Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by Nunya B »

And then they printed the Cyclops Helm.
For 5.6k gp what the fuck were they smoking?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I like how it says "choose your result", as if you weren't going to pick anything other then a 20. :lol:

Never seen this item before, and to be fair this looks to be a module specific item. My main GM has complained recently how items like this some instantly become creditable to anyone the momment they get added to the database, which I can related to. Exibit B) Crown of the Kobold King
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:15 am Dude is a one man archery batallion...
Problem is,i take a negative on each attack equal to the number of Targets to all my attacks.So my awesome +11 range attack got a -12 hit to it,so i'm hitting for -1 each time(with Fly's Inspire 5,i'm +4 to hit instead) so it's a case of Quantity over Quality.

It also helps that i know a lot about Medival Warfare due to my Dungeons and Dragons obsession. :D

Did you account for range penalty?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:59 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:15 am Dude is a one man archery batallion...
Problem is,i take a negative on each attack equal to the number of Targets to all my attacks.So my awesome +11 range attack got a -12 hit to it,so i'm hitting for -1 each time(with Fly's Inspire 5,i'm +4 to hit instead) so it's a case of Quantity over Quality.

It also helps that i know a lot about Medival Warfare due to my Dungeons and Dragons obsession. :D

Did you account for range penalty?
Yep,that's why half my rolls were so bad...
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Bad rolls don't account for the range penalty. You're using a Ranged Damage 5 effect, so it has a range of 125/250/500 ft. The enemies are roughly 400 feet away, so the range penalty is -5. But you will benefit from Soyokaze's Inspire, which offsets the range penalty with the +5. So in the end, all your rolls will stay as they are.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:48 pm Bad rolls don't account for the range penalty. You're using a Ranged Damage 5 effect, so it has a range of 125/250/500 ft. The enemies are roughly 400 feet away, so the range penalty is -5. But you will benefit from Soyokaze's Inspire, which offsets the range penalty with the +5. So in the end, all your rolls will stay as they are.
Like i've said so much recently:Quantity over Quality.All we need to honestly need do is either Unhorse them of briefly Route them,giving us enough time to get us & anyone else into heavy treeline and to Owari...
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

It might be a moot point, Camus seems to want strict initiative order and Akihito is next to last. By the time his turn comes around, a bunch of his targets will likely be gone and he'll have people in his line of fire blocking a big Multiattack unless he wants to pop our melee types in the back.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 am It might be a moot point, Camus seems to want strict initiative order and Akihito is next to last. By the time his turn comes around, a bunch of his targets will likely be gone and he'll have people in his line of fire blocking a big Multiattack unless he wants to pop our melee types in the back.
Oh,but that may not matter a Hill of Bean's honestly....
Precise Attack(Ranged:Cover) allows me to ignore anything that constitutes "cover"(which our Redshirts and melee-minded buddies technically count as:D )

Multiattack let's me either "Walk my Shots"(you know,the type of junk you see in a John Woo Gunfight movie) or "Spray and Pray"(which i unfortunately did).If i angle my Recurve Bow at 25 degrees,i can technically double all my ranges(Basically i'm letting Gravity do my work for me,adding both range AND force to the shot) to 250/500/1000 ft....only problem is that i won't be able to hit anything under 500 ft untill either next round or i drop my bow(this was the main reason many Generals during this timeframe placed their Archers in the Back of their lines).

Let's also not forget that we may have a Suprise Round on these guy's,as my Eagle Vision might've let me see them first...

All this regamerole maybe a moot point like you said,what with Camus wanting a strict init order&me being last in line for the potential Suprise round....
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:50 am Multiattack let's me either "Walk my Shots"(you know,the type of junk you see in a John Woo Gunfight movie) or "Spray and Pray"(which i unfortunately did).
There's been this slow-running debate on if Multiattack's "arc" is inherently Selective, and apparently they've clarified in a reprint of the hero's handbook that it's not Selective unless you pay for it to be.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:00 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:50 am Multiattack let's me either "Walk my Shots"(you know,the type of junk you see in a John Woo Gunfight movie) or "Spray and Pray"(which i unfortunately did).
There's been this slow-running debate on if Multiattack's "arc" is inherently Selective, and apparently they've clarified in a reprint of the hero's handbook that it's not Selective unless you pay for it to be.
What about the Precise Attack(Ranged:Cover) advantage? Wouldn't Allies in Melee count as "Cover" for it's purpose?If so,then i can ignore them and still hit the target(s),thereby not hurting anyone i don't want to....
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 am What about the Precise Attack(Ranged:Cover) advantage? Wouldn't Allies in Melee count as "Cover" for it's purpose?If so,then i can ignore them and still hit the target(s),thereby not hurting anyone i don't want to....
Asketh thine GM. I don't even know if Camus will be using the new clarification, honestly.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

We're waiting on the NPCs right now, right?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Yes I'm trying to muster the time between caring for my sick dog, should have some time today to finish the update (between poop cleaning and what not)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Aaaww, poor doggo, hope they feel better soon. Indoor poopscooping is not fun for anyone involved.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Having taken care of Dogs for....90% of my childhood,i can sympathize.Hope your Doggy get's to feeling better.What breed you got?