Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 »

Snowblind
Condition: Minty fresh
It's like being in a car when it suddenly turns on. And given that cold only makes metal MORE responsive to magnetic fields the effect is heightened around the cryokinetic.
Jen Noticed the wild clatter of her zippers, and buttons when "smiles" as the handsome fella called her was released from the chair. She took note of that and smiled a little wickedly this had potential.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the cutey next to her who was clearly uncomfortable that close to her.
leaning toward Jen and speaking softly, with an evident shudder to her voice from the cold that wasn't entirely feigned. "Sweetie, would you do me a teensy favor and dial back on the air conditioning? I think you have eloquently made your point." Felicity gives Jen a shivery smile, looking like she would be quite grateful to be warm again.
Jen quirks a golden eyebrow at Cat but then smiles all genuine warmth inspite of the freezing temp around her. The bitter cold around her leaving frost on the ceilings and floors as she passes slowly bleeds away and the warmth of the room returns to normal.

"Sorry forget sometimes that its not always sweater weather." she laughs an easy going laugh that sets anyone who hears it at ease as she walks near Felicity taking a quick look back as Kix stretches her legs.

"Hey you, Im glad your feeling better." she addressed Kix as she zoomed passed them causing her blond hair to flair out. Jen smirked as she pulled her hair back and looked at Felicity

"This is gonna be so much fun."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Magenta

As the heat returns to normal-ish Maggie stops her pressing into Alex's body for the bigger man's warmth. A grateful, somewhat shy smile is her only concession to the situation.
Thank God!!! If Elsa over there was going to keep that up I was going to show her how hot several tons of metal can get when shoved through your colon at high speed. Speaking of Speed, look at Zoomer over there. Remember how much high-speed-screwed they are if we cover every surface with jagged metal? Huh, Remember?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RED DEATH

Alex was rather grateful Snowblind turned the heat back up.Moving his arm around a little to get the gooseflesh off,he replied to her comment
"Depends on what your definition of 'Fun' is Perky.Me& Smiles here were doing rather well for ourselves,i think....."
Alex gave Maggie a rougish grin an wink.Despite the.....Wierdness of her Personality(he was certain it had to be a form of Chemical brainwashing or Mind Control),he didn't mind Maggie 'snuggling up',as it were,as that magnetic field of hers sped-up his core temp a little
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Wainwright says nothing at the displays of powers, he heels clicking on the tile floor as she keeps an even pace. She opens the door to reveal a kind of conference room that has no decorations on the white walls and ceiling; there is a u-shaped table at the center of the space, with a whiteboard on the far wall. Across from the door you all entered is another door and yet another door beside the whiteboard.

The older woman waits until you've all taken your seats to begin speaking. “As I already said, welcome to Team Cerberus. Now, I realize that being awoken in the middle of the night and quickly, and I’m sure, rudely, transported to a different detainment facility can be a jarring experience. You should know that this was going to happen at a later date as logistics were being worked out to move all of you in a more subtle manner but there is a matter that the powers-that-be deemed to be more important than subtly.” There are subtle shifts in her voice at certain points that makes it clear to all of you that she is not happy with the situation being what it is, but doesn’t specifically voice it as she continues. “Since we've got other things to get to, I'm only going to spend a little bit of time summarizing your current situation.” Wainwright looks around at each of you in turn as she talks, making eye contact but in a way that gives you the impression that she knows almost everything about you since you’ve been in prison and very possibly the parts of your life that has led to your going to prison.

“In brief, then; Team Cerberus is a program operated under the supervision of AEGIS that offers metahumans who've been convicted of various crimes the opportunity to reduce their sentences by engaging in a form of community service.”

“Before I go any further, I need to make something clear -- you are still in custody of the Department of Corrections. If you mess up, I have no problem with the idea of sending any or all of you right back to Blackstone to serve out the rest of your sentences. That said, I'm willing to give you a little bit of latitude. If you choose to view it as being given more rope to hang yourselves, feel free.”

"The program has some very simple rules that you are expected to follow; the first and most important is that unless you're on a mission or visiting the washroom, you're supposed to be in your rooms after lights out -- which is every night at eleven p.m. Don’t let me catch you breaking curfew.” There’s a pause then Wainwright adds, “And that is not a challenge to try and break curfew to see if I can catch you – you will be caught.” She says with a certainty in her voice that makes it clear she doesn’t consider any other option possible.

“Rule number two is that you don't use your powers on each other except in emergency situations - and I decide what's an emergency situation.” The tone of her voice makes it clear that this matter is not up for debate. “At this point I’ll open the floor to you as I am very sure there are those among you that have questions you’d like answered.” Again, Wainwright makes eye contact with each of you as she says this part and waits.

OOC wrote:Right, so about Red Death's checks.
He can tell that something is ....different about Maggie, but there are a couple different chemical treatments he can think of that might be responsible for it. But without knowing exactly what she's being treated for he has no idea which one might be used.

RD easily spots the scars before Maggie can cover them up.

Buzzbomb knows that Harriet Wainwright has an adult daughter, a dead husband (a police officer killed during the last Terminus Invasion), and that she spent the majority of her career working for Freedom City's Department of Corrections.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity cants her head to the side as she listens to Wainwright. A few questions sprang to mind, but the first, and she was sure the same everyone was thinking..

"Not to sound like a challenge to your ability or authority, but how exactly did you plan to make us? I mean come now, 11pm? We're all adults here, some of us with a penchant for seeing a rule and being compelled to break it. It's a very real problem you know."

Levity aside, reading between the lines the question was more about the control method to be employed. The nine of them were criminals, most with powers of one form or another, but all potentially dangerous, powers or not.
Camus

Oni

Post by Camus »

For the first time in the hours since they left the prison, the last of the prisoners to speak opens his mouth and eyes. "Honoured host, what would stop this humble servant if he decides to simply kill you? These?" the japanese man points at his new tattoos. Despite having threaten to kill the woman, Oni seems calmed and his voice even and in a constant monotone.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek

Nathan directs his attention to the Wainwright woman. He would like to know the answer to that question as well. The other one could wait.

But looking over the woman told him she would never reveal all of her cards.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Madame Curare
Condition: Resting Bitch Face
Not to sound like a challenge to your ability or authority, but how exactly did you plan to make us? I mean come now, 11pm? We're all adults here, some of us with a penchant for seeing a rule and being compelled to break it. It's a very real problem you know."
"Honoured host, what would stop this humble servant if he decides to simply kill you? These?"
“If I may presume to speak for Mrs. Wainwright,” Madame Curare said, adopting slightly ‘know it all teacher’s pet’ tone, “I’m going to guess these brands are some sort of hocus-pocus version of the ‘bomb in the collar’ of the old dime novels. If we misbehave, the boss pushes a button, and poof.”

“I might not understand magic,” she added, “But I’ve seen Escape from New York... What concerns me is what would cause you to speed up your time table. Looking around the room, I see an impressive amount of firepower. Messers. Wavaski and Riley, over there, they’ve racked up body-counts half again what I had when I was their age. Ms. Kane can crush an armored car with a smile. Literally.

“You obviously expected to use us for something your precious Freedom League is either too squeamish or too honest to pull off. But, unexpectedly, you need us sooner than you planned. That concerns me.”[/quote]
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek

Nathan rolls his eyes at Madame Curare. She may have been in prison the longest of them (according to the guard anyway), but her attempt to sound smarter than everyone just screwed everything up.

Now Wainwright can dodge the first question in favor of the second.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tsalmaveth
HP: 1

There they go, already out asking the obvious questions. Sure, knowing just what the hell these markings were about were pretty important, as well as knowing just what these people even wanted them to do. Or why they expected any of them to actually cooperate for longer then it took to tie each other's shoes. Dave had the real questions though. The ones he knew everyone was secretly dying to ask.

"Look, we've been on the helicopter for hours now. Think we could get some breakfast to go if we're in a rush, cups of coffee, maybe a danish? Been months since I've had a danish." kicking his feet up, he proceeded to learn back on the rear legs of his chair as he placed his hands behind him. "I'm hoping you're giving us back our stuff before we go off doing your dirty work. My shades would be great in particular, it's way too bright in here."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Magenta

Maggie smiles a radiant, hopeful smile as if her prayers had been answered. Not even reference to her former criminal ways can dampen her eagerness at Wainwright's words. Geez how do you know so much, crone! Go back to Room 237 of the Shining you crusty c#n^.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Snowblind
Condition: Waffles!

"Some waffles wouldnt break my heart any." Jen Chimed in helpfully. "With Strawberries on top." she added as an afterthought and the same bubbly smile on her face.

Behind those ice blue sapphires though a different run of thought was in progress. So this was the game, they were going to be used as a hit squad or some such, expendable most likely and on a tight leash if their bed time held. Yeah this game was going to require some serious patience to beat and a lot of trickery.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Buzzbomb:
HP: 1, LP: 1; Condition: Ready, Steady G...

Keyanna took one quick look around the room, then leaned up against the wall in one corner, disdaining the chairs around the table. With her arms folded across her chest and her head cocked at a slight angle it was obvious that she was paying attention- to something, anyway.

She didn't say a word during the initial pitch, or as the others started to ask their own questions. She watched Wainwright as she spoke, but as the others of her group voiced their inquiries, she wasn't looking at them- at least not exactly. Her eyes flicked from one compatriot to another, but not as they were speaking, or even in the order that they spoke. She would be looking at one person while another spoke, breaking to glance at someone else. She even nodded lightly, from time to time, as if registering an answer to one of the questions that had been asked- or was about to be asked.

The only exception was when the Japanese fellow asked his threatening question- Keyanna was watching him closely, as he spoke, with the intensity of a starving cat watching a mouse hole (though her stance and posture didn't change). Her glance flicked to Wainwright when he finished, for not even a heartbeat, then she went back to her oddly random observation of the others...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RED DEATH
HP-2 Condition-mmmm,waffles(what I get for replying without eating my lunch first…) :D

Making sure Maggie was alright before siting down nearest her and Felicity,Alex got as much of an eyeful of the room as Possible(noting the other 2 doors nearest the whiteboard) while keeping an ear on the Conversation…
EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:42 am "Not to sound like a challenge to your ability or authority, but how exactly did you plan to make us? I mean come now, 11pm? We're all adults here, some of us with a penchant for seeing a rule and being compelled to break it. It's a very real problem you know."
Turning his head towards Cat Noir,Alex Snarkily replies
“if I didn’t know any better Gorgeous,I’d think you were thinking rather Naughty thoughts…but since it’s probably a legit question,I’ll let the innuendo go for now.”
Camus wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:58 am For the first time in the hours since they left the prison, the last of the prisoners to speak opens his mouth and eyes. "Honoured host, what would stop this humble servant if he decides to simply kill you? These?" the japanese man points at his new tattoos. Despite having threaten to kill the woman, Oni seems calmed and his voice even and in a constant monotone.
At the Comment from the Japanese man, Maggie( sitting closest to Alex) could almost hearThe young revolutionary’s neck pop as his head immediately turned towards him and said(his tone surprisingly very professional)
“you know,while I’m not a real big fan of Wainwright here(especially who she’s a stooge for),I’m goona give you a bit of free advise friend: Don’t try it.”
Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:24 am Madame Curare
“If I may presume to speak for Mrs. Wainwright,” Madame Curare said, adopting slightly ‘know it all teacher’s pet’ tone, “I’m going to guess these brands are some sort of hocus-pocus version of the ‘bomb in the collar’ of the old dime novels. If we misbehave, the boss pushes a button, and poof.”

“I might not understand magic,” she added, “But I’ve seen Escape from New York... What concerns me is what would cause you to speed up your time table. Looking around the room, I see an impressive amount of firepower. Messers. Wavaski and Riley, over there, they’ve racked up body-counts half again what I had when I was their age. Ms. Kane can crush an armored car with a smile. Literally.

“You obviously expected to use us for something your precious Freedom League is either too squeamish or too honest to pull off. But, unexpectedly, you need us sooner than you planned. That concerns me.”

Sitting back into his chair after subconsciously leaning forward during his “friendly response” to Oni,Alex casually places his arm on the Back of Maggie’s chair(assuming there that close together,if not just ignore that part),Alex Respond’s
“Poppins is probably more right than wrong on this,now that I think about it.Whatever you want us Attack Dogs to do,it not only has to be loud&something the League and every other hero you have on payroll can’t (or won’t) do,but it also got moved up and ‘Forced your hand’…”

Jerking his thumb over towards Tsalmaveth and Snowblind he continues
“But Pitch&Perky over there are right.We not only need some food in our stomaches(Though I prefer Bacon Pancakes to Waffles myself,to each their own),but some of us need our gear&weapons back if we’re gonna be able to do what you “Suggest”we do…”
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:32 am Magenta
Maggie smiles a radiant, hopeful smile as if her prayers had been answered. Not even reference to her former criminal ways can dampen her eagerness at Wainwright's words. Geez how do you know so much, crone! Go back to Room 237 of the Shining you crusty c#n^.
Making a mental note to get into a lab of some sort with a sample of Maggie’s blood(if he can even procure it.he might just have to talk her into going in there with him) in order to run some test’s,he whispers into her ear(leaning in close so no one else can hear)
“just hold on,cutie,I’ll do what I can to get you out from under their thumb,I promise…”
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity glances over at Alex and his comment and gives him a playful roll of the eyes with a smirk...

...then all but chokes back a laugh, turning it into a small bout of coughs when the white-haired asian man called Wainwright "honoured host". She most sincerely doubted the woman was all that honourable considering the work force she was attempting to organize in this room, and she was clearly more of a warden than a host.

"Ahem.. sorry about that. Must be catching a bug after being unceremoniously yanked out bed, flown to who knows where and then having some very painful shocks and mystic mojo inflicted on me all in the past few hours.." she gives a small smile and looks about the table. "Does anyone have a lozenge?"