll try to follow suit.

Holy Roman Empire as in the Germans right?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Loki wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am I am very excited to play, though the 2 posts per week feels like it might take us 8.6 years to escape the first combat. If I lure with my supplies of evil cookies (twice the sugar, thrice the guilt), would that possibly up the rate of expected/offered posting? :)

2 per week should be the minimum, if people get bananas, I'll try to follow suit.

Holy Roman Empire as in the Germans right?
More than likely the actual Roman Empire.They DID have an Empire at the time(true,it was just Italy,but by the standards of the timeframe,it was considered an Empire),though their borders were MUCH farther West.So much so that i'm suprised Loki's Submitted character made it this far East at all.....