Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu May 31, 2018 8:51 am

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity watches Alex poke the dried patch of blood and rolls her eyes at the preaching. "Do you ever not do that?" she looks around at the others to see if any of them have any other ideas. "Anyways, it could also be from one of people who had the energy weapons, or powers or whatever. I doubt the big guy would take being attacked without use what his new body gave him to fight back."

She looks over at Dave. "Well...the blood is dried up..don't know how long that takes, but probably long enough for them to move on. And, considering we don't have a body to go with that blood patch.... is that enough blood to constitute a corpse?" briefly looking at Dave and Curare on that one. "Um, anyways, if it is, no body laying around. There also might be some other blood around, a trail or something, but without knowing whose it is, might nothing... but on the other hand, might lead us to something important too."
Epic's Mechanic Shop - Making mechanical magic. Current project: Monster Hunter World Weapons. (New weapon added May 23, 2018)
Fantasy Noir - My homebrew system, a work in progress. (New content May 22/2018)

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Thu May 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Image
MacynSnow wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 7:48 am
Red Death
Image
Hero Points-1 Condition-On Alert
Heading over to the blood stain's Cat Noir pointed out,Alex finished Snowblind's statement
"....Which means,someone got careless or they decided to change from 'Capture' to 'Silence'."

As he placed a finger onto the blood and pulled it away(noting how thick it was on his gloved hand),he replied to Tsalmaveth's comment
"What more do you expect from a Government controlled by the purse string's of the Ultra Wealthy?To them,we are nothing but Cannon-Fodder,to be used and Discarded like yesterday's Shawarma leftovers...."
The samurai, now properly so since he had a lord (or lady at least) stood in the clearing, narrowing his eyes at Red Death's comment. "Do you always look at your garden from the same window, Red Death-san?" he asked rhetorically, the chemist name sounding more like "Redu Detsu" than what the rest was expecting, before walking to the scorch marks. He palced a hand over it, and then cast a gaze backwards towards the assembled villains. "Ore ni, this was not an intended strike from the beast, there would likely be more remains of its victims. Nor an organized hunt. Hunters are focused, they wouldn't miss such a large target. This was likely a casual encounter, mayhaps the creature stumbled upon someone armed, and scared it into shooting. Then the beast rampaged through the forest, perhaps lightly wounding the person."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu May 31, 2018 5:34 pm

Magenta
Image


Magenta lands to examine the blood.
but can't make heads nor tails of anything from it. Intensive studying and reading nursing books from the prison library could only get you so far.

She also opens up her magnetic senses and seeks out any metal that might have been dropped during the conflict.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Everyone:

Magenta's unique sense reaches out all around here, washing her surroundings with magnetic energy in search of anything that might react to it that isn't supposed to be here. What she finds is a wealth of random items dropped by campers over the years that have been pushed under the surface of the ground; a few lighters, waterproof containers, various keys, a few pocket knives and even a combination lock. What stands out to her is several bits of metal that is in the middle of the clearing hidden under the ground.

She easily pulls them free with her powers and presents them to the group for inspection.

OOC wrote:Red Death can't tell much about the blaster used aside from the fact there's an element of heat to it given the burns on the trees.

Any effort to try & identify the metal bits is an Intellect Check DC 15. Anyone is welcome to try.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Magenta
Image

Maggie pulls up the metal and shows them about.
And explains what they are. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut on occasion. Don't let it go to your head. OOH! can we blind some squirrels?

She likewise pulls up all the random bits of metal detritus and collects them into a loose, spherical pile. She concentrates and the soiled metal bits churn and writhe until cleaned of dirt and rust and compressed into a solid ball that joins the spare nuts and bolts from the plane in orbitting the reformed super-villain.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Ice Skating
Image

Snowy sat there studying a chunk of tree that looked like it had three human shaped indentations in it--possibly from being used as an impromptu club-- to where Maggie was gathering a lot of metallic junk from the area. She slid over to her and took a peek idly sifting out a piece or two or three that looked interesting.

Snowys int check well shes in the room at any rate ;)

_: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm

GeoTek
Image
INT: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
If Science skill applies, then +5, if Technology, then +12. Also have 6 ranks of Vehicles if that helps any.

MacynSnow
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 am

Red Death
Image
https://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=206861: 7+2=9
Well,THAT roll sucked toadstool....i'm not gonna wast my hp on it,so Alex'll trust "His Magnetic Angel Of Wrath".... :lol:

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Calm
HP: 0

"Can't tell if that's cool or creepy. Probably a combination of both." Dave spoke, as he watched the woman gather up her own personal ring of satellites. He didn't offer any comment on the nature of what was found, not really seeing the nature behind it.
Int: 10
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

pathfinderq1
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:54 am

Buzzbomb
HP: 1; LP: 1; Status- "I'm participating!"

Kix had taken another loop around the clearing while the others were poking around looking at stuff. Once Magenta had gathered up the metal doo-dads, she swung in long enough to look at them, then swept around to look at them again from another angle. "Ah!"

>OOC: Int check DC 15, 1d20+1= 17, roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=206911

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Everyone:

As the metal parts magnetically whirl around the group so they can see what she found, Magenta, Snowblind, Geotek and Buzzbomb all recognize them as broken parts of the standard AEGIS blasters given to that agency's agents. Together with the few other bits of information the group has found here so far that means that AEGIS has already tried to capture the being they've named Grendel, and failed.

Now they've sent you out to do what they couldn't.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Magenta
Image

Magenta gives a little *oh* of realization and positions the strange metal pieces where'd they be on an AEGIS blaster.
"This fight must've been from the first retrieval team. Oh, that's going to make talking the Big Guy down much harder!" You still think you're going to try to talk him down?! You think these people will let you have that chance?! Look around, Girl! You're lead by Shanky Chauffeur Barbie now with Improved Murdinate Action, and that's if Hello Skank Kitty doesn't sneak around behind him and yell 'Sneak Attack' before plugging useless bullets into his back. Speedy there looks like she can go from 0 to 187 in a nanosecond and that's IF Creepy Dorian Grey doesn't dark boink him to death or Tasteless Freeze doesn't flash[chill] him to full hardness. And this assumes that even Gassy Ken doesn't do his rapey smothering thing and let's you even near the fight. Not that it'll be much of a fight when the Last Samurai over there Tom Cruises all over the Big Guy's a$$. Get a clue Polly Drew! Jeez!!
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Cold reasoning
Image
Magenta gives a little *oh* of realization and positions the strange metal pieces where'd they be on an AEGIS blaster.
"This fight must've been from the first retrieval team. Oh, that's going to make talking the Big Guy down much harder!" You still think you're going to try to talk him down."
Jen helped her shuffle a few parts here and there, and as she did, she noticed Kix pull a particular piece out that looked familiar to her, Maggie saw the recognition in her eyes and moved a piece that had caught her own attention towards Jen who took it while nodding at Kix who passed her two more pieces. Geo pulled a couple more pieces out and Maggie used her powers to pull them together for her as Jen snorted in a most unlady like fashion given her perky upturned nose.

'Go figure, we've been suckered." she held the restored stock of an Aegis Assault blaster up for everyone's perusal making sure to emphasize with her thumb the Aegis symbol on the stocks butt.

Jen nodded with Maggie "Yeah seems pretty clear they already tried and failed pretty epically to take him down or out." she snerked a hint of annoyance in her voice as she gestured to the chaos of the running battle around her. "Were the clean up crew."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:19 pm

GeoTek
Image
catsi563 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm
'Go figure, we've been suckered." she held the restored stock of an Aegis Assault blaster up for everyone's perusal making sure to emphasize with her thumb the Aegis symbol on the stocks butt.

Jen nodded with Maggie "Yeah seems pretty clear they already tried and failed pretty epically to take him down or out." she snerked a hint of annoyance in her voice as she gestured to the chaos of the running battle around her. "Were the clean up crew."
"None of this should be a surprise. The fact that we were pulled in ahead of schedule without any proper vetting told all of us this was a mess that we were expected to clean up. If AEGIS could handle this, they wouldn't need to use us. We aren't their first choice."

But yes, if AEGIS had wounded this Grendel, it made their job a lot harder.

MacynSnow
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 pm

catsi563 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm
Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Cold reasoning
Image
Magenta gives a little *oh* of realization and positions the strange metal pieces where'd they be on an AEGIS blaster.
"This fight must've been from the first retrieval team. Oh, that's going to make talking the Big Guy down much harder!" You still think you're going to try to talk him down."
Jen helped her shuffle a few parts here and there, and as she did, she noticed Kix pull a particular piece out that looked familiar to her, Maggie saw the recognition in her eyes and moved a piece that had caught her own attention towards Jen who took it while nodding at Kix who passed her two more pieces. Geo pulled a couple more pieces out and Maggie used her powers to pull them together for her as Jen snorted in a most unlady like fashion given her perky upturned nose.

'Go figure, we've been suckered." she held the restored stock of an Aegis Assault blaster up for everyone's perusal making sure to emphasize with her thumb the Aegis symbol on the stocks butt.

Jen nodded with Maggie "Yeah seems pretty clear they already tried and failed pretty epically to take him down or out." she snerked a hint of annoyance in her voice as she gestured to the chaos of the running battle around her. "Were the clean up crew."
Red Death
Image
Hero Point-1 Condition-On Alert
Holding up his gloved hands in a 'See what i mean?' gesture,Alex replied to Oni after finding out about AEGIS involvement
"Do you like the view of my garden from my window Oni-san?"

Turning back towards the others,the Revolutionary continues
"Did any of us honestly expect our Watchdog to be honest with us?No, so all of this simply means they've thrown us into the Rancour Pits faster than they intended.Now trying to talk the Grendel down will be that much harder..."

Facing Curare,Red Death asked their resident leader
"Since you,Madam,was selected as our resident Beowulf what is to be our first course of action?..."

Post Reply