Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek

Nathan shakes his head slightly at the banter between the various players. He never really understood the need to babble on during a fight.

He circles above the fight and continues to fire his electrolaser at Orion, but he turns to look at the passing airplane and misses pretty wildly.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Magenta
HP:1
Tattooedman.2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 am Magenta:

While some of the others start talking with members of the Crime League, Rave focuses her attention on Magenta. With a wave of the red headed girl's hand the mistress of magnetism watches as her view of the world begins to swirl around.
OOC wrote:It's Rave turn now & she's going after Maggie using Sensory Overload: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Area [Burst] 2, Cumulative, Selective)
So Maggies needs to make a Dodge DC 20, success means she'll need to only Make a Will DC 15 while a failure makes it a Will DC 20.
--
That'll bring us to Medea's turn (seeing as she's somehow managed to stay in the fight).
As The World spins and unheaves Maggie is quick to cover her eyes and head. This reminded her of some of Dr. Harris' early work with the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulater, before he'd found the right frequency and location for optimal treatments.
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
With hands covering her head she rocked back and forth."Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!"
Dodge: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30

Silly Coyotecode, THAT one wasn't where I wanted a 20

Will: 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24
decent.
But the young villainess's rave-y powers didn't last long and a clear-eyed if slightly disheveled Maggie looks up from her lowered hands.

Her smile had faded. First we're going to tear those 'Princess Alberta's out so hard and fast everyone will get a chance to see if the carpets match the drapes, you skank. Then we're going to put them back in place by a long and painful route involving your eyes, throat, stomach, and spleen. We may get lost and have to double back in Kidney town but mark my words, you WILL be Vag-jazzled once again.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Tattooedman.2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:52 am Medea:

Medea has somehow managed to weather all the various attacks focused on her, though the look on her face makes it clear that she is very unhappy about that having happened and her mutterings in Greek and subtle hand gesturing means that she is about to do something about it. The moment the immortal sorceress finishes her words and gestures two glowing bubbles appear from nowhere trying to capture both Red Death and Madame Curare.

OOC wrote:So Medea's going to Stunt a new spell off her Greek Magic Array.
Bindings of Hephaestus: Ranged Affliction 11 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition).

Medea's Attack: _: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23, I believe that will hit both.

I'll hold off on starting the next round until BG III & Macyn post their results of this attack.
RED DEATH
HP- 0? CONDITION- Bruised(1)

Seeing the woman moving her hand's, RD immediately fired his Gas at the bubble,hoping to break it before it had time to harden...
i'm firing the gas guns at the bubble,hoping to break it before it has time to lock me in...
17+12=29-1=28(Ranged Damage attack on bubble)
Now my Ranged Damage is a 12, so compared to that 11 i should break it easy,right? If not,i'll just edit this out..
Edit: i don't remember if i have the HP to Instant Counter,so just in case...
8+10=18(Dodge Save) i REALLY hope i have that HP right now....
Camus

Oni

Post by Camus »

"Omoshiroii!" Oni comments gladly as the attacks by the speedster land to no visible effect. "Hayaii, demo, yowaii degozaru."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Buzzbomb
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: fine; Speed: 10

There was still an awful lot going on in the clearing- but the crazy witch on the opposing team still looked like she was pretty shaken up. Time to work on that a little...

There was a brief blur of motion as Keyanna charged back out into the fray- and just as quickly made her way back to the edge of the clearing. Most of the participants might not even realize she had tagged Medea again- and again...

>OOC:
-Keeping array on High-Speed Strike, going for another shot at Medea while she is vulnerable. High-Speed Strike with full Power Attack (-5/+5), so 1d20+8= 18; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=216113 . If she is vulnerable, that should hit, so DC 27 Toughness . Subtle 1 (Temporal senses or Rapid vision), if it matters.

-And because we're the bad guys, Surge to repeat (will use an HP to counter fatigue next round, if I can). High-Speed strike with full Power Attack 1d20+8= 25; roll www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=216114 . Should be another hit for DC 27 (not QUITE a crit, sadly)

- Then Move-by Action back to the edge of the clearing
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek
HP: 1 (-1=0)

Shadowy tendrils catch him by surprise but slide off his armor's unusual surface.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek
HP: 0

GeoTek turns slightly so the acid skips off the surface of his armor.
[FORT save: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
See this is why, if you look at all my rolls, it looks like I have a normal spread. But I only needed a 10, so the Dice Gods slip in a 19 so it looks like they are "fair" to me. I know their game.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Bitter Freeze

Jen watched Rant curse and spit as he chased after her, right up until she had him right where she wanted him. Then with a grin she attacked.

Snapping her fingers she caused the ground in a large area in front of Ray to be coated with a slick of ice so slippery a penguin would need spiked shoes to waddle on it.

Then as Ray fought for traction she peeled around and grunted with the effort as she let fly with a blast of cold so deep and bitter that it would stop a blast furnace in its tracks.

Ok Snowies going to lay into Rant hard

First shell use her Ice Slick that's a DC 22 Dodge check for half effect

Ice Slick: Ranged Affliction 12 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Then shell surge and follow up with her Bitter Cold blast which shell power attack for -3/+3

-Bitter Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 12 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude

Attack roll for the Bitter cold blast _: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21
should hit for a DC 25

She'll be fatigued next turn
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Camus

Oni

Post by Camus »

The samurai ignores the speedster's attacks for now, concentrating in bringing down the leader of the enemy team. Feeling the killing intent flowing thought his veins, he momentarily looses control for a moment, parting from his normal calm demeanor. With a wild grin, and a blur of motion he closes the distance again, unsheathes his katana and attacks her multiple times, savagely, blinking from spot to spot. Finally he appears behind Medea, with the typical "click" of his sword being sheathed in place. Behind him times seems to stop before blood starts to flow.

OOC: Switching to Kōsoku ken-AKA Lightspeed attack- : Strength Effect 9; Multiattack, Secondary effect, Subtle 1, accurate 1,Quirk: needs a sword. Using All out attack 4, and power attack 2. Oni rols a 19,+11+4-2: 32. His attack has improve critical so he will add a +5 to the damage DC. Multiattack might increase the base DC of 24+2(PA)+5(critical). Medea needs to save again next round vs DC 24 only (no multiattack, PA or critical bonus). Being a subtle attack this might qualify as a surprise attack, making Medea vulnerable against it (-2 active defenses if she fails a dc 20 perception check, as earlier). Oni is at -4 active defenses. He will switch to Bushido: Rakurai ( Strength Effect 9: Reaction 3 (Being hit in melee), Subtle 1, accurate 1, Quirk: needs a sword) as a minor.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Once again the fallen samurai strikes true, however the Greek sorceress' mystical field is up to the task though it barely manages to protect her and some of the impact of his sword strike makes it way through the field. Medea grunts with obvious irritation. "You gnats are starting to seriously upset me."

OOC wrote:That will connect with a 28 (Oni's attack minus All-Out Attack, given his speed & the total of the attack I'm not worried about her making a Perception check.
Medea's Toughness (vs DC 33): _: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29, oh NOW coyetcode takes a liking to Medea....whatever. That's a failure by 4 so another Bruise (bringing her total of those up to 3).

--
Cat Noir is up, followed by Red Death.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Condition: Healthy
HP: 3 ~ Luck: 4

Thanking her luck that Blackbow didn't turn his attack on her after she tried to break his gear, Cat opted to back up from where the main clash was going on. In doing so, she makes her way in the direction Rant and Snowblind had gone to try and assist her chilly teammate. It wasn't too difficult to follow the trail of cool air and icy ground.

Keeping herself more or less hidden, the cat burglar takes what almost looks like a wild shot in the general direction of Snowblind and Rant as they rae off ahead of her.
Soooo, gonna move and try to keep a low profile with Hide in Plain Sight and Skill Mastery (Stealth) for a 20 to spot her. I'm not terribly certain where she might be in relation to Snowblind and Rant, so I am not sure if I need a perception roll or not, but, just in case, she's using: Lucky Awareness: Senses 6 (Ranged Mental, Accurate, Acute, Radius, Danger Sense (Mental)), so any tree cover isn't an issue

And for her Karmic Touch array, switching to Enhanced Extra 10 (Perception Range), Variable Descriptor (Attacks), Quirk (Limited to lower of Attack’s or Extra’s ranks), applying it to her handgun (Ranged Damage 3) and taking a pot shot if she can catch Rant in her perception range (DC18). Line of effect isn't an issue, since it's using her mental sense, so the bullet will find its way to Rant somehow. Magic bullet.

If she CAN'T catch Rant in her perception range, I'll adjust my post into a double move with a swing line up into some branches for a height advantage.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Despite the fact that Cat Noir lines up a perfectly aimed shot at the twenty-something thug/crook, trusting in her luck to carry the shot across the distance and remain true it seems that Snowblind's efforts to agitate Rant have gone too well and he is so laser focused on the cold manipulator that he's virtually unaware of his surroundings in his quest to avenge the attack done upon his sister.

He takes the shot in stride, never breaking his while still pursuing his target. Perhaps he's developed a new aspect of his powers that allows him to shrug off attacks with some kind of sonic force field? Sonic is known for such a feat so it is possible, but hard to say for certain in this situation.
OOC wrote: I'll rule that Rant is within range, so that'll hit.

Rant's Toughness (vs DC 18): _: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22, so apparently now Coyotecode is backing up the bad guys....or trying to make me think it is and will crap out on me next set of rolls I have to make....it's a complicated relationship. Anyways, no damage.

--
Red Death is up
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RED DEATH
HP- 0 Condition-Hindered&Vulnerable,Bruised 1

RD looks over almost casually towards the Sorceress as he says to her(though everyone in earshot can hear him)
"Darkling I Listen: and, for many a time
I have been half in love with easeful Death,
Call'd her soft names in many a mused rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath;
Now more than ever seems it rich to die,
To cease upon the midnight with no pain,
While thou art pouring forth thy soul abroad in such Estacy !
"
giving an almost Vincent Price-like laugh as he fires his Gas guns through the holes....
OOC: first,i want to apologize to John Keats for possibly butchering his Ode to a Nightingale. Next,i'm using a Startle attempt on Medea.If it work's,i can hit her with my gas gun again.I'm gonna roll both now t-man,but the Startle attempt is my honest action as the gas attack is only if it works...
Legit Startle attempt:9+10=19
Gas attack if Startle works:2+12=14
Save-vs.-Bubble :17+10=27
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Medea's response is accompanied with a slight frown. "I never was a fan of Keats personally."

OOC wrote:Medea's Insight (vs Startle): _: 1D20+15 = [11]+15 = 26, she beats that easily.

So, new page and time for the repost of the
Initiative List:
Downtime - 59
Blacklash -27 [Bruised]
Madame Curare – 24 (Defenseless & Immobilized - Medea)
Buzzbomb - 22
Blackbow - 21
Orion – 19 [Bruised]
Snowblind – 18
Oni - 17
Cat Noir - 16
Red Death - 14 (Hindered and Vulnerable - Medea)
Rant -12 [Bruised]
Tsalmaveth – 11 (highest Agility rank)
Magenta – 11 (Agility tied, higher Initiative base)
Geotek – 11 (Agility tied, lower Initiative base)
Rave – 6 (higher Agility)
Meda – 6 (lower Agility) [Bruised x2, Dazed, Hindered & Vulnerable, Staggered]
Grendel – dead last [Defenseless & Disabled]
--
So it's Rant's turn now, which I'll write here in a moment.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

While Rant realizes that someone is after him, given he'd just been shot, however his anger won't allow him to take his focus off of Snowblind. Pushing himself to keep her within range, he takes as deep as a breath as he can and unleashes another sonic attack on the cold controller's ice slide in an effort to slow her down.

OOC wrote: Rant's trying to limit Snowblind's speed a bit, so he's attacking her ice slide using Shatter: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Feat: Accurate 2); (Flaw: Limited [Objects Only]).

Rant's Attack: _: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23.

--
Tsalmaveth is up, followed by Magenta.