Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Sun May 20, 2018 4:41 pm

GeoTek
Image
Perception: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5
I think I had a reason for not buying Perception... not that this roll would be helped by much

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Sun May 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm
Madame Curare
Image
kenseido wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 pm
"On it," his mechanized voice responds. The suit then fades from view as he activates his stealth systems.

"Which way are you heading? I'll scout ahead."
Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm
She nods at the ageless assassin's request. "The trees will get in the way of good visibility but I'll do the best I can, always. And please call me 'Magenta' when we're on mission." she asks.
“Undetermined as of yet. We'll see what Buzzbomb finds...” Curare said, “But keep your head on a swivel, this guy can probably hide in the forest pretty well... But, that said, these big angry guys usually leave quite a mess in their wake. Look for smashed trees or the like.”
MacynSnow wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 pm
"What's the plan for the assault ounce we find him? I might be able to knock him out if i can hit him with a strong enough dose,but i need to get to him first...I also need to speak to you and Tsalmaveth in private when we have a chance....."
“Also undetermined.” Curare said with a shrug, “Maybe we'll get lucky and find him dormant. Maybe even asleep. If we should be so lucky, then you, me, and Tsalmaveth can try to do it quietly. If not, well, then I'm thinking good old fashioned violence. Oni is probably the only one of us strong enough to handle him in close quarters. If we have to engage in direct battle, we'll do the old hit-and-run, 'ninja vanish' routine. Multiple angles of attack, no one stays engaged for too long if they can help it, fight dirty.”

It felt good to be giving orders again. This gaggle of colorful freaks weren't the well-trained assassins and professional San Ho Hui that she'd preferred to work with in the past... But, then again, giant grey beastmen weren't her usual targets either.
Image
"Imposible. Bushido needs to be observed. I shall defeat the akuma myself in single combat. Should I fail, do as you please." Oni states, leaving it clear that he wouldn't take no for an answer
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Red Death
Image
Hero Points-1 Condition-On Alert
Looking over at Oni,Alex says
"Honored Yamada-san,what if we allowed you to deliver the knockout blow to the creature.Would that not satisfiy the Bushido code?"
OOC:ok,let's try a persuade attempt on Oni,cause the plan hinges on ambush....
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=205185: 5+4=9 that blew chunky bits,so using hero point to re-roll it...
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=205186: 18+4+10-10=22 jackpot,baby!
Cureare can consider owing a favor to Red if you want Bg....:D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun May 20, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pathfinderq1
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Buzzbomb
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: On the trail


In a blur of motion, she was back in the clearing where she had started- it was easier to just head back than it was to play with the unfamiliar comm-links they had been issued. "Found someplace our boy has been- that or somebody's been out joy-riding bulldozers... Just up north, couple of hundred yards, but I don't think he's still there. Anybody any good at following a trail of destruction instead of making one?"

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Batgirl III » Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 pm

Madame Curare
Image

“<I admire your courage, Oni-sensei. No one here doubts your courage or your skill.>” Curare said, "<But in the words of Yamamoto Jocho: 'Military affairs are not matters for one person alone, regardless of how useful he tries to be.' I beleive that it was Takeda Nobushige who expanded upon this, saying: 'In matters both great and small, one should not turn his back on his master's commands.' Whether we like it or not, Wainwright-dono is our master now, before we left you pledged yourself to do this deed for her.>"

“<We cannot achieve victory as selfish individuals. We must act as one, with one purpose.>”
Roll wrote:Expertise [Philosophy]: 20+5 = 20+5 = 25
Well, there goes the one Natural 20 I'm likely to roll during this campaign. :D That should be enough to remember a passage from the Hagakure and the diary entry of a famous daimyo.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Cat arches a brow when Oni declares he'll fight it one on one....with a completely straight face like he actually believed that. That deserved an eye roll. She hoped whatever Curare was saying would get that silliness out of his head. Not that she wanted to engage in the good ol' fisticuffs with the big guy, luck was a fickle thing though and works strangely. Might have the group come up on the guy unawares, or drop a tree on his head while he tried to make her a chew toy.

"Let's get over to the path of destruction. Might be something that points me in the right direction." she smiles. No reason they couldn't have a little fun while doing this mission.
Tattooedman wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm
EpicEclipse - Nope, there are things in the works I need a fight to establish. Yeah, I'm already working in something for a future game. :mrgreen:
S'all good. No harm in the asking. I'm sure I'll find some other way to edit us in some favorable circumstances ;)

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Oni

Post by Camus » Sun May 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Image

The samurai takes a hand to his chin as he meditates on what has been said. All very true indeed. "Very well, I admire your knowledge on the art of war and of the code. I shall comply." he compliments. Then considers Red Death offering. "No" he states facing him. "Instead, let me lure the bakemono out and then you can play your trickery upon it."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 pm

EpicEclipse wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Cat arches a brow when Oni declares he'll fight it one on one....with a completely straight face like he actually believed that. That deserved an eye roll. She hoped whatever Curare was saying would get that silliness out of his head. Not that she wanted to engage in the good ol' fisticuffs with the big guy, luck was a fickle thing though and works strangely. Might have the group come up on the guy unawares, or drop a tree on his head while he tried to make her a chew toy.

"Let's get over to the path of destruction. Might be something that points me in the right direction." she smiles. No reason they couldn't have a little fun while doing this mission.
Tattooedman wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm
EpicEclipse - Nope, there are things in the works I need a fight to establish. Yeah, I'm already working in something for a future game. :mrgreen:
S'all good. No harm in the asking. I'm sure I'll find some other way to edit us in some favorable circumstances ;)
Red Death(Alex Riley)
Image
Hero Point -1 Condition -On Alert
Nodding to Oni in understanding,Alex headed over towards Felicity(Cat Noir),his cloak&cowl barely concealing his Linebacker frame.
Gliding up to the Thief as if he were a ghost trying to haunt her,Alex say's to the group
"I'm in agreement with Cat Noir,we don't want to lose our target after all.That would make the Puppet upset and she might do something....unpleasant in response."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon May 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Magenta
Image
Perception: 1D20+11 = [5]+11 = 16
also poor roll, but we'll see
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue May 22, 2018 6:32 am

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Calm
HP: 0


"Yeah, domo arigoto and all that jazz." He comments off handedly at Oni's apparent acceptance of her terms. "While those two are off scouting from the air, need me to do any ground reconnaissance? Forests aren't my typical dive, but they're shadier then open fields and hat's all that matters for me."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Geotek & Magenta:

In the air above the forest the two fliers have a limited view of the ground below them thanks to the dense canopy of trees, though Magenta notices a small clearing that looks as if their target had been fighting or something as several of the surrounding trees are damaged to varying degrees. It's from there that she manages to make out what looks like a man (or monster depending on one's opinion) made path leading away from the clearing that looks to be heading towards a river was noted on the map Wainwright supplied.


OOC wrote:Yep, the clearing is the spot Buzzbomb found just to be clear.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue May 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Magenta
Image


Magenta's voice comes over the comms."I see a path leading off of a clearing up ahead. Looks like our guy could've made it. It leads off that way." she descends a little til they can see her and the metal orbiting her forms an arrow pointing in the direction the path went.
"Isn't there a river that way?" It's SO STUPID that we are a walking, talking magnet yet we don't know which way is North. Uhg!!!
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:31 pm
Magenta
Image


Magenta's voice comes over the comms."I see a path leading off of a clearing up ahead. Looks like our guy could've made it. It leads off that way." she descends a little til they can see her and the metal orbiting her forms an arrow pointing in the direction the path went.
"Isn't there a river that way?" It's SO STUPID that we are a walking, talking magnet yet we don't know which way is North. Uhg!!!
Red Death
Image
HP-1 Condition-Normal
Looking up at Magneta,Alex replies
"I believe so,my Angel...."

He then turn towards Cat Noir and,doing a short bow with a gauntleted hand pointed in the direction,says
"Ladies first....."
Alex followed immediately afterward,almost ghosting over the terrain...
ok,let's see how i do today.....
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=205464: 15+8=23 that's a rather decent number,if i do say so myself! :D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed May 23, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue May 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity rolls her eyes at Alex, twice. She almost felt bad for him with all his heavy handed flirting with Maggie only for her to act utterly oblivious to it and him coming off a little stalkeresque as a result. He wasn't even all that smooth with the flirting, but that could be chalked up as a bad day or out of practice given he was women up in the middle of the night and all.

She clucks her tongue lightly and looks up towards Maggie to get the direction then heads off, letting the others decide to follow along. Sure Dave could do his spooky shadow thing to get them there, allegedly, but they might miss something in the walking in between. That in mind, Cat herself doesn't really look like she's paying all that much attention, much less searching for anything in particular, letting her natural luck guide her and her senses, though she does move with a sort of liquid grace and silence, vanishing into the brush.
Using Cat's Lucky Awareness Power, first with her enhanced mental senses (the base effect of that array) and switching to get Detect Clues.

Perception, Lucky Awareness: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11
1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27


Also utilizing her skill mastery on stealth for a routine check total of 20.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Tue May 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Image

The path was clear. The samurai speeded past most of the others, with an unnatural speed, as he leaped over obstacles and dodged low branches.
Meanwhile his eyes darted to the sides looking for the quarry.

Acrobatics: 32. Added to his speed 3 that should get him there pretty quickly.
Perception: 22
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply