Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
PL 8

ABILITIES:
STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS:
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 4 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Expertise: Magic 4 (+4), Expertise: Warfare 10 (+10), Insight (+2/+10), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Bows 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Sidekick 12 (Jingu), Skill Mastery (Expertise: Warfare), Takedown, Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Former God: Enhanced Trait 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 6 (Aging, Cold, Disease, Heat, Poison, Sleep; Limited to Half Effect), Leaping 1 (15 feet), Enhanced Strength 1 (Limited to Lifting, Lifting STR 8; 6 tons), Protection 1, Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds), Speed 1 (4 MPH); 10 PP

War Master: Enhanced Trait 4 (Insight +8, Limited to Assessment and Opposing Feints/Tricks), Feature 1 (Use Expertise: Warfare bonus in place of Deception to feint and trick in combat); 3 PP

Jingu Link: Feature 1 (Yahata has a mental link with Jingu); 1 PP

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 7, DC 22)

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7, Parry +7
Toughness +9/+8*, Fortitude +8, Will +7
*Without Defensive Roll

Abilities 56 + Powers 14 + Advantages 25 + Skills 14 + Defenses 11 = 120/120 PP
JINGU

ABILITIES:
STRENGTH -3, STAMINA -, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -

SKILLS:
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+6), Stealth (+10)

ADVANTAGES:
Move-by Action, Improved Initiative 6

POWERS:
Dove Size: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidation, +8 Stealth, +4 Dodge, +4 Parry; Permanent, Innate); 17 PP

War Dove: Flight 4 (30 MPH; Wings), Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 4, Regeneration 1 (Recovers at a normal rate), Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Low-light Vision); 41 PP

Weapon Forms: Morph 2 (Archaic Weapons; Move Action, Side Effect 2) Linked to Variable 2 (Move Action, Limited to Archaic Weapon Forms Only, Side Effect 2); 14 PP

Yahata Link: Enhanced Trait 6 (Improved Initiative 6, Limited to Initiative checks no higher than Yahata's), Feature 1 (Jingu always knows Yahata's general location); 4 PP

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2/+26*
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage -3, DC 12)
*With Yahata

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8, Parry +6
Toughness +4, Fortitude Immune, Will Immune
*Without Defensive Roll

Abilities -24 + Powers 76 + Advantages 1 + Skills 5 + Defenses 2 = 60/60 PP
BACKGROUND:
The Empress Jingu, while pregnant with Hachiman, led a fierce campaign against the forces that took her husband. Fearing the birth of her son would slow the army’s advance, she tied bandages around her belly and held him in the womb for three years until the war was done. Finally, as eight banners descended from heaven to herald his birth, Hachiman was born. He was trained by his mother in the art of war, learning to embody all a warrior should be. Temperate, but fearless. Deadly, not ruthless. Respectful to enemies and allies alike. Hachiman understood that war cannot be stopped, so he learned how war should be.

Amaterasu, the adored, benevolent Goddess of the sun, came to Hachiman on his thirteenth birthday. Impressed by the young one, Amaterasu gifted Hachiman with a magical item; it had the ability to transform into any weapon of the time or take the form of a dove. Hachiman named this dove after his mother, Jingu. Every year afterwards, Amaterasu would return to Hachiman to see if he had retained his code, and gift him with another dove. When he came of age, Hachiman accepted Amaterasu's offer to serve as a general in her conflict against her jealous brother, Susano-o, the bringer of storms. Hachiman left home, and became the God of War.

Hachiman served Amaterasu faithfully for centuries. He taught warriors that they can be honorable, can treat enemies with respect, that they can retain their humanity. Hachiman believed it was the humanity of the gods that appealed to mortals, that made them love and worship him. Should Hachiman ever lose that, then he would be no warrior. He would only be war.

Whether it was the darkening nature of war that changed Hachiman or he that changed war is unclear. But overtime, Hachiman came to see war as a harbinger of death and misery, of orphans and widows, of safety. It was brutal and bloody, lacking all mercy, stripping away humanity, leaving only violent souls. One fateful day, Hachiman committed an act that brought great dishonor to both himself and Amaterasu. Ashamed of what he had become, Amaterasu took away Hachiman's godhood and reverted him to the age he was when the two first met, hoping that he might learn a lesson and atone for his act. Hachiman would have been stripped of all his power and centuries of experience, but before being cast out he managed to preserve some of his godhood in his first dove, Jingu.

With strength greater than any mortal man and knowledge in warfare that belied his age, Hachiman took the name Yahata to conceal his true identity. Although he does not remember everything from his long lifetime, he knows what he once was, and now travels with Jingu on a quest to once more become a god and stand at Amaterasu's side.

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Yahata is determined to regain his full godhood and once more stand in the Shinto pantheon as Amaterasu's general.
Mortal Concerns: Yahata often underestimates the threats of mortals or risks that would kill lesser men. Even without his full power, he is overconfident in his strength.
I'm Older Than You!: Part of Yahata's punishment when losing his godhood was to become a teenager. Since he has lived for centuries, he becomes frustrated when others don't take him seriously.
Secret: Yahata keeps his identity as Hachiman, the God of War, a secret. Those that know the truth may wish to kill him for glory, or blame him for the tragedies of conflict.
Power Loss: Jingu contains the last vestige of Yahata's godhood. Her destruction would rob him of his remaining power.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:06 am, edited 12 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What does the mental link with War Dove allow him to do?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:19 pm What does the mental link with War Dove allow him to do?
I'm personally of the thought that it'd be similar to Dane Whitman's(Marvels The Black Knight) old link to the Ebony Blade....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:23 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:19 pm What does the mental link with War Dove allow him to do?
I'm personally of the thought that it'd be similar to Dane Whitman's(Marvels The Black Knight) old link to the Ebony Blade....
OK. But what does it let him do?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:30 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:23 pm
OK. But what does it let him do?
Well,with Dane it originally let him teleport either the Blade to himself or vis versa,but he had to have time to do the latter.It also somehow prevented anyone but himself from touching it(which is why for Blood Wraith they had to use an Alternate Reality Ebony Blade)...
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I've started writing out more of a background for Kuro.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Bill from Accounting

What exactly it allows I was going to discuss with Camus if he got picked. The main thing I'd like for it to do is let Yahata reconfigure the Variable without having to actually hold the weapon. I'd also like to be able to recall the weapon to hand if nothing is otherwise restricting the weapon's movement, but that's probably one thing two many for one Feature.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:05 am
What exactly it allows I was going to discuss with Camus if he got picked. The main thing I'd like for it to do is let Yahata reconfigure the Variable without having to actually hold the weapon. I'd also like to be able to recall the weapon to hand if nothing is otherwise restricting the weapon's movement, but that's probably one thing two many for one Feature.
If i were Camus,i'd honestly let you do the second one over the first,as being able to adjust the Variable without touching it seems a bit overpowered to me.Now the weapon recall bit would be fine with me....But i'm not the GM in this,so my opinion means diddly squat. :)
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

At first brush, changing your weapon's Array without touching it is less problematic if you still can't use the weapon without holding it. Then again I haven't looked at the what the weapon itself does.

Returning Weapon to User, on the other hand is a genre trope to be sure but it also essentially a Removable Device into... well a non-Removable Device I guess. At worst it would take you an Action to return the weapon to you and outside situations like losing a weapon that allows you to Fly mid-flight, that wouldn't affect you much.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Calling it to hand is no longer Easily Removeable. Not even sure if that counts as Removeable.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm
Calling it to hand is no longer Easily Removeable. Not even sure if that counts as Removeable.
Note that he said "...if nothing is otherwise restricting the weapon's movement...." which,to me,mean's line of sight.So if he can't see it,he can't summon it.... 8-)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

That's not how Thor's Hammer works.

If he can summon it from anywhere then it's a Complication or Quirk at best.

Edit: we'd need an example of what he means. If he, inside a building, could summon it and it would loop around to find an entrance, even coming down a chimney to fly to him, that's different.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 pm That's not how Thor's Hammer works.

If he can summon it from anywhere then it's a Complication or Quirk at best.

Edit: we'd need an example of what he means. If he, inside a building, could summon it and it would loop around to find an entrance, even coming down a chimney to fly to him, that's different.
That's true.Hey Bill,care to give us an example?
Camus

Post by Camus »

I'll say that if he can call it, but mundane binding could preventIt from reaching you it can be a feature of a removable device (not an easily removable). Otherwise it would be a (not innate) power not a device.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Bill from Accounting

My idea for it was that the weapon would not just appear in his hand, it would have to travel from wherever it is, flying in dove form. If someone else was holding the weapon or otherwise preventing it from moving freely, it can't come to him. Being able to see the weapon wasn't something I was thinking of, but it doesn't seem to matter much if Camus feels summoning it wouldn't be appropriate for a Device.