Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Surprise.
HP: 3>2
-------------

Dave spins his razor in hand several times, a vaguely annoyed expression on his face. "Come on, tagging up on that dork? Your fight's with me, keep yourself focused."

He move's on, bringing his weapon sideways towards Blackbow's face. Yet Dave doesn't look to see if he actually managed to connect, and instead looked towards the sorceress who's been giving everyone trouble this whole time. Frankly, it was getting pretty damn annoying, she should've gone down awhile ago yet that magic barrier of hers was keeping people at bay. Well, maybe it was time to bypass that barrier entirely.

Continuing on it's downward path, he thrust his hand full force into his own shadow while stretching his senses, focusing. To the bewilderment of anyone now watching her, his hand suddenly sprouts forth from the ample amount of shadows her chest provided. With a simple twist of his fingers the blade flipped, and he promptly plunged the blade towards a non-vital area of her exposed stomach.

Dirty move or not, if it was effective, it's damn well going to be effective.
Standard: Attack on Blackbow: 16 DC 23
Hero Point: Villainous Feat (Extraordinary Effort)
Extra (Extraordinary) Effort: Powerstunt, Surge!
--Shadow Tag: Perception Ranged Attack 10, Penetrating 10, Limited: Usable shadows on target, Requires Held weapon
DC 25
I'll likely be blowing though another HP in the next round, because this was a very screwy and exhaustive maneuver.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Magenta
Image
HP:1
OKay, Rave needs to go down. That uppity TW@T can ...
Maggie shook her head to clear thoughts of revenge on Rave; that wasn't the best use of her time and power. She concentrated on targets that her powers could really affect.

She focused on Orion, Black Bow, and any foe near them.

She took any metal on her opponents and bent it slightly or even sometimes grossly. High-tech Javelins couldn't extend, weapons couldn't deploy much less fire. Possibly even armored plates would be shifted out of alignment and not provide protection or even fall off. What do you think all that'll do? What a waste!
Move Object, Area-Burst, Selective, Range- Perception, Limited - Magnetic objects, Feats: Subtle, Precise PR 10
Using Precise to disable metal objects in Burst.
Tech: Disable: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

So, whatever the GM thinks I can affect (Precise Metal Move Object in Selective Burst Area), whatever a roll of 27 can disable.

DC20 Perception check to see that the mousy blond in the prison outfit is the cause of it all.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Snowblind
HP: 0; Condition: Bitter Freeze
Image

Jen felt the soundwaves vibrate through her ice slide milliseconds before it was turned into an ice slushy by Rays obnoxious voice. She shrieked in a combination of exhilaration and fear as she was sent flying through the air and then as she tumbled she spotted one of her prior ice slides from her earlier patrol and her shriek turned to mocking laughter as she aimed for it and landed with both feet and took off again while laughing hysterically.

Gods she loved this stuff.

her power cant beat that so her ice slide shatters and she goes flying

Snowys gonna blow her hero point because faceplanting the grass just doesn't have any dignity to it

shell edit the scene and produce a prior ice slide and just keep going.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:26 am

Tsalmaveth:

"Come on, tagging up on that dork? Your fight's with me, keep yourself focused." He said as he brought his weapon sideways towards Blackbow's face. Yet Dave doesn't look to see if he actually managed to connect, and instead looked towards the sorceress who's been giving everyone trouble this whole time. Continuing on it's downward path, he thrust his hand full force into his own shadow while stretching his senses, focusing. To the bewilderment of anyone now watching her, his hand suddenly sprouts forth from the ample amount of shadows her chest provided. With a simple twist of his fingers the blade flipped, and he promptly plunged the blade towards a non-vital area of her exposed stomach.

Blackbow instantly pulls his head back, easily avoiding the razor. "If you were a threat to me I might." He says as he catches sight of your secondary attack. "Course it looks like you're not giving me your focus."

Medea cries out in shock, confusion and then pain as Tsalmaveth's hand springs forth from her ample bosom and slashes through her stomach nearly causing her intestines to fall out. She then falls to the ground unconscious and bleeding heavily.

OOC wrote: The attack on Blackbow is a miss, although the attack on Medea hits thanks to Perception range.

Medea's Toughness (no force field): _: 1D20+0 = [7]+0 = 7…..ouch. That's a critical failure for her so she's Dying at this point.

--
Now for Magenta's turn.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:35 am

Oni catches sight of the fine work of the shadowy infiltrator and exclaims "Omedeto degozaru, Tasmalev-dono!"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:38 am

Magenta:

Given the fact that both men were engaged in their part of the fight, both Blackbow and Orion are again surprised when they feel an unseen pull upon their custom weapons. The two men's efforts ton tuck and roll clear of the attack do them little good and both of their weapons are damaged the magnetic storm.

Orion quickly scans the battlefield, his eyes settling upon the little blonde girl in the orange jumpsuit giving him the "evil eye", correctly coming to the conclusion that she is the guilty party.

OOC wrote:At this point I'll say that Blackbow & Orion are the only ones that can be hit by Magenta's attack (and honestly the only ones who could be messed up the most by it).

Blackbow's Check: _: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10, that's a fail for him.
Orion's Check: _: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23, and a fail for him. So that'll be interesting.
I'll rule that Blackbow is way to distracted with fighting both Geotek & Tsalmaveth to try and figure out who is responsible, but Orion isn't.

Orion's Perception: _: 1D20+16 = [14]+16 = 30, oh yeah he figures it out.
--
Geotek's turn.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:32 am

GeoTek
Image
HP: 0; Condition: Fine (Fatigued at end of turn)

Nathan's eyes go wide behind his helmet as he sees Medea abdomen open up and she collapses on the ground.

He doesn't even think, he drops quickly down and lands over Medea's prone body, providing cover for the fallen villain.

He looks at his gauntlet hand and the armor shell begins to morph like liquid. When it finally completes, there are four small tubes at the end of his knuckles.

After Psimon nearly died on a mission, Nathan had been sent with Hypnos to steal the plans of an advanced nano-medical device. He didn't fully understand the technology because bio-tech wasn't his bag, but he was ordered to memorize the plans so he could create the device at will.

A lot of mice died from him trying to perfect it. And Psimon was very grateful when he was able to save Medusa on a mission.

He points the tubes down over Medea's wounds and a hissing noise emits from his gauntlet. On a microscopic level, millions of tiny robots flood the wound and begin repairing the injury.
Move action to land and provide cover for Medea
Extra effort to power stunt Nano Healing (Healing 10, Persistent)
Healing check: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
That is three levels of success, so one stabilizes her. I assume she is also Staggered. So it also removes a Bruised.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:11 am

Rave:

See how things have been stacking up against her allies Rave decides to start being a team player. With a wave of her hand both Black Bow and Orion disappear from sight.

OOC wrote: First off I'll address Geotek's Healing - it does indeed revive Medea & take off one of her Bruises. Nice RPing man, take an HP for that.

Now Rave's turn. She's using Hide People & Things: Concealment 3 [auditory & visual] (Extra: Affects Others, Area [Burst] 2, Selective); (Flaw: Resistible by Will)

--
Medea's turn now.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:38 am

Medea:

Medea's eyes open as her hand instinctively go to where she'd been injured, checking to see if the injury had been some kind of fever dream she'd dreamt. Upon seeing Geotek kneeling next to her and the rest of the fight still ongoing behind him she mutters something in Greek under her breath that sounds like some kind of a curse (the explicit type specifically) before muttering something else in Greek as her fingers dance through a complex pattern only she understood. "We are leaving the brute! If Stratos wants him so damn badly let him collect him!" She says in English as she and all of her allies begin glowing.

Before any of you can react the members of the Crime League disappear into their glowing auras and from sight and space in the span of a heartbeat.

OOC wrote:At this point I can see how this fight is going & I'm ready to wrap it up. Everyone gets an HP.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:46 am

GeoTek
Image
HP: 2; Condition: Fatigued

Nathan's eyes Stare at Medea as she wakes up and breathes a sigh of relief. When she begins chanting, he quickly becomes concerned he will be punished for his good deed. Her word only partially alleviate that concern, as it could be a trick. He presses his hand down where she was laying on the ground to verify she is gone.

Looking around with his sensors, they all appear to be gone. He stands and his gauntlet returns to it's original shape.

"Looks like they rabbited."

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 am

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 3->4 ~ Luck: 4

Cat skids to a halt when Rant vanishes with a flash, no longer pursuing Snowblind. Turning a circle with her gun out before her, Cat comes to realize the enemy has gone a sighs, holstering her weapon as she makes her way back to the clearing the battle had started in. She pauses, feeling a bit ill at the splash of blood next to Geotek that she certainly did not want to ask about it. She'd feel better not knowing.

"Well, that's good. Glad the big guy opted not to get involved, or that could have gotten messy. Is everyone else okay?" she looks over to Red and Curare in the magic bubbles, figuring the others will be better suited to free the two from that mess. "So..now what?" she looks over at Grendel. "Wanna go for a ride, big guy?"
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 am

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Neutral, Exhausted.
HP: 3
-------------

His blood froze the moment he saw just how truly effective his attack had been, his mind instantly flashing to the last time he had inflicted a similar wound. Another woman, that time. Blonde hair, beautiful gentle baby blue eyes. Eyes that were locked open wide in shock, staring up and past him as he stood over her, his normally immaculate suite stained a deep rust red. It was meant to be a clean cut, a quick slice to deliver a painless death.

He missed.

By the moment he had realized that their enemies had left, he had been staring at the thin drop of blood which traced along the very edge of his blade. It dropped, splattering onto the cuff of his arm, staining his immaculate suit once again.

Dave broke out of his trance long enough to draw the red cloth he leapt in his shirt pocket, and carefully wiped down the razor. It was his choice to not bother commenting that Geotek had taken the time to save the woman he had nearly killed.

"If you can keep him calm, I can take him back up to the plane."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 am

GeoTek
Image
HP: 2; Condition: Fatigued

"Wild animal with insane strength confined on a plane with big loud jet engines and random turbulence? Be quicker to just blow up the plane ourselves."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:04 am

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Neutral, Exuasted.
HP: 3
-------------

"He's getting in there one way or another. You just need to figure out how to keep him calm."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 am

Image
RED DEATH
HP-1 Condition-Bruised 1

Moving his shoulder where the arrow had struck him earlier(Alex just KNEW there was a bruise there), RD said to Geotek as he passed by him
"While that was very Noble of you to aid an obvious enemy my Friend,it was also very foolish.She WILL return with her fellow Crime League members angrier than ever and seeking bloody retribution for her near death..."

Placing a gauntleted hand on Tsalmaveth's shoulder as he passed,Alex whispers to his friend
" just remember your Shakespeare my friend;
The Web of our life is of a mingled
yarn, good and Ill together...
"

He starts checking his canisters as he heads to Maggie and Grendel,saying aloud
"...and how fare's my Beauty in all this? Uninjured,i hope...As for the Current problem of our large friend here,a strong enough Dose of Paralytic gas will keep him asleep for several hours."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply