Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm Ahh, so its not like a forrest trail at all then. I admit thats what I was picturing.
Me too,but i still think it's a more viable plan than the other two right now,at least untill we get to a fork or something...
Camus

Post by Camus »

Tomorrow I'm off to a week long trip for work, on a ship in the middle of the sea, so I will have not internet connection. See you later boys and girls
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 am Tomorrow I'm off to a week long trip for work, on a ship in the middle of the sea, so I will have not internet connection. See you later boys and girls
Have fun,Camus! Don't "Rock The Boat" too much. :lol:
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Camus wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 am Tomorrow I'm off to a week long trip for work, on a ship in the middle of the sea, so I will have not internet connection. See you later boys and girls
Hope you have a good trip.

In the meantime, that leaves the rest of us with a week to just role-play.
@Bill From Accounting: Does Jingu have blood when in dove form? This is actually important, since it'll shape Hama's opinion of Jingu and thus Yahata.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gonna blood bend his bird eh? That's pretty rude. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 am Gonna blood bend his bird eh? That's pretty rude. ;)
*brings out Old Lady from The Princess Bride.Holds microphone up to her....*
BBBBBBAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
*lowers microphone.Pays her money,then helps her off stage...* :lol:
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

@ Nunya B: Hmmm... I would say Jingu doesn't have blood. She's basically a magical item, which has the benefit of being able to look and move around like a bird when not in use. If Jingu is ever "injured", she sort of leaks divine/magical energies rather than bleed. Most of the time, however, Yahata does treat Jingu like a real bird.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Have a fun and safe trip Camus! :)
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Just to let everybody know,Akihito told everyone what happened to his Village,i just wrote it in a Flashback sequence...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahhh, I obviously didn't catch that. Thanks for clarifying!
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:28 pm Ahhh, I obviously didn't catch that. Thanks for clarifying!
It's an old style of writing that has the Protagonist telling the story to the other characters,but the Reader's get to see what happened in Flashback.It went out of "style" when the Noir stories stopped being so popular.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

To be fair, I see it done more often then youd think. In this instance I just didn't catch the drift.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You know, we seem to keep calling ourselves the Six Virtues- but how many of those do we actually represent?
------------
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am You know, we seem to keep calling ourselves the Six Virtues- but how many of those do we actually represent?
Hm.
Well.
Uh.

Hey, at least we've got Courage!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Hmmm, I'd say

Soyokaze would be Benevolence, Compassion. ("They help their fellow men at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, they go out of their way to find one.")

Yahata would be Righteousness. ("Believe in justice, not from other people, but from yourself.")

Kuroi would be Honor. ("Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. Decisions they make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of who they truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.")

Akihito would be Heroic Courage. ("Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. A true warrior must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is living life completely, fully and wonderfully. Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong.")

Dai Jin would be Duty, Loyalty. ("Warriors are responsible for everything that they have done and everything that they have said and all of the consequences that follow. They are immensely loyal to all of those in their care. To everyone that they are responsible for, they remain fiercely true.")

Hama would be Honesty. ("When warriors say that they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they say they will do. They do not have to 'give their word'. They do not have to 'promise'. Speaking and doing are the same action.")

I'm mainly going off of Wikipedia and obviously the characters don't fit perfectly into these and there is overlap and interpretation as they weren't made specifically with these concepts in mind. But at least I got something interesting to think about out of it.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.