The Bushidō code is typified by seven virtues:
Rectitude (義,gi)
Courage (勇,yuu)
Benevolence (仁,jin)
Respect (礼,rei)
Honesty (誠,sei)
Honor (誉,yo)
Loyalty (忠,chuu)

I'd say we do pretty well for ourselves.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by MacynSnow »

McGuffin wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:15 pm Hmmm, I'd say

Soyokaze would be Benevolence, Compassion. ("They help their fellow men at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, they go out of their way to find one.")

Yahata would be Righteousness. ("Believe in justice, not from other people, but from yourself.")

Kuroi would be Honor. ("Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. Decisions they make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of who they truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.")

Akihito would be Heroic Courage. ("Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. A true warrior must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is living life completely, fully and wonderfully. Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong.")

Dai Jin would be Duty, Loyalty. ("Warriors are responsible for everything that they have done and everything that they have said and all of the consequences that follow. They are immensely loyal to all of those in their care. To everyone that they are responsible for, they remain fiercely true.")

Hama would be Honesty. ("When warriors say that they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they say they will do. They do not have to 'give their word'. They do not have to 'promise'. Speaking and doing are the same action.")

I'm mainly going off of Wikipedia and obviously the characters don't fit perfectly into these and there is overlap and interpretation as they weren't made specifically with these concepts in mind. But at least I got something interesting to think about out of it.
I tend to agree with this assessment,on the whole. While my intention was to just call us something cool sounding&theme appropriate(you gotta admit,it IS a cool sounding name.It'd also be something that Nobunaga might call them,as he was very big on Pomp&PR...),we DO tend to fit these rather unintentionally... :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

And we're all Respect.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hey, works for meI'd say.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm And we're all Respect.
"Old man, I'd rather my legend be believed. If you keep lying about me like that everyone will think I'm just the product of senile ramblings."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nunya B wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm And we're all Respect.
"Old man, I'd rather my legend be believed. If you keep lying about me like that everyone will think I'm just the product of senile ramblings."
Good Point. Several of us... okay, a few of us are Respect. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Shame I can't roll 20's on all my my checks, but that doesn't make for good story now does it? :roll:

Let's see just how long she's to remain lost with this man who is totally and absolutely our missing lord.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I think Dai jin needs to spend a little more time eith Akihito Hunting,it'll build up that Perception of her's....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We can't all be secret hanyou, Mr. Wolf ears. ;)
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 am We can't all be secret hanyou, Mr. Wolf ears. ;)
"i WISH i was a hanyou,but i just trained my Eyes and Ears by hunting Wolfpacks near our home..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

:lol:

It is good of us to have a some actual, normal humans around, even if yokai and hanyou act as this setting's "superhumans".
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:17 am :lol:

It is good of us to have a some actual, normal humans around, even if yokai and hanyou act as this setting's "superhumans".
Well remember,DC and Marvel both had their "regular Joes".Ok,one was a rich boy wearing too much Green and the other was an antagonist Carnie worker,but there were other's afterward i swear!...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Really Bill?Your putting YOUR TRANSFORMING BIRD in charge if you have to go 'Rescue' us.... ;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I love it, it really fits with his character.
------------
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:11 am Really Bill?Your putting YOUR TRANSFORMING BIRD in charge if you have to go 'Rescue' us.... ;)
While INT - means she can't make decisions, it also means she doesn't make bad decisions. Unlike most of us.