Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Unsurprised
HP: 0

"Would be lying if I said I ever expected better of them, leaving out something as crucial as this. 'Oh, want to know just how strong he is? Look at this battle report when our last team was slaughtered trying to take him in.' Thanks AEGIS."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity rolls her eyes a little. "Juuuust gonna point out an itsy bitsy little detail; we don't actually know if AEGIS managed to wound him. They may have only pissed him off shooting him with energy weapons that hardly sting him in that new body. Either way, it doesn't change that we have to find him and "convince" him to come in. We never doubted he was going to resist, so none of this really changes anything."

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 am

Everyone:

As the group mulls over their newest bit of information they all feel a slight rumbling in the ground, rhythmic in nature really. It doesn't take much effort to deduce that your target is nearby, and with a bit of careful tracking the group manages to locate the creature you've come to know as Grendel. He is sitting on the ground under a large tree, seemingly enjoying the shade provided while he enjoys the spoils of a hunt, a deer if one were to take a guess.

The creature looks a great deal different now compared to the photos you'd been shown a few hours earlier. Now easily almost twice the size of person, Grendel's skin now looks somewhat lizard-like, though an argument could be made it almost looks like natural armor, with a blue coloring to it. There are several other changes to Grendel's physiology that can be noted; his ears now resemble fins in a way, though how they'd work is anyone's guess. Another thing that stands out is that Grendel's hands now have two massive fingers and an opposable thumb instead of the usual four fingers everyone else has, and his toes have transformed in a similar manner having become a pair of massive toes.

At this point Grendel seems more interested in the meat he is tearing into at this moment than his surroundings; perhaps the best moment the group has to gain the upper hand.

OOC wrote:So I know Epic asked me a while ago about using Cat Noir's luck power to allow the group to find Grendel sleeping or otherwise occupied and I nixed it, but since my PC ate the page I had already written for this part and I'm using this quickly wrote piece I'll give an HP to Cat Noir to be fair.

At this point it's all about how the group wants to handle the situation.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 am

Sorry y'all
Magenta
Image

Magenta lands and in a blink the mylar suit withdraws dissappearing under her prison jumpsuit once again. Her many metal moons also sequester themselves under sleeves and leggings, tuck into pockets, as she adjusts her hair.

"I'm going to talk to him." she says before stepping toward the creature. What the F^<# are you doing?!? Now's when you drive a corkscrew through its eye! You wanted to be the hero didn't you. Think of how your new 'friends' will respect you if you strike now. Hard. Fast.
Just as a measure of how quick she is... init: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
.
Uhg, just about anyone can stop her.
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 am
Sorry y'all
Magenta
Image

Magenta lands and in a blink the mylar suit withdraws dissappearing under her prison jumpsuit once again. Her many metal moons also sequester themselves under sleeves and leggings, tuck into pockets, as she adjusts her hair.

"I'm going to talk to him." she says before stepping toward the creature. What the F^<# are you doing?!? Now's when you drive a corkscrew through its eye! You wanted to be the hero didn't you. Think of how your new 'friends' will respect you if you strike now. Hard. Fast.
Just as a measure of how quick she is... init: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
.
Uhg, just about anyone can stop her.
Red Death
Image
Hero Point- 1 Condition-Normal
Good morning from Appalachia! Let's see if coyotecode likes me today...
7+12=19 initiative check yep,it's perfectly fair....:s
I'd cure that Honor complication right now cause it's gonna make me do a collosally STUPID thing,but i might get a hero point for it...
Gently grabbing Maggie's arm,Alex tells her
"Your not going out there....at least,not alone.Myself and Oni should at the least accompany you.IF you fail to talk him down,myself and Oni-san can at the very least buy you time to incapacitate him...."
Lifting up his faceplate,Alex adds as he gives her a slight grin
"Besides,you think i'm just goona sit here while m'lady goes off trying to be Noble?Fat chance..."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:27 pm

GeoTek
Image

"Oh f**king hell!" Nathan says intercepting Red Death.

"Hey, Romeo, put it in your pants. If you or, well frankly anyone else does out there, it will attack because none of us exactly exude 'friendliness.' She is probably the only one who has a chance of talking Grendel down and she is more than capable of taking care of herself."

He pauses looking around, realizing he has probably said more in that one statement than the everything else put together since this started.

"Besides, it's not like we are going to be miles away. But if we want to talk this thing down, showing up in numbers, especially dressed as most of us are, is a surefire way to turn this into a fight."

"Or to put in into terms your hormone drowning brain can understand, if you go with her, it will endanger her and cause her efforts to fail."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Image

Yamada nods in agreement. '"Machigainai, Geo Tek-san is correct. My killing intent can be felt, as can anyone's. I feel it not from Magenta-san, perhaps she stands a chance to talk the creature down. It seems it has changed further into a beast, but as such I cant say I feel evil in it.'' He folds his arms and continues. '"I can cover the distance pretty quickly, as does her or him.'' he adds pointing at Buzzbomb and Tsalmaveth
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

pathfinderq1
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Buzzbomb
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: good so far...

"Really?," Kix muttered, as the sight of their target brought out the best in her teammates. She turned back towards their nominal leader. "Going to go do a sweep, make sure there aren't any surprises around..." And with that, she was gone, moving back down the trail a bit, then swinging off into the woods.

>OOC: Perimeter check, for potential innocent hikers or lurking AEGIS watchers and such. Drop back to about 400 yards, do a decreasing spiral pattern until she is just outside Grendel's clearing. Arrays till set to Timeskip slot, so Speed 10, precise, and she'll use Athletics DC 15 (autosuccess with Skill Mastery) to push that to 11 (so 8 miles in one Move action). Not looking for fine details, just presence/absence of other people/vehicles/etc. Quickness 4 and Rapid 1 (x10) on Vision, Investigate +2, Perception +4 if GM wants to roll (in case of hidden factors), or I will roll when I get home tonight.

>Added rolls; Investigation 1d20+2= 8; Perception 1d20+4= 8; rolls http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=207669 . Still definitely a city girl ("Look! Trees!")
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Oni

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Camus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Image

Yamada nods in agreement. '"Machigainai, Geo Tek-san is correct. My killing intent can be felt, as can anyone's. I feel it not from Magenta-san, perhaps she stands a chance to talk the creature down. It seems it has changed further into a beast, but as such I cant say I feel evil in it.'' He folds his arms and continues. '"I can cover the distance pretty quickly, as does her or him.'' he adds pointing at Buzzbomb and Tsalmaveth
Red Death
Image

Closing his eyes,Alex let go of Maggie's arm as he said quietly
"Just...be careful,ok?If it looks like it'll go south,get out of his range AFAP..."
Popping his faceplate back over his head,Red Death looked at Geo-Tek as he allowed Maggie to go out
"After this is all over,Mr.GeoTek,you and i will have to have....Words about any issues you seem to have with me..."

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm

GeoTek
Image

"My issue with you is your behaving like a horned dog teenager, and it's putting the mission at jeopardy." Nathan says back to Red Death.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:21 pm

kenseido wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm
GeoTek
Image

"My issue with you is your behaving like a horned dog teenager, and it's putting the mission at jeopardy." Nathan says back to Red Death.
Red Death
Image

Incling his head in understanding,Red Death replied
"Prehapps(?) i have allowed myself to be more emotional than i should...so what if we reach a compremise(?): I will try to contain my 'enthusiasm' for Magneta while you tell me when this is over why your so incistant on being a Follower..."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: waiting
HP: 0

Regardless of the situation at hand, Tsalmaveth found himself sinking into the shadows, reforming in the upper shaded level of a high tree to watch over the beast. His will seeped into the shade of Grendel's own, readied for a moment when things get out of control.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:29 pm

GeoTek
Image

"Because I know where my skills lie, and I am not so insecure to think followers are lesser people."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Cold snap
Image


'Cool it both of you!" Jen snapped with a hiss that left a patch of frost between the two guys

"you're both making enough noise to set off the big guy so shelve it till were done." she whispered harshly before standing up and with a burst of frigid air slid off towards a tree on the other side of the clearing so she could flank Grendel if Maggies attempt to talk him down failed.

edit to add initiative check if needed

_: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Magenta
Image
HP: 1-1=0

Maggie (since she's out of 'uniform') takes a deep breath and nods her thanks to those that spoke in her defense and nods in thanks to the... concern(?) that Alex showed. It was touching. In a creepy, trenchcoat-only-guy-at-a-park way, sure.

She steps out slowly and carefully, arms half raised showing them empty.

"Hey Big Guy. Sun's getting real low." she says. "I'm not here to hurt you or anything. I just want to help." She gestures to the space next to the behemoth. "Can I approach?" she asks, walking slowly forward. She imagined everyone he'd seen, everyone he'd fought did so from a distance, didn't want to get close. For good reason, but still. Getting within his reach would give him the power in the interaction. Maybe it would go a long way toward trust. She also makes sure to keep her eyes off of his food, in case his animalistic instincts might see a rival, and she focused on his chest, not challenging him by meeting his eyes but still keeping the bulk of him in her vision.

"Something pithy this way comes."

Post Reply