Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Wish you luck with that. Do you want me to roll something in preparation as well, or are you planning on a more extensive role play once she got to wherever she was off to?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 pm

Alright, update posted.
Doc, yes you can role play and roll something as you see fit.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Still waiting on Mancy to do his thing but we can advance the rest a bit.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 am

Flynnarrel wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 pm
Soyokaze inspects the avenues of approach. The old man proposes a three stage means of blocking off one of the avenues of approach. It starts with a perfectly smooth stone incline starting gradual then getting steeper and steeper. Littered throughout are pustules filled with a textile-only acid that can eat through cloth and leather readily and pit wood and eventually can compromise even metal. Any touch will expel their contents in a wide burst. And though it will not harm living flesh, the hiss and steaming from their garments will make even the most hardened soldiers shriek and if forced to press on they will be naked after only a short time. About a third of the way in, at a place of sharp incline, they discover the final countermeasure - a slime coupled with an application of chaotic wind fu in rolling horizontal cylinders which renders footing precarious, but it is no ordinary slime. It more closely resembles the secretions of a toad, the very touch of which is a short-acting long-lasting stunning agent. The near-naked folk should succumb then be blown down the incline, sliding to spread the slime even further to those struggling behind them. Like this but with more nudity.

It would constitute a loss of assets (armor, clothing, and maybe some weapons), morale (hard to fight while naked), and time (slow and futile approaches) for the enemy.

What Soyokaze didn't say, but likely obvious, was that the roiling wind would keep their own archers from capitalizing on the enemy's nakedness and the slime is deliberately designed to be non-flammable.
first roll was 5 on the die, using HP for reroll.
OOC: Alchemy: 1D20+11 = [16]+11 = 27
OMG I was thinking about the same thing the moment you mentioned slime in your post hahaha! Brilliant. So. Very. Japanese.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Holy cow! I'll be updating soon. I guess I was unconsiously waiting for Mancy and then forgot. Sorry about that.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Ok, sorry for pushing a little bit forward. I think everyone had a chance to affect the mass battle already, so Imagawa will be laying siege to the Oda now. Make any last minute rol play at your leisure, you can assume that you see the marching army and the horns and whatever you like to embellish your posts. I'll describe the siege in more detail after your posts.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm

You can try to roll something if you wish to try and cure the ailment of the young noble Finn.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2313
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:03 pm

"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Bill from Accounting » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:20 am

Would Expertise: Magic be an appropriate enough skill to try and guess why the tengu would be helping Imagawa, if that is in fact what they were doing.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Bill from Accounting wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:20 am
Would Expertise: Magic be an appropriate enough skill to try and guess why the tengu would be helping Imagawa, if that is in fact what they were doing.
Perhaps not why, but you could discover how could Imagawa enlist the help of tengus.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Hm, that's right, we don't actually all know he' a yokai himself. I'd forgotten that aspect. Campus, would I know of any other high-value targets they may've tried to assassinate/sabotage/etc.?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Well, you all know of the strategists and other family members that were at the Tiger's meeting room.

Also, I like the idea of the inquisitors, one of you could spend a HP to edit scene and make that a thing. They would do the job of protecting the targets and sweeping the city. Be sure to narrate that accordingly.

Also, I would like to press to the siege next, Mancy seems to be away for good, regretfully, so there's no point in waiting for him. We could recruit other potential players after the siege, fresh heroes born from the conflict itself. What do you think guys?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2313
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Camus wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm
Well, you all know of the strategists and other family members that were at the Tiger's meeting room.

Also, I like the idea of the inquisitors, one of you could spend a HP to edit scene and make that a thing. They would do the job of protecting the targets and sweeping the city. Be sure to narrate that accordingly.

Also, I would like to press to the siege next, Mancy seems to be away for good, regretfully, so there's no point in waiting for him. We could recruit other potential players after the siege, fresh heroes born from the conflict itself. What do you think guys?
He said He'd be gone until Nov 23rd.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2313
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:42 pm

And toward that end. I have out of country holiday travel plans from Dec16th to Jan 1st. Opportunities to contribute will be spotty or non-existent.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Camus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:40 pm
Camus wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm
Well, you all know of the strategists and other family members that were at the Tiger's meeting room.

Also, I like the idea of the inquisitors, one of you could spend a HP to edit scene and make that a thing. They would do the job of protecting the targets and sweeping the city. Be sure to narrate that accordingly.

Also, I would like to press to the siege next, Mancy seems to be away for good, regretfully, so there's no point in waiting for him. We could recruit other potential players after the siege, fresh heroes born from the conflict itself. What do you think guys?
He said He'd be gone until Nov 23rd.
Oh, ok then, we can wait a little more
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply