Maggie giggles.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity sips her juice and watches the others, Jen, Dave, Alex and Maggie as if they were some kind of acting troupe putting on a performance. If there had been popcorn at the breakfast table, she would have been munching at that.

She spares a glance towards the reticent guy who she can't recall if he'd mentioned his actual name. He'd not talked much, or shared much. Just something about a suit. That Genki Oni guy hadn't said much either if he had any powers, but that might have been a language barrier thing. Suit guy (Geotek) definitely seemed like he was holding back.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek

Nathan looks on at what could be a scene from a bad Animal House sequel in total bewilderment.

How did these juveniles ever qualify as villains?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:55 pm "Shadowportation is the safest way to travel, more people die in horrific plane crashes then they do getting lost through the shattenwelt every year."
The young woman nodded over at the man whose chair had vanished. "As long as you don't charge like he does, we oughta be okay."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Leaning back in his chair, Alex becomes all-business asking Wainwright(as his hand idly tries to fall instinctively onto one of Maggie's)
"How long 'till it gets here? It'll take me 3 minutes to kit up,10 minutes to check my nozzles & tanks, and 20 minutes to re-ignite my Gas, as it goes Dormant after 24 hours....."

"You'll have plenty of time to prep your equipment on the transport." Wainwright replies.

Not really paying much attention to the details, Oni finishes his meal, and looks up. "Wainwright-dono, I require my Katana to yumi, sword and bow. Mōshiwake arimasen, but I cannot promise a live bakemono." he states plainly, not like someone describing their intentions or desires, but rather like someone explaining a fact about nature itself, that simply is, whether the speaker wishes it or not.

"Those items will be returned to you here shortly, as will any other unique equipment any of your teammates possessed at the time of their incarceration."

Maggie's face is impassively pleasant through Alex's words, as if a mountain were Canadian and mildly interested in what was said around it. Otherwise she seems lost in her thoughts and didn't hear him. "Will we be given communication devices? My... outfit had one when I was... uh... before." she says tentatively.

Wainwright's head nods once. "Yes, or if there are those among you who have such devices already will be given the frequency so that you can make adjustments."

"I could get us there in a few minutes, depending on just how big a leash you're giving us and just where the hell we actually are right now." Dave boasted, itching to actually take full a dive through the shadows once again.

"Unfortunately Mr. Wavaski, your ability to cross distances without actually having to move through them doesn't possess the range needed." Wainwright says dryly.

“I don’t suppose it would be possible to get copies of Mr. Bailey’s medical history?”
Madame Curare asked, spreading a bit of butter on a single slice of toast. “Allergies, pre-existing conditions, any previous major surgery. If Mr. Bailey had an arthroplastic procedure, then Ms. Kane could possibly cripple him with a snap of her figures.”

Again Wainwright shakes her head. "Again, Kessellkorp has been very uncoroperative in sharing any information about Mr. Bailey."

"So...costumes, or is orange the new black?" Asked Jen while she cause a small snowflake sculpture to grow in her hand looking at it for a second like it were the neatest thing ever before setting it on the table near the remains of her completed meal.

"Yes, your costumes will be returned to you when the unique gear is brought in." Wainwright says, a hint of irritation in her voice, though what exactly is the cause isn't obvious to any of you. "If you all will excuse me for a moment I will see what the hold up is in doing that." She says as she makes her way to one of the other other doors in the room, leaving the group alone for the first time since arriving. The following conversation is a mixture of curiousity about one another and pushing the personal limits of some of your number that is cut short by the return of Wainwright accompanied by a pair of guards who are pushing a hovering cart that is filled with boxes that are labled with your names (in some cases several) on them.

"Sorry for the delay, here is your personal items as promised." Wainwright says, her irritated tone still present as she levels a highly annoyed glare at the guards who, luckily for them, that are busy setting up privacy screens in the corner of the room and don't seem to notice. "You'll have a few minutes to change and then you'll be on your way."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek

Nathan silently goes over and grabs the box with his name on it. He carries it over to an area of table that he can work with and opens it up.

Reaching in, he pulls out a small flat piece of... something. Looks like some strange plastic. With the flick of his wrist, the plastic whips around itself and forms a boot. He does the same with another piece from the box.

Slowly, he pulls out piece after piece, each item coming out of the box as a flat piece of plastic, only for the flick of his wrist to turn it into another piece of his armor.

Finally, the last piece formed into his helmet, he pauses. He turns the helmet over and looks inside of it. Reaching in, he pulls out some small component. He rubs his finger together and the component crumbles to dust.

Placing the helmet back down on the table, he steps back. As he holds his arms out to his side, the components of his armor begin to fly up, one by one, and wrap around the appropriate body part.

The last piece, his helmet, goes flying up towards his head. At the last second, his two hands grab the helmet and slowly place it on his head with a click.

"Ready to deploy," Nathan says, the armor adding an electronic twang to his voice.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tsalmaveth
HP: 1

"Fancy." Dabe comments regarding when Nathan was finished sukting himself up. He himself hadn't dallied much in way of changing out of his prison's uniform into something more stylish, a white suit jacket and slacks which contrasted perfectly with the red dress shirt and the black tie which he wore underneath.

A simple straight edge razor danced accross his fingers as he spun it about like one might a butterfly knife. Satisified that it was in working order the blade was snapped back into it's handle, and disappeared somewhere onto his person in the span of a half second.

A pair of angular sunglasses were pulled from his front pocket, likely the single most expensive piece of equipment he had on him. Taking movements to wear them, the man silently relished the relief they brought his light strained eyes. He hid it well, but he could feel his cool crumbling away as a seizure loomed in the horizon.

"Good to go."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity eyes Nathan's power suit. "I hope that thing isn't prone to malfunctions. Tech stuff does that around me sometimes." she smiles enigmatically before taking her own box from the bunch, laying out a few pieces of equipment, basic stuff by comparison really. A small flashlight, a swing line, a small contact case and a lightly padded mottled dark outfit with small hardened plates over the knuckles, a belt designed to have a sort of sleeve for carrying several flexible zip the restraints and a through bolster for the light pistol.

She picks up the suit and looks up, facing at the males in the room with arched brow. She had no actual concern about others seeing her body, shed used it to her advantage on many occasions, but it never hurt to act like she had a little womanly modesty as she disregarded the orivacy screrns and turned to face away from the others to change out of the prison jumper, of course wearing undergarments if not a bra, and shimmy into the stretchy suit that clings to her form as she does it up, flexing her fingers into the gloves, securing the straps of the holster around her thiegh and making sure the rest of her gear is secure.

The cat burglar considers her little firearm mildly as she turns back towards the others. "So like, am I going to be getting ammunition rations or something?" she squeezes the trigger, the light pistol giving a little *click click* of an empty gun. She tilts her head and the gun, releasing the clip to examine the bullets.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Magenta

Maggie stares at the box bearing the name 'Margaret Francis Kane' as if it contained a snake that would bite her.

It jiggles as if something inside were alive - a chick testing for weak spots in the egg it was to birth from. There's a bulge, a warp in the box as something pushes out from within. When a tear is finally worried in the structure of the box a liquidy fabric rises forth like a pot over-boiling. The shiny fabric - with elements of both silver and reddish-purple rises up and un-scrunches itself, fabric uncrinkles, bent to her magnetic manipulations. It puts one in mind of those emergency blankets that keep a person warm even though the material is paper thin, or perhaps a weather balloon. Some might recall the news mentioning that JPL was broken into, with scientists and guards slaughtered indiscriminately as a prototype thermal Mylar fabric being tested as a solar wind sail was stolen.

She guessed JPL didn't want it back.

The fabric resolved into a tight body suit, spreading itself out and laying itself upon the table with the remnants of breakfast.

Maggie just stared at it, unsmiling. Any who wanted could see clearly the source of her pause. Flecks of blood were splattered. Multiple sprays and arcs of it. A merchant of death or a connoisseur of killing such as Curare or Oni could get a sense or where the suit's wearer was as the arterial spurts erupted from soul after soul. Sometimes the wearer was up close, reveling in the horror in her victim's eyes, sometimes she was spinning, dancing in the red red rain as a human heart pumped it's last. Multiple victims. A myriad of wounds. So. Much. Blood. Dried and brown now but it was the ink of her psychopathic masterpiece, the paint of a homocidal Starry Night or Mona Lisa or Sistine Chapel.

Maggie stares in horror at the suit. She slumps in her chair, a puppet with its strings slack, her eyes wide and unshut as if she feared to blink them, as if she feared she may never open them again if she allowed them to close, or maybe she feared what she'd see there. YES! Remember! Remember the revel! Remember the screams! Remember the taste of terror, acrid in the air, sour and sweet all at once. Candy. Remember you B!t<#! Remember and LET ME OUT!!!

23 Counts. In just that afternoon alone. Countless others she was tied to. Oh, it wasn't murder. That implies forethought, premeditation, intent. She was thoughtless carnage incarnate. She thought herself a force of nature. The twister cares not which trailer it slams into the tree.
Not even an insanity plea could mitigate it entirely. Oh, there was no doubt the defendant was insane. No one in the court room had any shred of doubt that the young woman who's eyes closed in languid pleasure, a junky with her fix, at every recounting of death during her trial, was in-f-ing-sane. Maybe insanity was the only reason she didn't get an immediate execution, remanded to multiple life sentences and psychiatric care, and even then there was public outcry - 'A rabid dog should be put down' they cried, and carried on poster board, and wrote on t-shirts.

So. Much. Blood.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Red Death
Image to
Hero Points -2 Condition-Normal
Heading over to his boxes(he had four,counting his canisters&cartridge belt),Alex immediately checks the canister's for leakages and such to ensure safety-first protocol's he&Cecila had in place.Flipping over the(probably now empty) hover cart to work as a temporary screen,he say's to anyone that looks at him
"While i find some of you increadibly attractive(give a look at Maggie and Jen),you have to wine&dine me first to see the rest of the goods...."
Quickly getting behind the makeshift screen,alex chuck's the Orange jumpsuit over it and slips into an all black bodysuit(not unlike Felicity's,but with more padding),sliding large Red plates over various parts of the body.Everyone then hears an audiable hissing sound,not unlike air ecsaping a tire.The sound goes on for about a minute as the sound of clicking can now be heard in addition to the hissing.As the young Revolutionary stands up,he looks almost like a totally different Person.Gone is the care-free look in his face,replaced by a cold calculation that chill a penguin to the core.Over his shoulders is drapped a ratty looking gun gray cape and hood,effectively hidding the rest of his body save the Red Plates.In his hands is a large Red Skull faced helmet.Giving the others in the group one final look,he slides the helmet over his head with an audiable hissing sound again.

"Let's start our Recruiting Drive people...."

Note:As he passes Maggie,he'll slide her his Immunity pill while keeping it from the others' sights by using stealth...
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=204759: Stealth check for pill passing to Maggie; 15+6=21
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm Magenta

Maggie stares at the box bearing the name 'Margaret Francis Kane' as if it contained a snake that would bite her.

It jiggles as if something inside were alive - a chick testing for weak spots in the egg it was to birth from. There's a bulge, a warp in the box as something pushes out from within. When a tear is finally worried in the structure of the box a liquidy fabric rises forth like a pot over-boiling. The shiny fabric - with elements of both silver and reddish-purple rises up and un-scrunches itself, fabric uncrinkles, bent to her magnetic manipulations. It puts one in mind of those emergency blankets that keep a person warm even though the material is paper thin, or perhaps a weather balloon. Some might recall the news mentioning that JPL was broken into, with scientists and guards slaughtered indiscriminately as a prototype thermal Mylar fabric being tested as a solar wind sail was stolen.

She guessed JPL didn't want it back.

The fabric resolved into a tight body suit, spreading itself out and laying itself upon the table with the remnants of breakfast.

Maggie just stared at it, unsmiling. Any who wanted could see clearly the source of her pause. Flecks of blood were splattered. Multiple sprays and arcs of it. A merchant of death or a connoisseur of killing such as Curare or Oni could get a sense or where the suit's wearer was as the arterial spurts erupted from soul after soul. Sometimes the wearer was up close, reveling in the horror in her victim's eyes, sometimes she was spinning, dancing in the red red rain as a human heart pumped it's last. Multiple victims. A myriad of wounds. So. Much. Blood. Dried and brown now but it was the ink of her psychopathic masterpiece, the paint of a homocidal Starry Night or Mona Lisa or Sistine Chapel.

Maggie stares in horror at the suit. She slumps in her chair, a puppet with its strings slack, her eyes wide and unshut as if she feared to blink them, as if she feared she may never open them again if she allowed them to close, or maybe she feared what she'd see there. YES! Remember! Remember the revel! Remember the screams! Remember the taste of terror, acrid in the air, sour and sweet all at once. Candy. Remember you B!t<#! Remember and LET ME OUT!!!

23 Counts. In just that afternoon alone. Countless others she was tied to. Oh, it wasn't murder. That implies forethought, premeditation, intent. She was thoughtless carnage incarnate. She thought herself a force of nature. The twister cares not which trailer it slams into the tree.
Not even an insanity plea could mitigate it entirely. Oh, there was no doubt the defendant was insane. No one in the court room had any shred of doubt that the young woman who's eyes closed in languid pleasure, a junky with her fix, at every recounting of death during her trial, was in-f-ing-sane. Maybe insanity was the only reason she didn't get an immediate execution, remanded to multiple life sentences and psychiatric care, and even then there was public outcry - 'A rabid dog should be put down' they cried, and carried on poster board, and wrote on t-shirts.

So. Much. Blood.
Red Death
Noticing Maggie's reaction as he slides the pill into her hand gently,he says to her quietly(almost gently,like a parent soothing a troubled child)
"Maggie honey,listen to me very carefully;What you did back then is the past.That's all,just the past.You are here to make a different choice entirely.A British poet named Arthur Waley wrote
Keep off your thoughts from things
that are past and done;
For thinking of the past wakes regret
and pain.

What you did back then,you did.Don't run away from it,but own it.Even if it hurts like hell,Own it.By doing that,you'll not be beholden to it anymore and can even grow from it....
"
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tsalmaveth
HP: 1

"I'm going to just attribute it to my own natural excellent luck that you didn't just put two bullets into my skull just now." Dave spoke, as the gun Cat had tested in his general direction failed to fire.
------------
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek

GeoTek looks over at Cat as the gun goes click-click.

That boys and girls is why I wasted no time putting on my armor.
Last edited by kenseido on Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tsalmaveth
HP: 1 > 0
Perception: 21
Out of the corner of his eye, Dave saw Alex slip Maggie something. Something small, easy to miss. A pill perhaps. Which led to the question, of just what was it that he's trying to slip?

He could draw attention to it from everyone with something like 'Hope you have enough for the whole class', but doing that would just him on the man's bad side. That still left him out of the loop on just what the pill was about, yet maybe he could get that information a more inconspicuous way. Might still get him a dirty look, but at least their handlers would be left in the dark for the time being.

The man approached casually at an angle making it seemed like he was more interested in going back to the breakfast table for seconds then he was for conversation. Instead of just passing them by without nary a thought however, he instead gave Red a low whisper without pausing in his pace. "Passing notes in class are we?" His eyes, visible to just him alone, darted down to Maggie's hand before refocusing on the table.

At the breakfast foods again, he picked up a piece of bacon and helped himself.
Stealth: 17 Dangit, I rolled a two! I hate using an HP so soon, but I'd rather his subtleness goes off without hitch.
Stealth reroll: 31
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Snowblind
Condition: Cold hands Warm Clothes :D

Jen picked up the box with her name on it and stepped behind one of the privacy screens provided. Like Cat she too was well and capable of using her wiles feminine to get what she wanted but that was why she preferred to tease the wares so to speak.

Slipping into her outfit--a gift from her brother-- she stretched a bit getting the feel for the Flex mesh fiber. Light as a down coat, but with the resistance of a steel plate as it distributed any impacts along the whole of the body. Add in the suits light thermaweave insulation and she stayed nice and toasty or cool as a cucumber--well she stayed cool all year round really but hey why argue with redundancy?

Running her fingers through her mid back length gold blond hair she fluffed it out then pulled it over her shoulders before raising the suits hood over her head, and then stepping out with a saucy grin, and a little runway twirl.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories